• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Forum Footy - Sunday, 21 October

rollinson 65

There are some great stories coming out of today's game. Clint was great. The players and our assistants were great and Rollo was absolutely fantastic. The games were played in good spirit and even the umpires deserve a complimentary word.

All of that later (including my fantastic story of the day).

I'll give Rollo some time to get home to Wangaratta to supply me with the stats.

Thanks all!

OFFICIAL RESULTS AND STATISTICS

Game 1. Dees 10.3. 63 def Dons 4.1. 25

Game 2. Pies 6.8 44 def Dees 2.2 14

Game 3. Dons 6.4 40 def Pies 0.4. 4

So with all teams sharing one win and one loss, the Dees won the round robin on percentage.

Dees 77 for 69 against = 111.6%

Dons 65 points for 67 against = 97%

Pies 48 points for 54 against = 88.9%

2 Questions -

How is Clint's rehab coming along.

Who is the motley looking bloke with the hat and sunnies on the left in the team pic ?

wot! no pix of the water boy?

The ugly guy with kid and beard , wearing the trackies.

My hammies are killing me.

No Biffo haters there.(By luck)

Bartram is now in my best 22 forever.

My boy loves him.

and ladies,

Clint is single!!

There are some great stories coming out of today's game. Clint was great. The players and our assistants were great and Rollo was absolutely fantastic. The games were played in good spirit and even the umpires deserve a complimentary word.

All of that later (including my fantastic story of the day).

I'll give Rollo some time to get home to Wangaratta to supply me with the stats.

Thanks all!

You too coach!!!

Thanks all for the fun.

An amazingly nice bunch of blokes who played.

My faith in Gen Y has begun.

• Like 1

couldn't find a pic of kid with beard - LOL

HA!!

It's a point of pride in Greece!!

2 Questions -

How is Clint's rehab coming along.

Who is the motley looking bloke with the hat and sunnies on the left in the team pic ?

I am more interested in the first question... how is Clint's rehab coming along?

He certainly looks fit and ready to fire. I really hope to see him back on the G next season.

By the way - you guys all look great - in much better condition than that Collingwood bloke.

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

did find a fat dude in red shirt who kinda looked greek but

γέλιο

I prefer portly DC-or even tubby.

Fat is so.......

True.

I am more interested in the first question... how is Clint's rehab coming along?

He certainly looks fit and ready to fire. I really hope to see him back on the G next season.

By the way - you guys all look great - in much better condition than that Collingwood bloke.

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Clint reckons he will be back in full training at the same time as Mitch Clark

and all being well ,available for selection in round one.

Early Jan for the full training BTW.

Clint is pretty happy we got Hogan and Dawes .

I tried getting info on Stef Martin but all he said was "agile big men are hard to find".

Clint was nice and genuine without being boring-told me he doesn't mind playing on G.Ablett one little bit.

Mitch Clark goes to amazing lengths to see his Daughter nearly every week .

I've got good vibes about the "culture" after today.

It was a good fun, apart from the collingwood player commando rolling into my knee in the last minute it was great fun.

Cheers to everyone involved, it was a fantastic day

How is the knee mate?

Yeah should be fine, little bit of hyper extension never hurt anyone.

Good game mate-I like the way you ignored the coach to stay on and also had a bit of aggro (in a social match).

I severley dislike collingwood and essendon

You can kinda tell watching you play.

You ,dazzle ,ching and the ruck with the mo were pretty scary looking for "social" players .

• Like 1

GENERATIONAL CHANGE by Rollo

Sorry this is so late but, probably like Whispering Jack, I am under siege at work.

Well, bomberblitz are the second-best forum footy team. But we beat them easily.

Lots of people remarked on Sunday that we could have picked a champion team from our list of veterans who were apologies.

But our new guys stepped up, and hopefully we can keep them interested in forum footy over the next few years.

Demonland7, jonesbag, the passenger, yossarian, saka888, cords1, cords2 and strawbs provide a solid basis for the future of demonland in forum footy. There was also No. 12, a guy called Brett, who kicked a bag. If someone can tell me how to get hold of him for future matches, I will be grateful.

Cords1 and Cords2 are descended from the famous Cordners who played for the Club, and you can tell the bloodlines.

The second game was a loss, not because we could not have beaten the pies just as easily, but because rollo was out-organised by the bomberblitz organiser, scotty21. He combined the best of the pies (understrength) with the best of the dons and, in our second game in a row, we couldn’t match the quality and the leg-speed.

As Whispering Jack said, if we had played the pies who got slaughtered by the dons in the third game, we would have beaten them easily.

Still, we are not in the business of sour grapes. Bad organisation is bad footy, and the pies have won the moore/woewodin trophy for the first (and hopefully) the last time. Thank god for tassie dee, nat and their mates who made up the numbers for the pies in the last game (by playing their third game in a row) and reduced the slaughter, so we ended up winning the day on percentage.

Special thanks to rollo2 and tassie dee for bringing extra numbers. We would have been in a world of trouble without them.

