Petterd set to leave ...

whitito

I think Dunn is a must keep. He goes hard, gives 100% is a lovely kick and would be in our best 22 if he was just let to settle in one position. His value as a utility is significant. He is experianced in playing almost every position on the field outside of ruck.... and I think he even played 2nd ruck once last year. I would be shocked if Dunn did not get a new contract.

Sellar probably deserves a 1 - 2 year contract.

Rivers is a must keep, but one hears he is walking out due to the coach.

Struass deserves a new contract after coming back from a terrible injury.

A case can be put forward to keep a couple of others on this list, but please remember we will also lose a number of contracted players who ask to be traded.

It has NOTHING to do with the coach and everything to do with success

But keep pushing your baseless anti-Neeld barrow

So we are in danger of losing Dunn, Rivers, Sellar, and Strauss?

Heavens...

How can I remember something that has never been but the nervous ramblings of a Neeld hater?

We wont lose Dunn, Strauss, Seller and Rivers.

Thats half our defenders, we ll keep 3/4 of them I would say for depth at a minimum.

. Ha ha ha. 2 or 3 free agents ...they will be lucky to get one and if he is 'decent' every other club would be in the hunt......so you really mean a mercenary who will take a Sulleyesque proprtion of this 'war chest' everyone bangs on about. Talented prime age recruits. Oh sure ....will we offer them Bate or Morton with Ricky or Bennell thrown in as the clincher.Or perhaps one of the half dozen or so real players we have, that presumably even the school teacher would like to keep.. Have a look at the number of trades that happen every year and get back to me with how the worst list in town is going to swap for some talented prime age players . BTW Boak has re signed so can everyone at Fantasyland cross him off their lists please. Just as it was really really obvious that Neeld was waiting one season to see who he thought he could work with it is equally obvious that at best he will get one minor restricted free agent and perhaps 2 (max) trades done and they wont be earth shattering deals though,in time, they may be seen as masterstrokes. The interesting trades and pick ups will be at seasons end 2013 and next season should be viewed as similar to Jack Watts 2nd year (hopefully with much more steady improvement) ...................................... Big men/changes take time. I'm off to some park to kick the ball around with blokes who actually know what standard they're at.......the fresh winds of reality. Some of you guys are beating east to west around Cape Horn while pretending you're sailing a schooner on the Trade Winds passage to Tahiti. Schooners are for drinking,what are you on? FWIW Ricky might actually get to be part of a trade,but hardly for an obvious up and coming elite player...So far the guys gone or going are 'rejects' from the worst club in the league.To get a decent trade MFC will have to respond to someone knocking at the door not wandering past the front gate

Got a problem with Neeld being a school teacher at some stage? Seems to be brought up a lot.

OOC players are as follows: Batram, Bennell, Petterd, Strauss, Cook, Jurrah, MacDonald, Jetta, Davis, Spencer, Bail, Sellar, Moloney, Green, Rivers, Bate, and Dunn.

The rest have contracts.

Which important players will we lose?

Of that list I would hope that we'd keep:

Bartram (depending on his injuries)

Strauss (Would be silly to get rid of him just as he started to get over his injuries)

MacDonald (Not a great player but we need his experience, even if it's just for the training track)

Jetta (We don't have another small forward)

Davis (Still developing)

Spencer (Ruck insurance)

Sellar (Plug the holes)

Rivers (Experience)

Dunn (I think the penny has finally dropped with this guy)

I don't think that any will be really good players though, but we can't delist nearly half of our list in one season

• Like 1

I'm sure I'll get howled down for this, but this club is a joke. Ricky has shown on numerous occasions he can play, but Neeld has been unable to get anything out of him this year.

Why? Because playing as a medium sized forward in a team that averages about 30 inside 50s a week is a terribly hard job.

I still don't understand why Ricky wasn't given opportunities on a wing or at half back to get him into the play, same as Watts, Bennell and any number of others.

I will be really disappointed if Ricky goes, given the number of players on our list who have no discernable ability whatsoever.

Poor old Rick was asked to play in a position that suited his skill set and that he was recruited to play in?

He played what I reckon had to be the worst 4 senior games imaginable this year. Playing on the half forward line didn't seem to be a tale of woe last year or the year before and our mids were rubbish then too. If he can't play in the role we need him for, I don't see the point in wasting time and effort stuffing about trying him in other spots.

On which "numerous" occasions did he show he could play? I reckon of his 54 games not more than one in 5 of them would have been "par".

It's embarassing for Petterd that he's been shown the door while we're still debating whether or not to keep Dunn. That speaks volumes about where he's at. As far as I'm concerned, he's just another ordinary NQR that has been sent packing. Definitely no lost sleep here.

• Like 5

Firstly learn to spell and your posts may be slightly more credible then trash.

Secondly those players you listed as your strongest arguments do not help much to help your case. How did Jurrah go backwards under Neeld?

How has Morton gone backwards under Neeld?

Thirdly you need to stop trolling and saying the same thing in every thread, your posts get old fast, especially when you cant even spell players names correctly and have absolutely no knowledge of what goes on inside the club.

We wont loss Dunn, Strauss, Seller and Rivers.

Thats half our defenders, we ll keep 3/4 of them I would say for depth at a minimum

Sorry Oli, you're posting is trash at the moment.

Sorry Oli, you're posting is trash at the moment.

