Our best 22 post draft

Disco Demons

Absolutely I'm serious. For Terlich to come in, you need to remove one player. You've named Garland and Grimes in the position that you think Terlich could play. Sure, you could remove someone from the midfield and put Grimes there, but why wouldn't you have him in there in the first place?

He doesn't have to directly replace them, Grimes would move to a back flank (where he would most likely play anyway) and Terlich may replace someone like Nicholson. It was just a comment that Terlich looks a ready made option.

Jesus H Christ I am excited for NAB cup and Round 1...........

I'm not even going to have a crack at a team yet its way too early...

There will be quite a few guys who would be questioning their position within the scheme of things which should make training very, very competitive over the pre season. I doubt Neeld will give any reassurances to new or existing players so we should have a hungry squad come 2013.

BRING ON 2013!

• Like 1

Interesting if you put Toumpas in at half back. I doubt it but it would be an awwesome line that will only get better. Tom could just handpass off to the probably the best rebounders and kicks in our team.

Byrnes Dawes Howe

Pederson Clark Sylvia

Blease. Viney. Toumpas

Grimes. McDonald Watts

Garland. Frawley. Tapscott

Gawn. Jones Trengove

Barry Jamar Rodan Nicholson

• Like 1

I am, once again being November, full of optomism about next year.

Certainly best 22 would include Clark but he may well not be ready for round 1 - best to get him fully right and not risk any aggravation or elapse.

• Like 1

FB: Nicho Frawley Garland

HB: Watts McDonald Grimes

C: Toumpas Jones Blease

HF: Howe Clark Sylvia

FF: Byrnes Dawes Pederson

R: Jamar Trengove Viney

I/C: Dunn Rodan McKenzie

Sub Tapscott

What would I know.

I would be happy if I got the basic pass mark of 50%

Edited by Chippy
  • Like 1

Nicholson Frawley Garland

Watts McDonald Dunn

Grimes Jones Howe

Blease Clark Sylvia

Byrnes Dawes Pedersen

Fol: Jamar Trengove Viney

Int: McKenzie, Toumpas, Tapscott

Sub: Rodan

Fringe: Bail, Taggert, Tynan, Evans, Strauss, etc.

*Neeld has stated that Dawes will be FF and that Clark will be released further up the ground.

**I'm not a fan of Bail, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him in the 22.

I was thinking about what the best 22 might look like and I came up with pretty much what you delivered, BH.

It's still pretty early in the piece though and competition for spots will be much more fierce than it has been in some years. Half-back flank will be where the competition is stiffest. It will be fascinating to see who comes out on top.

B Tapscott, Frawley, Garland

HB Watts, McDonald, Toumpas

C Blease, Viney, Grimes

HF Howe, Clark, Sylvia

F Byrnes, Dawes, Trengove

R Jamar, Jones, McKenzie

IC Pederson, Nicholson, Barry Sub Rodan

I'm actually pretty settled on this cept for the position of Barry, which could have been any of 10 other players.

No doubt, this might look silly by game time

Sorry Rolly, but how anyone can have Kent, or any of the new draftees (other than Viney and Jimmy), in their best 18 is beyond belief.

l'm really interested in Kent, he's a good long left-foot kick who could be a surprise packet. l rather him than Dunn

Guest NoMoreMrNiceGuy

The thing that stands out like a sore thumb is that lack of a quality small forward.

We really need a livewire up there to feed at the feet of the big men and I'm not sure anyone suggested cuts it to the level required.

Hopefully we can come up with a better prospect than Kel Lawrence turned out to be.

Dayle Garlett anyone?

The thing that stands out like a sore thumb is that lack of a quality small forward.

We really need a livewire up there to feed at the feet of the big men and I'm not sure anyone suggested cuts it to the level required.

Hopefully we can come up with a better prospect than Kel Lawrence turned out to be.

Dayle Garlett anyone?

Think the intention may be for our midfielders to rotate thru the forward line and play this role. Guys such as Viney jones and Trengove.