Special mention to brothers, dazzledavey36 and leeroy. Dazz drove 6 hours to play, and leeroy played with gastro. Both showed that they are superb players. We were so lucky they could both be available, especially when so many of our match-winning veterans were apologies.

Another special mention to the Russian, appointed captain for the day. With the late withdrawal of our first ruckman, he resigned himself to more time on the backline and played his usual solid game.

Thanks to veterans deanox, ucanchoose, cowboy from hell, and melbournefc. Hope you have some extra miles in those legs for next time. Good to see ucanchoose busily creating our 2025 team.

We were hoping to groom ex-player, pringle, as a significant support and eventual replacement for Whispering Jack, but pringle is heading off to work interstate, so WJ is stuck with the job for the forseeable future. Another great job on Sunday, Jack.

Helpers never get their due.

Many thanks to Biffen (water-man who also kept clint bartram entertained), george on the outer for time-keeping and the great pics, and supermercado as coach’s assistant.

Rollo is past it, out-organised by the bomberblitz organiser. I would love to stay involved in some capacity, but realise that I need to hand over the reins to a younger person. Anybody interested?

Finally, thanks to Clint Bartram for coming. He is professional, approachable and entertaining.

If I have left out anybody in this review, people should post to include them.

Regards to all,

rollo

• Like 3

Straussys mate also mentioned how the boys are running in their time off in Europe and the USA.

They are even running before they go out to Oktoberfest!

And running around Central Park in NY.

What ??

In their "free time" .

After a solid debut last year I reviewed my game this year and I think I was attempting a cale Morton style of game. I ran and pranced around but i couldn't get that oval shaped thing in my mits. Still a good day a massive thanks to biffen who's delivery was top notch and cheers to rollo and jack for their efforts. Gotta thank Clint bartram too a class act and I could see little heart shapes growing in biffen's eyes with every word that Clint spoke.

• Like 1

Great work Rollo. These things require the organised mind of a lawyer to put together and what a great job you did once again this time!

Terrific of Clint Bartram who was sponsored by Demonland/Demonology in his debut season. He spoke nicely to the boys and I'll include some of the things in a separate post.

I didn't realise we had two Cordners - that makes my comments on the Dr. Don Cordner thread doubly pertinent and I'll repeat them here:-

It was only while driving home from yesterday's inter forum footy matches against the Bombers and the Pies that I really thought of the significance of the role of one of our players in the game and I hope he won't mind me bringing it up but it's a great story.

I suppose it's a bit unconventional for a coach to meet almost half of his team for the first time but that's what happens in these inter forum games. When I arrived at the ground to coach the Demon Internet team one of the players I was introduced to was called "Cords" and, playing a hunch, I asked him if that meant he was Cordner. I was right. Cords (I think his name is James) is the grandson of Dr. Don Cordner and therefore great-grandson of Edward meaning he has a history with the colours and the club going back over a century and an association with the MCC/MFC going back further to the time of the very foundation of the AFL/VFL.

He plays for one of the University Blacks teams which also has a long association with the Cordner name and he was one of our best yesterday. I checked later and discovered that his father Chris (who was a handy amateur footballer in his day - some say he could easily have played VFL but concentrated on his studies) is an Associate Professor in Philosophy and lectures on subjects like "goodness".

So I guess that all fits in because the tale of Cords wearing the colours so long associated with his family with distinction is a truly good news story for me.

On the subject of family, I can reveal that our former player Pringle who also doubled up as our team medico has gone on to bigger and better things (if that's possible) and has gotten himself a gig at a northern state NRL team as a sports doctor.

I have to admit that it's nigh on impossible coaching a team when you don't know half the players, some don't have numbers and really, there was no need to give instructions anyway. I think my best move was in the first game when I ignored the mismatch in height between the Bombers tall forward and our defenders. They ran off him most of the time and he didn't do much damage. My worst move was in the first half of the game against the Pies for not picking the fact they had two extra men. I just thought they were good at creating the loose man.

I don't think we've really thanked out opposition yet. These games are always played in great spirits and their contributions made it all a great day.

We also should thank Monster Drinks who sponsored the game that followed ours (two teams of hip hop fans) who donated drinks to our players (those who stayed).

Also Rollo - we forgot to present out award to the best player which we'll need to consider over the next few days.

On Clint Bartram, he said he was happy with his rehab to date and, along with a couple of others including Mitch Clark, things will take a step up in the coming week.

The work on his knee was done to fix up a problem he's had for a few years now and he and his surgeon are happy with the results to date.

Clint hopes to be back in full training in six week's time so while his pre season will be disrupted to an extent, he will have time to catch up and hopefully be ready for the start of the season.

He also mentioned that the decision to have surgery on the knee was taken after round 9 so he missed our win against the Bombers and with all of the things that are happening on the recruiting side, he's keen to get back on the winner's list.

Like quite a few players who I've spoken to during the last 6 months, Clint has enormous faith in what Mark Neeld is doing at the club.

• Like 1