A former Melbourne sponsor says a senior Demons official boasted about securing top two draft picks

So many people with their heads in the sand...

We tanked, tanking is not allowed, we will cop a whack.

Hopefully individual board members will be sanctioned but i think we could lose pick 4 also.

And for those bleating about carlton, richmond and the pies...they were all able to keep their mouths shut.

We would have been fine if everyone kept their mouths shut but people talked and we must now pay thevprics

• Like 1

After the Kreuzer Cup thousands of Carlton supporters were boasting about their priority draft pick as well.

However, three weeks before that game, a former Carlton board member was boasting they would get the pick and how they were going to go about it.

I'm waiting for a call from the AFL.

Why don't you call them?

Hopefully individual board members will be sanctioned but i think we could lose pick 4 also.

And for those bleating about carlton, richmond and the pies...they were all able to keep their mouths shut.

We would have been fine if everyone kept their mouths shut but people talked and we must now pay thevprics

I have no doubt we tanked - depending on the definition, but I don't take the "evidence" provided in Wilson's articles as proof, or in any way being definitive.

• Like 2

but none of this would stand up in a court of law. The rule is not black or white.

We may have done some wrong morally, we may have said too much which is stupid, but even on here for 2 years it was the Hot Topic.

The reason any of this happened is because the AFL left a door open.

Since 2001 we have not been alone in walking through that door.

• Like 1

Vlad told the media, team is guilty of tanking if the players given instructions to lose

Not one evidence suggest we asked players to lose

If we are guilty, there has to be new rules been created by Vlad saying they change the tanking rules

• Like 2

This article is so lame it could not walk with calipers.

Talk about overstating the case.

It's one quote, not even a direct one but a recollection of a conversation AFTER the event.

To claim, as the article does, that this is another person coming forward providing 'details' of tanking is just wrong.

I'd hate to be on trial with people who write this sort of stuff on the jury.

This article is a non-event. Other allegations however, if reports are right, are more concerning although none of us is in a position to know how strong they are. On another thread someone suggested an entrapment exercise was underway. That could well be so. I mean, if they really had the goods why the leaks?

It's one quote, not even a direct one but a recollection of a conversation AFTER the event.

To claim, as the article does, that this is another person coming forward providing 'details' of tanking is just wrong.

This article is a non-event. Other allegations however, if reports are right, are more concerning although none of us is in a position to know how strong they are. On another thread someone suggested an entrapment exercise was underway. That could well be so. I mean, if they really had the goods why the leaks?

Something smells funny here, this investigation dragged on for months with no comment from the AFL except it will take as long as it takes. Now all of a sudden we have had almost a new person coming forward each day, all coming from the same source perhaps? Pretty sure its not being leaked by the AFL investigator!

Based on third party reports of a flippant comment made four years ago and of which various witnesses have varying recollections. Damning evidence that.

Something smells funny here, this investigation dragged on for months with no comment from the AFL except it will take as long as it takes. Now all of a sudden we have had almost a new person coming forward each day, all coming from the same source perhaps? Pretty sure its not being leaked by the AFL investigator!

yeah very good post. Exactly what is being said in many quarters. Why not? Why leak so much? Who would gain by that?

If the AFL punish the MFC based purely on evidence that a few could not keep their mouths shut, or at worst drag up documentation stating our intent of "not wanting to win" but then don't carry out due diligence and investigate every other club where rumours have emanated from, then this will be the greatest injustice of them all.

The possibility that this may be required would be of great concern to the AFL. The huge amount of time and resources that must be going into this investigation will be multiplied by at least six times.

For this reason, I don't believe there will be club imposed sanctions. Rather the exit of a few people at the top of the MFC which is at the crux of the medias agenda.

• Like 1

Maybe they want to punish, by trial of the media. Maybe thats they're best.

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 1

If the AFL punish the MFC based purely on evidence that a few could not keep their mouths shut, or at worst drag up documentation stating our intent of "not wanting to win" but then don't carry out due diligence and investigate every other club where rumours have emanated from, then this will be the greatest injustice of them all.

The possibility that this may be required would be of great concern to the AFL. The huge amount of time and resources that must be going into this investigation will be multiplied by at least six times.