B: Nicholson Frawley Garland

HB: Watts McDonald Dunn

C: Trengove Sylvia Grimes

HF: Howe Clark Blease

F: Byrnes Dawes Pedersen

Foll: Jamar McKenzie Jones

Int: Tapscott Toumpas Viney

1. Settled and balanced back 6

2. Experienced and hard centre line

3. Dynamic HF line

4. Fresh, structurally sound FF line

5. Experienced hardnosed on ballers

6. Fresh, flexible and hard interchange

7. The Sub IMO must be someone who has the ability to create and make things happen quickly. He either will have to contribute to a team who is in a strong position when he comes on, or, try to improve their position. Both very different situations, DRod can fill this roll better than most.....if not, at least we will learn a few new dance moves for the evening ahead.

Edit: Formatting

Edited by Lace Out
  • Like 2

Dayle Garlett anyone?

Shannon Byrnes for two seasons, with David Rodan to rotate through there.

If we were to take a small forward in the rookie draft I'd look out for Shannon Taylor.

FB: Garland - Frawley - Nicho

HB: Watts - McDonald - Dunn

C: Toumpas - Viney - Blease

HF: Sylvia - Clark - Howe

FF: Byrnes - Dawes - Pedo

R: Jamar - Jones - Trengove

I: Tapscott - Rodan - McKenzie

S: Bail

I was thinking about what the best 22 might look like and I came up with pretty much what you delivered, BH.

It's still pretty early in the piece though and competition for spots will be much more fierce than it has been in some years. Half-back flank will be where the competition is stiffest. It will be fascinating to see who comes out on top.

Yes, but I suspect the side will look different come round 1.

My suggested team was based on an educated guess if all things remained the same, but they won't stay the same. Players like Kent, Evans, Terlich, Taggert, Jones, etc., will be given every opportunity to earn a spot.

We're desperate to improve our midfield and need an injection of class. Toumpas will play all of next year as a 19 year old, which is at odds with Trengove, who played every game in his first year as an 18 year old - and he played plenty. Toumpas should be a lock in any side as he's already had two years playing SANFL footy. I really like the look of Kent, so I'm hoping he gets a taste, and we need the speed and spread of Evans. I'm hoping someone like Terlich can put pressure on Garland, who turns it over too much.

We can't expect too much from young players, but I hope that in 3 years a midfield of Viney, Toumpas, Trengove, Jones, Grimes, Kent, Blease can be a nucleus that can match it with the best.

We need a couple of those to become genuinely elite mids, plus a couple of others that are A grade. But I've been saying that for years and it hasn't happened.

Nicholson Frawley Garland

Watts McDonald Dunn

Grimes Jones Howe

Blease Clark Sylvia

Byrnes Dawes Pedersen

Fol: Jamar Trengove Viney

Int: McKenzie, Toumpas, Tapscott

Fringe: Bail, Taggert, Tynan, Evans, Strauss, etc.

*Neeld has stated that Dawes will be FF and that Clark will be released further up the ground.

**I'm not a fan of Bail, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him in the 22.

Wasn't pedo's role defined as a link between ruck and forward? Would he be playing in a pocket?

Anyone with toumpas on the pine is kidding themselves.

B: Strauss. Frawley. Garland.

HB: Grimes. McDonald. Watts.

C: Toumpas. Viney. Trengove

HF: Howe. Clark. Blease

F: Sylvia. Dawes. Byrnes.

R: Jamar. Jones. McKenzie.

Pine: Tapscott. Pedersen. Rodan.

Nicholson. Kent. M.jones. Terlich

Edited by J VINEY FAN

Anyone with toumpas on the pine is kidding themselves.

B: Strauss. Frawley. Garland.

HB: Grimes. McDonald. Watts.

C: Toumpas. Viney. Trengove

HF: Howe. Clark. Blease

F: Sylvia. Dawes. Byrnes.

R: Jamar. Jones. McKenzie.

Pine: Tapscott. Pederson. Rodan.

Nicholson. Dent. M.jones. Terlich

The way the game is played nowadays, most players will get relatively equal time on the ground. I would not at all be surprised to see Toumpas on the bench to start round 1.

Many high picks start their first game on the bench. Nothing unusual about it.

One game last year, both of our captains started on the bench.