WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - CHRIS DAWES

Just a journo faceting a presser Neeld had with Hogan.

Don't read too much into it.

Edited by belzebub59
  • Like 2

Just said on Sen that Neeldy and Leigh Brown have met with Dawes to convince him to be a Demon

Do we have to convince Dawes? Does he really have the final say? I would think that Collingwood would take the best offer they can get for him. The final decision might be theirs.

Neeld and Brown met with Dawes, probably just after Mick Malthouse did.

In saying that I don't think he will go to the blues.

I think he will go to the dogs because he won't have much compitition for his spot which is a reason he is leaving Collingwood.

Slight chance of coming our way and would be a good 2-3 year fill in while we wait for Hogan to come through.

I think we could get him for pick 20 + Stefan Martin, if that doesn't do it chuck in 1 of Bennell, cook or Bate...

The kennel won't be a very successful place in 2013. Just can't see where the immediate improvement can come from. They'll be 2-3 years behind state of the art sports science ( even though they have decent digs). Dogs will be playing catch up.

Dawes can either become a frustrated Footscray scrapper or part of a dynamic Demon duo, going places I.e. UP !!

The Blues have just pulled out, its out of the Bulldogs and us.

Source - Thje Australian

Apparently Brisbane Lions have thrown their hat in as well...although they say they aren't confident because of Dawes other commitments in Melbourne (studies and partner). The MFC would appear to be in the box seat. I also read that a decision would be made by tonight.

I just heard a strong rumour Chris Dawes, Farren Ray & pick 39 to Melbourne

Pick 20 & Pick 43 to Collingwood

Stefan Martin & Pick 45 to St.Kilda

Thats a great deal

Saints lose Ray & pick 43 for Martin & pick 45 ... will they cop that ??

Pies lose Dawes & pick 39 for Pick 20 & 43 ... seems fair

Dees lose Martin & pick 20 & pick 45 for Ray, Dawes &pick 39. Merry Xmas !!!

• Like 2

I just heard a strong rumour Chris Dawes, Farren Ray & pick 39 to Melbourne

Pick 20 & Pick 43 to Collingwood

Stefan Martin & Pick 45 to St.Kilda

Yeah, you would have got that from the bottom of the sauce bottle thread...

I'm warming to the recruitment of Dawes. He straightens up our structure. He takes the heat of Mitch. Mitch does not have to contest every forward thrust and reduces the risk of injury (Mitch is injury prone). Hogan also gets to learn off two big forwards and has the luxury of coming in as the 3rd tall (when he is ready) to learn his craft.

I'm starting to think Dawes is an important recruit for the clubs furture.

• Like 1

Gents, think about it. MN wouldn't want to ostricise 1 by saying he is simply a contingency plan for the other.

What's he going to say? We really want Chris but if Chris tells us to get nicked, we'll see if Scotty will come play. Taking this attitude may just make Gumby think 'I am only the contingency for those guys. screw em'

I doubt he legitimately believes we have a shot at landing both but would want to play to both of their egos. Smart strategy.

Or, have a different plan for Clarke & the ruck arrangements.

• Like 1

Trade Radio said Dawes is nothing more than a mid 20's pick. Why not just trade Martin and pick 20 to the pies for Dawes and their pick 17. Seems fair.

Trade Radio said Dawes is nothing more than a mid 20's pick. Why not just trade Martin and pick 20 to the pies for Dawes and their pick 17. Seems fair.

I'd do it in a blink but the Filth think they're in the box seat (don't hey always)

I think we Ned to remember it will all flow effectivelyfrom Dawes' choice of destination.

• Like 1

I would say its more like.

Gumbletons potential > Dawes > Martin.

Dawes is a premiership player and fills a gaping hole in our team. Gumbleton hasn't proven he's out of the woods injury wise and has only really had a handful of good games. No way you can compare the two!

The premiership player angle doesn't concern me. Plenty of ordinary footballers win premiership medals. Dawes would fill a hole though, no doubt. But how well? Not very, in my opinion. Did you watch him this year? Absolute stink-o-rama. We are lowering our gunsights too far with Chris Dawes.

If Ross Lyon is prepared to throw a 3-year deal at Gumby (as has been reported), we should take the punt on the more talented player. If Neeld can help this guy to get it all to click a two pronged attack of Mitch and Gumby would be seriously exciting.