Tippett and capitalism

Mono

Not draft tampering because the agreement said a 2nd round pick whereas SYDNEY OFFERED A 1ST ROUND PICK.

Agree with your 2nd point.

It's a media beat up.

Its attempted draft tampering by Adelaide and Tippett and his management.

Its hardly a media beat up given the AFL have immediately commenced an investigation and it is likely that there will be penalties re this years draft and high level punishments,.

Its not a legal minefield either.

The AFL have laid down clear salary cap and draft tampering rules.

Adelaide have come forward and mea culpa have admitted and provided evidence that as Club they have breached the rules.

The AFL have launched an investigation and its likely all parties involved will be duly penalised.

This is the club's fault. All the blame should rest with them. They should be above this sort of behaviour and be able to stand up to the Tippett camp. The Tippett camp probably had a fair bit of leverage around the time of the deal, but that's beside the point. The cap is the cap and it can't be circumvented by any means. The league won't cop this Carlton-esque buffoonery and they should crack down hard on adelaide.

Not draft tampering because the agreement said a 2nd round pick whereas SYDNEY OFFERED A 1ST ROUND PICK.

Agree with your 2nd point.

It's a media beat up.

At the time the contract was signed, Adelaide agreed to trade Tippett for a second round pick regardless of his actual worth at the time of the trade. That's an undertaking to act in a way that could distort the value of places in the draft, whenever it might occur. I don't think the AFL will be too worried about whether it actually happened or not, the intention to tamper will presumably be more than enough for them.

The Crows and Tippett should have known better and deserve anything they get for agreeing to such a ridiculous deal outside of Tippett's standard contract.

But the real villain in this saga is the player managers. They've used their clients leverage to strike a deal that compromises everyone involved. They can plead ignorance, which is admitting their own incompetence. Or they can fess up and admit that they were deliberately trying to circumvent the laws of the game. Either way they should tell them to find another line of work.

Narcissistic Gen Y's with overblown feelings of entitlement

I blame the smelly old, pension sucking, nostalgic, backwards, technology challenged, incoherant and obsolite baby boomers

See how easy it is to over generalise and over blame

I blame the smelly old, pension sucking, nostalgic, backwards, technology challenged, incoherant and obsolite baby boomers

LIke your post -incoherEnt.

Too tech savvy to turn on the spellcheck?

In my day we used a dictionary and a thesaurus made from paper!

and we wore an onion in our belt.

• Like 1

Obsolete or not - I can at least spell it.

LIke your post -incoherEnt.

Too tech savvy to turn on the spellcheck?

In my day we used a dictionary and a thesaurus made from paper!

and we wore an onion in our belt.

Not my finest moment... well played

My gramatically poor statement shouldnt be taken litterally - was just trying to use a harlf arsed hyperbole whilst multitasking

I speak english good and my grammer is usually better *throws fishing line and waits to see who bites*

Edited by PJ_12345

Tippett, his management and Adelaide are surely all jointly culpable and should all be penalised to the max for draft tampering and bringing the game into disrepute.

Baby boomers are c o o l. WTF do you think did all the heavy lifting with sex, drugs, rock'n'roll and yes computers. boomers = culture. dude.

• Like 4

T

You wear an onion on your belt. That was the style at the time.

And a nickel was called a bumblebee. Gimme five bees for a quarter you'd say.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Not my finest moment... well played

My gramatically poor statement shouldnt be taken litterally - was just trying to use a harlf arsed hyperbole whilst multitasking

I speak english good and my grammer is usually better *throws fishing line and waits to see who bites*

Thats ok tiger.And it's grammAR.
  • Like 1

But the real villain in this saga is the player managers. They've used their clients leverage to strike a deal that compromises everyone involved. They can plead ignorance, which is admitting their own incompetence. Or they can fess up and admit that they were deliberately trying to circumvent the laws of the game. Either way they should tell them to find another line of work.

Player Manager are absolute scum, lowest life form imaginable.

Hope Blucher gets a fair whack for his part in this - as we well know he has a history of dodgy deals, particularly involving the player's old man!

Wonder if the Swans will get punished - sounds like they tried to push Jesse White's large contract on the Crows under the threat of enforcing the 2nd round pick contract. Can't imagine the AFL would look favourably on this sort of blackmail - even if it is from their golden child team

Wonder if the Swans will get punished - sounds like they tried to push Jesse White's large contract on the Crows under the threat of enforcing the 2nd round pick contract. Can't imagine the AFL would look favourably on this sort of blackmail - even if it is from their golden child team

I read somewhere that they were trying to force White onto the Crows. I just don't understand how his contract could be all that large? Surely it was more about freeing up a spot on their list.

legal mine field Rhino...

melodramatic puff piece for the easily excited. Which specific rules are challengeable? Who is actually going to challenge them? How much will it cost and what is the likelihood of success?

Never let the reality of the situation cloud the hoopla.

Absolute melodrama.

Swans tried to offload an NQR player not necessarily the NQR contract amount. Hell MFC would have been looking for a Club silly enough to take on Davey's final year. Its part of the argy-bargy of negotiations.