For this reason, I don't believe there will be club imposed sanctions. Rather the exit of a few people at the top of the MFC which is at the crux of the medias agenda.

The Media dont get to decide that either and I for one will be standing behind everyone at the club .

We cannot let others run their agendas for us .

United we stand .

Divided we just go back to losing and getting shoved around on and off field .

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

Fox Sports

So much has been written on this but events like this really sum up this whole affair. The biggest reason Melbourne are being grilled as much as they are is that some people in the club don't seem to understand the meaning of the word 'discrete'. It reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer Simpson was a truck driver and he was telling everyone about the Teamsters auto pilot: 'Don't tell anybody! It's a big conspiracy!'

The club should be afforded natural justice and go through the proper procedures but quite frankly the blokes involved in this crap should just fall on their swords now for being absolute asshats.The whole scenario runs against the spirit of the game and that should be punished IF they are found guilty via guidelines set up by an independent commission but whoever was stupid enough to go around saying this should be out of a job for sheer incompetence. Carlton, Richmond and Collingwood may have done things that are similar to this but at least they weren't stupid enough to boast to people about it and hold meetings discussing it.

Funnily enough, I think the word you're looking for is "discreet."

The Media dont get to decide that either and I for one will be standing behind everyone at the club .

We cannot let others run their agendas for us .

United we stand .

Divided we just go back to losing and getting shoved around on and off field .

No of course the media won't make that decision. The AFL will based on their investigations of which the media have been leaked some of.

My point was that rather than outright attacking CS or CC the media will throw muck at and deride the club until they get what they're after.

God love the spelling and grammar Nazis. Because if there's one thing that can unravel an argument, it is the misuse of a word.

but none of this would stand up in a court of law. The rule is not black or white.

We may have done some wrong morally, we may have said too much which is stupid, but even on here for 2 years it was the Hot Topic.

The reason any of this happened is because the AFL left a door open.

Since 2001 we have not been alone in walking through that door.

So if the MFC gets punished should we take it to court? Is the MFC bigger than the AFL, more important?

The NRL no longer has a draft because 1person thought he was more entitled than the rest 20 odd years ago, could the code handle a trial of such magnitude?

Would johnny cochranes start running the agenda?

There are mumblings about the salary cap being a restriction of trade. do we want MFC to create a letigious era where the rich clubs like collingwood can simply outspend opposition like manchester city did?

This spelling is acceptable in its derivation from the Ancient Greek ,emanating from the Athenians needing to leave the Island of Crete very quietly and quickly under cover of dark . DIS (as in disembark) and Crete (Greek Is.)They failed in their attempt at DISCRETION and were slaughtered by the chorus .

• Like 4

Based on third party reports of a flippant comment made four years ago and of which various witnesses have varying recollections. Damning evidence that.

Have they actually produced a positive doping test for lance armstrong?

To my knowledge it is from team mate testimony only that he has had his titles stripped and they were from longer ago than 4 years.

So if the MFC gets punished should we take it to court? Is the MFC bigger than the AFL, more important?

The NRL no longer has a draft because 1person thought he was more entitled than the rest 20 odd years ago, could the code handle a trial of such magnitude?

Would johnny cochranes start running the agenda?

There are mumblings about the salary cap being a restriction of trade. do we want MFC to create a letigious era where the rich clubs like collingwood can simply outspend opposition like manchester city did?

of course we should take the decision to court if sanctioned. Nobody really knows what we did, because the law related to it is very badly written.

Because Neeld is a racist and coaches the players according to colour .
  • Like 1

Have they actually produced a positive doping test for lance armstrong?

To my knowledge it is from team mate testimony only that he has had his titles stripped and they were from longer ago than 4 years.

Certain samples by a French laboratory have been held since he was a schmuck .He had them silenced years ago .

The samples and numbers and positive readings match for every year he used EPO.

he has only been stripped of the years he tested positive in the TDF.Which was all 7 that he won .

He gets to keep the 56th place he got when he was clean.

This spelling is acceptable in its derivation from the Ancient Greek ,emanating from the Athenians needing to leave the Island of Crete very quietly and quickly under cover of dark . DIS (as in disembark) and Crete (Greek Is.)They failed in their attempt at DISCRETION and were slaughtered by the chorus .

Biffen friend me good.