Keith "Bluey" Truscott - Best & Fairest

dees189227

Yes Sellar is an example 15th with 197 votes when a lot on here reckon he can't play; finished not far behind Sylvia and in front of Watts. He plays a role and I was told that as long as he continues to do so, he will get a game.

Hi RobbieF I noticed the players had those wonderful blazers on last night.

Gee they look good!

Probably a good time to wear them no one from the outside world takes much notice I guess.

Col had a fracture in his back, which stuffed up the first half of the year for him.

Thought he fought back well in he second half.

Col played in rd 5 and had 6 tackles,. Not the game of someone who was troubled with a stuffed back. 17 games for the year.

Yes he worked his way into some form but for his talent he is a major disappointment,

I was told last night that Beamer wanted to stay at Melbourne but wasn't offered a contract and wouldn't be unless he changed his body shape.

I wonder what the real story is because this was Neeld a couple days ago:

"We can match any offer that Brent receives. It was just mutually decided that what Brent wants to achieve is going to happen outside our footy club."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/147484/default.aspx

Looks like it is a nuanced situation...

But I still think that the scenario that will play out is he will 'sign' somewhere else and we will let him go and take the compensation.

Yes Sellar is an example 15th with 197 votes when a lot on here reckon he can't play; finished not far behind Sylvia and in front of Watts. He plays a role and I was told that as long as he continues to do so, he will get a game.

I thought Sellar was just starting to find his feet at the end of the season. Give him another pre-season to work on some deficiencies and I am happy for him to stay in the team (especially if Riv leaves - which I hope he doesn't).

Tim Watson said on sen the blazers make them look like schoolboys....I tend to agree

That's odd, when I wore my school blazer people used to remark how mature I looked...

Maybe footballers in school blazers is fashion meeting footy players where they live so to speak...

I think we all need to understand how the voting works 4 coaches rate every player that played from 1-7, so every game a player playes he earns a min of 4 voted and max of 28 votes, so James Sellar played 16 games which he averaged 12 votes per game or 3 from each coach, that means he was below average. Col Sylvia played 17 games averaged 3.4/game per coach so just on Average, and the B&F winner Jones averaged 4.38/game/coach. Interesting way to do this, but when you break it down you it is a true indication on our season when your B&F was rated a 4.38 out of 7. Next year hopefully we can have players pushing towards 5 out of 7.

• Like 9

I was told last night that Beamer wanted to stay at Melbourne but wasn't offered a contract and wouldn't be unless he changed his body shape.

He was told at the start of last preseason to lose 5-6 kg so he could cover the ground better. He wasn't happy with that.

By the sounds of it he didn't change.

I think we all need to understand how the voting works 4 coaches rate every player that played from 1-7, so every game a player playes he earns a min of 4 voted and max of 28 votes, so James Sellar played 16 games which he averaged 12 votes per game or 3 from each coach, that means he was below average. Col Sylvia played 17 games averaged 3.4/game per coach so just on Average, and the B&F winner Jones averaged 4.38/game/coach. Interesting way to do this, but when you break it down you it is a true indication on our season when your B&F was rated a 4.38 out of 7. Next year hopefully we can have players pushing towards 5 out of 7.

You are spot on. Well analysed.

I was wondering why they do it in such arse about way but this the way to do it - it rates players on their game and not against their teammates. If three players had a good game, then one of the 19 doesn't deserve to be the 4th best player and get the corresponding votes.

Good idea.

• Like 1

So what I took from the night was this:

- Riv is Max Gawn. I would be surprised if he stays. He will go somewhere that may have a chance of winning a flag.

- Our captains are really outstanding people.

- McKenzie is the guy you would want in the trenches with you.

- We are going to be extremely active and aggressive at the trade table. Quite a few of the players I spoke to are unsure about their futures at the club and have been told they may be traded.

- The club actually perceives its biggest problem as a lack of key forwards. We are very much in the hunt for one. In fact, we think a lot of our failure this year was in the way the forward line functioned, not the midfield. Interesting ...

- Moloney leaves on good terms with the club, bad terms with the coach.

- Neeld is a very domineering force internally, and has a ver clear view on how things are going to be - although he is a good listener and players know where they stand (quite the opposite under Bailey).

• Like 8

- We are going to be extremely active and aggressive at the trade table. Quite a few of the players I spoke to are unsure about their futures at the club and have been told they may be traded.

Care to name those players? Any interesting names?

I wonder what the real story is because this was Neeld a couple days ago:

http://www.afl.com.a...84/default.aspx

Looks like it is a nuanced situation...

But I still think that the scenario that will play out is he will 'sign' somewhere else and we will let him go and take the compensation.

"We can match any offer that Brent receives. It was just mutually decided that what Brent wants to achieve is going to happen outside our footy club."

What's that, a regular game?

• Like 2

Tim Watson said on sen the blazers make them look like schoolboys....I tend to agree

I don't mind the blazers from a heritage perspective, but what concerns me greatly is when they look and play like schoolboys on match day. This must change significantly in 2013. I think it will!!

• Like 3

If you happen to be 15 and attending Brighton Grammar H_T

I'd like to think you'd embrace the oldest club in the lands values and traditions old dee. After all, it's our brand. Many can't put a finger on that including AD. Some don't like it and that's ok. But it is, what it is.

• Like 2

I don't mind the blazers from a heritage perspective, but what concerns me greatly is when they look and play like schoolboys on match day. This must change significantly in 2013. I think it will!!

But thats the problem....they look AND play like schoolboys. The way they play will take some time to sort out and Im hopeful we're in a process. But we CAN actually control not looking like total gits right now. I genuinely love the new logo but I really hate the blazer. Can we scrap it PLEASE. Love a poll on this...someone at the club has to hear what we think about it.
  • Like 2

But thats the problem....they look AND play like schoolboys. The way they play will take some time to sort out and Im hopeful we're in a process. But we CAN actually control not looking like total gits right now. I genuinely love the new logo but I really hate the blazer. Can we scrap it PLEASE. Love a poll on this...someone at the club has to hear what we think about it.

i think, there is to crap talk about the blazers, the aussie cricket team have always had a blazer and have always been a tough team to play
  • Like 3

I don't agree.

If we were a top 4 side and hard at it, the Blazers would not be an issue for you and others.

Keep the Blazers and earn the respect on the field.

• Like 4