AFL investigation

deegirl

Yep, I can just imagine someone saying 'lets topple Don and oust Cam. But first lets ask the people on Demonland what they think".

Robbie read this thread and tell me what you think sophisticated thinkers would think.

If you think you're insights or mine would be of interest you're dreamin'.

Now you're being silly; if anyone was interested in running for the board or unseating the incumbent President wouldn't it be a good idea to gauge their/his popularity first?

It would appear that the majority of posters here are happy with the current Board, so do you think that we are so far out of step with the majority of MFC members?

If you do then why is there no opposition to their re-election? There will always be those that think they can do better and those that dislike those in power, but if they are unhappy and if there is a groundswell, where is it?

Now you're being silly; if anyone was interested in running for the board or unseating the incumbent President wouldn't it be a good idea to gauge their/his popularity first?

It would appear that the majority of posters here are happy with the current Board, so do you think that we are so far out of step with the majority of MFC members?

If you do then why is there no opposition to their re-election? There will always be those that think they can do better and those that dislike those in power, but if they are unhappy and if there is a groundswell, where is it?

Right. So can you please point me to the discussion on the appointment of John Trotter to the Board.

You really don't get it do you. Nobody want to overthrow the Board and if they did they wouldn't need to come here to gauge whether they should. Do you reckon Jimma spent hours reading Demonland before putting his Board together.

Get real, you're a long way out here.

An extremely good question Robbie

Are we dealing with people who are genuinely interested in improving the MFC

Or just people with a grudge to bear who see their chief motive as vengeance.

I don't think you need to be a rocket scientist to work it out.

As you say why are no board members being challenged?

• Like 1

WJ, I had the impression you were desiring to fight for our Clubs reputation, & also for Schwab & Connoll's?

Have you changed your feelings about this?

Is our defence team going to fight the AFL, for the rights of Schwab & Connolly?

What makes you think I've changed my feelings about this issue (I haven't)?

From the regular member surveys the MFC conducts? As for pollies, say no more. Pollies are more interested in what their opposition counterparts may be saying on the public airwaves. Besides, Political parties monitor all media, not just talkback. More importantly, they do their own "private" polling.

I simply make the point, vested interest forums do not necessarily speak for the majority. They are simply there for the entertainment of the participants.

I didn't say MFC should do nothing other than read this forum.

But have you ever filled out a MFC survey? In my memory they mainly ask questions like 'Would you like yet another scarf' -- not 'do you think CS should be sacked'.

Do you think political parties don't take note of what's being twittered or on talk-back radio as well as doing their own polls etc.? You think Gillard is more concerned with what Abbot (for example) says on Jones program than with the public reaction to it? You think they turn off their recording as soon as Abbot leaves the studio and ignore what the callers say? (I wish they would personally.) Do you think they don't weigh the fact that the callers may not reflect the majority views? They do both and so I expect does the MFC.

As you say why are no board members being challenged?

I can think of a number of reasons why you wouldn't want to mount a challenge. You need to be reasonably well heeled, have plenty of time to attend to club business and the inevitable crises that follow AFL clubs around. You need to have no other distractions in life and sometimes no other life at all and then you need to have a thick skin, bullet proof vest and silent telephone number.

Nah, forget it.

• Like 1

Right. So can you please point me to the discussion on the appointment of John Trotter to the Board.

You really don't get it do you. Nobody want to overthrow the Board and if they did they wouldn't need to come here to gauge whether they should. Do you reckon Jimma spent hours reading Demonland before putting his Board together.

Get real, you're a long way out here.

You know that for a fact do you?

Jimma didn't have to read Demonland, he could see the club drowning in debt and decided to do something about it; do you agree with that and do you think he was right?

Are we drowning in debt now?

I can think of a number of reasons why you wouldn't want to mount a challenge. You need to be reasonably well heeled, have plenty of time to attend to club business and the inevitable crises that follow AFL clubs around. You need to have no other distractions in life and sometimes no other life at all and then you need to have a thick skin, bullet proof vest and silent telephone number. Nah, forget it.

Now I know why there are no challengers WJ

You know that for a fact do you?

Jimma didn't have to read Demonland, he could see the club drowning in debt and decided to do something about it; do you agree with that and do you think he was right?

Are we drowning in debt now?

My point exactly. Well done, I think you're getting there.

What makes you think I've changed my feelings about this issue (I haven't)?

I don't, I'm not sure how you feel & what you think, as I'd seemed to remember you posting something to the effect of fighting these things being put/suggested in the Commissions 800 page report.

I thought, maybe I just Imagined, that you implied to fight for Schwab, Connolly & the MFC as well. all in one basket?

Maybe I was wrong thinking you would defend Connolly & Schwab.

Will you defend them (CS & CC) against any AFL Commissions charges arising from the 800 page report?

I don't, I'm not sure how you feel & what you think, as I'd seemed to remember you posting something to the effect of fighting these things being put/suggested in the Commissions 800 page report.

I thought, maybe I just Imagined, that you implied to fight for Schwab, Connolly & the MFC as well. all in one basket?

Maybe I was wrong thinking you would defend Connolly & Schwab.

Will you defend them (CS & CC) against any AFL Commissions charges arising from the 800 page report?

The fighting will be done by the club and its legal advisers and Ray Finkelstein is one of the best. They don't need me but they will have my full support and hopefully that of every MFC supporter who has the club's interests at heart.

• Like 1

The fighting will be done by the club and its legal advisers and Ray Finkelstein is one of the best. They don't need me but they will have my full support and hopefully that of every MFC supporter who has the club's interests at heart.

Thanks Jack.

Is that the 2 solicitors mentioned in the press, + the Fink as barrister?

Funny how its all gone quiet out there in the real world !!

For some reason I thought it was today. Wasn't the commission next meeting today ?

wasn't it going to be 3 weeks to reply? (I know don't believe what you read)

well its 3 weeks already

anyone know the magical date?

I believe it is 25/1 dc but that is from my memory

Jack, have you seen the report?

bah this is funny , it was always jan 29 , the lot of you have been so busy sniping each other with crap you have forotten that important date , i skipped the last dozen or so pages because of all the rubbish , re , agenda , conspirisy , slagging off my club , , what a pack of lil kids , fair dinkum , it turned to crap , im banning myself till that date THE 29 JAN 2013 , , off with me , and carry on dills

Fan, do you fish with a bucket and a gun ?

You've had your wobbly moments early on, but good to see you back on your game. Just ditch the Wilson fanfare and you're on a winner.

Look, to be honest, when you've got Robbie you don't need the gun.

BTW, I hate Caro. :)

Fan, do you fish with a bucket and a gun ?

You've had your wobbly moments early on, but good to see you back on your game. Just ditch the Wilson fanfare and you're on a winner.

I think he prefers his rod?