Forum Footy - Sunday, 21 October

rollinson 65

two late apologies, tom and grimes4... :(

Whispering Jack is going to have to reconfigure the midfield... :blink: :blink:

here is latest (politically correct a la Whispering Jack) update...

Date and time: Sunday, October 21 at 11am...

Venue: glenferrie oval...

Special guest: Clint Bartram

Opposition: Bomberblitz and nick's collingwood site ...

format: each game 2 x 20 minute halves, 5 minute break for half time...

11am dees v dons

11.50am dees v pies

12.40pm dons v pies

Players: rollo 2 , deanox, the russian plus 1, demon land 7, jonesbag, yossarian, ucanchoose, cowboy from hell, the stynes factor, nat, syrus, leeroy, demon_tingles, dazzledavey36, saka 88, tassie dee plus 2, melbournefc, the passenger, cords1, cords2, strawbs...

Apologies (players): striker 475, wonnabeeri, funky41, P_Man, DeeM, heater, charlesy, doggo, wise, grant, toot182, rollo3, bananas, michaely, imtoohot, mickrocks1, junior, tom, grimes4...

Coach: Whispering Jack...

Apologies (coaches) : Redleg...

Helpers: rollinson 65, Supermercado, george on the outer, biffen...

Apologies (helpers): WhateveritTakes, demonland, spirit of 39, legend, deeknees, grant, rod grinter riot squad...

last minute apologies or questions, send me an email ([email protected]) or ring or text me on 0408 698 328...

we have never lost the neale daniher trophy to bomberblitz, nor the moore/woewodin trophy to nick's collingwood site, and WJ says we will not besmirtch that record in 2012...

besmirtch is a Whispering Jack (lawyers') word, so pardon me if the spelling is wrong... :ph34r:

Can't believe it was 6 years ago when I played my first forum match... at Glenferrie Oval. These are the only 'realtime' footy games I play apart from the AFL 9's so it is always a pleasure to catch up with the old crew and meet some new ones.

Rollo, I have enticed 'Dave' my mate who came and filled in a few times to come along... He has expressed interest in playing, umpiring or even playing for the Bombers since he's a diehard supporter.

The things we do for the love and pride of our jumper.

See you boys tomorrow.

GIRO, all are welcome. And there have been some late apologies. I think rollo1 is in bed, so I'm going to say come on down!

second that...

we can always use more helpers, and we can't guarantee our numbers until Whispering jack does his final count before game time...

we have got better in recent years, but there are always late apologies and no-shows...

welcome, GIRO and dave... :wub:

here is latest (politically correct a la Whispering Jack) update...

Date and time: Sunday, October 21 at 11am...

Venue: glenferrie oval...

Special guest: Clint Bartram

Opposition: Bomberblitz and nick's collingwood site ...

format: each game 2 x 20 minute halves, 5 minute break for half time...

11am dees v dons

11.50am dees v pies

12.40pm dons v pies

Players: rollo 2 , deanox, the russian plus 1, demon land 7, jonesbag, yossarian, ucanchoose, cowboy from hell, the stynes factor, nat, syrus, leeroy, demon_tingles, dazzledavey36, saka 88, tassie dee plus 2, melbournefc, the passenger, cords1, cords2, strawbs...

Emergencies: GIRO, dave...

Apologies (players): striker 475, wonnabeeri, funky41, P_Man, DeeM, heater, charlesy, doggo, wise, grant, toot182, rollo3, bananas, michaely, imtoohot, mickrocks1, junior, tom, grimes4, dazzledavey36...

Coach: Whispering Jack...

Apologies (coaches) : Redleg...

Helpers: rollinson 65, Supermercado, george on the outer, biffen, GIRO, dave...

Apologies (helpers): WhateveritTakes, demonland, spirit of 39, legend, deeknees, grant, rod grinter riot squad...

last minute apologies or questions, send me an email ([email protected]) or ring or text me on 0408 698 328...

we have never lost the neale daniher trophy to bomberblitz, nor the moore/woewodin trophy to nick's collingwood site, and WJ says we will not besmirtch that record in 2012...

besmirtch is a Whispering Jack (lawyers') word, so pardon me if the spelling is wrong... :ph34r:

Edited by rollinson 65

FORUM FOOTY SUMMARY

Today, Sunday, October 21.

Coach requires 10.30am arrival for 11am start.

Glenferrie Oval, Linda Crescent, Hawthorn.

Melway map reference 45 C10.

Plenty of parking in the car park to the east of the oval.

Train to Glenferrie Station on the Belgrave, Lilydale or Alamein Lines.

Weather forecast says mostly sunny, mild, 19 degrees.

Water and sunscreen required.

Helpers, please bring extra water - we always run out.

Everyone, bring extra jumpers for players without.

Special guest, Clint Bartram, will be arriving about 10.30am, but will probably need to leave aout 11.30am.

Last minute apologies, queries etc to rollo (peter) on 0408 698 328.

Edited by rollinson 65

Bombers beat the Pies in the truncated final game.

Organisers shunned the Duckworth-Lewis system and went for the normal %age rule to separate the teams and it was a win to the Dees!

Phew!

After kicking 1.5 I think i'll be relegated to the backline next time, but very relieved we snuck home. Thanks to the organisers and all who came out, especially Clint Bartram, was a fun dsy as always and good to see the other teams getting good numbers along as well.

OFFICIAL RESULTS AND STATISTICS

Game 1. Dees 10.3. 63 def Dons 4.1. 25

Game 2. Pies 6.8 44 def Dees 2.2 14

Game 3. Dons 6.4 40 def Pies 0.4. 4

So with all teams sharing one win and one loss, the Dees won the round robin on percentage.

• Dees 77 for 69 against = 111.6%

• Dons 65 points for 67 against = 97%

• Pies 48 points for 54 against = 88.9%