Loss instead of lose is much different to Magnor, Trengrove, Pettard, Jarrah ect

Also its the post itself that is trash not specifically the spelling, that just added to it.

Loss instead of lose is much different to Magnor, Trengrove, Pettard, Jarrah ect

Also its the post itself that is trash not specifically the spelling, that just added to it.

No worries Oli, cheers for cleaning up the double standards that I didn't know about.

Nb. It's not to say I agree with what was written.

Back on topic, I still think a trade of Petterd + our mid Round 1 compo pick for Caddy would be appealing to the GC. The biggest challenge would be to convince him to come to Melbourne. Petterd would look good at GC.

No worries Oli, cheers for cleaning up the double standards that I didn't know about.

Nb. It's not to say I agree with what was written.

Back on topic, I still think a trade of Petterd + our mid Round 1 compo pick for Caddy would be appealing to the GC. The biggest challenge would be to convince him to come to Melbourne. Petterd would look good at GC.

Yes, ok, a post about bagging out Neeld and a post talking about losing defenders is the same thing now....

Carlton supports on bigfooty seem to think Carlton are keen on Petterd.

Firstly Oli, just because you disagree with my opinion does not mean it is trash. You remind me of a ALP or Green supporter simply trying to close down debate on a subject that is of importance and should be discussed. It is not normal for one third of a list to want out. Questions should be asked.

As for Pettard: Of Course Carlton are after him as several other clubs will be. He has the talent, and will be one of those who go on and develop into a good footballer of perhaps premiership player.

Again the problem is Neeld. Pettard is a confidence natural player, Neeld failed badly to get the best out of this player with poor management techniques.

Yes, ok, a post about bagging out Neeld and a post talking about losing defenders is the same thing now....

What are you talking about? The double standards thing is you criticising a poster for spelling mistakes, when your post had spelling mistakes in it too, then you followed it up with another post with mistakes in it. Just trying to help you Oli.

However, I agree that having a shot at someone for getting our surnames incorrect is absolutely warranted.

I'm on the fence with the opinion of Neeld.

I do agree with the delisting of Petterd.

Poor old Rick was asked to play in a position that suited his skill set and that he was recruited to play in?

He played what I reckon had to be the worst 4 senior games imaginable this year. Playing on the half forward line didn't seem to be a tale of woe last year or the year before and our mids were rubbish then too. If he can't play in the role we need him for, I don't see the point in wasting time and effort stuffing about trying him in other spots.

On which "numerous" occasions did he show he could play? I reckon of his 54 games not more than one in 5 of them would have been "par".

It's embarassing for Petterd that he's been shown the door while we're still debating whether or not to keep Dunn. That speaks volumes about where he's at. As far as I'm concerned, he's just another ordinary NQR that has been sent packing. Definitely no lost sleep here.

As you know Nasher I am loathe to bag players - in Petterd's case he has had ample opportunity to perform but failed - I'm with you on this one. IMO it's good to see Neeld take the long handle to our under achieving list, been a long time coming. Petterd like Moloney was ordinary at Casey from reports I read so where is the loss.

At the risk of repeating myself,the scorecard on our recruiting ranges from diabolic at worst to decidedly average at best- not one poster that I know of has given us a pass mark in recruiting. Then when some of our "mistakes" are shown the door some posters are up in arms.Go figure.

Carlton supporters think they're keen on every out of contract / delisted / free agent player

There's talk they want Cook too :wacko:

The only reason why Demonland hasn't gone in to meltdown about making a serious play for Ricky Petterd is the fact that we are the ones that are delisting him! If we weren't, people on here would be giving up pick 3 for him!!!!

• Like 1

........... It is interesting that Nick Maxwell says Neeld was fantastic and that "ALL" the players were very sorry to see him leave. Also that MM credited him with a lot of the Pies success. So for blokes who win a flag and work hard he is great and for some at our club, that has done nothing recently, has a pathetic culture and is a media laughing stock, he is an [censored].

Makes you think, doesn't it?

Firstly Oli, just because you disagree with my opinion does not mean it is trash. You remind me of a ALP or Green supporter simply trying to close down debate on a subject that is of importance and should be discussed. It is not normal for one third of a list to want out. Questions should be asked.

As for Pettard: Of Course Carlton are after him as several other clubs will be. He has the talent, and will be one of those who go on and develop into a good footballer of perhaps premiership player.

Again the problem is Neeld. Pettard is a confidence natural player, Neeld failed badly to get the best out of this player with poor management techniques.

If you care to be accurate, NOBODY got the best out of Ricky (which then begs the question- does he have a best ?)

Firstly name the players of the 1 3rd your talking about or name your source. You need evidence to backup statements like that or end of the day they are trash as anyone can say anything.

Secondly its Petterd

Thirdly the guy played 54 games and only 1, maybe 2 decent games. With that strike rate its no wonder we are at the bottom of the ladder.

Fourthly if it is Neeld and not the players, then which way do you point your finger about 186? Bailey or the players?

The reason these guys struggled is they don't possess the burning desire to be the best. That is what Neeld is looking for in his players. Don't blame the coach for the players lack of accountability blame the individuals. Moloney was never more than a plodder, Petterd's played 3 good games for the club, Morton was a terrible pick and Jurrah's had the year from hell. He's the only one I'm sad to see go. He could've been anything. As for Cook and Gysberts, well who cares?

We have been average for so long it's ridiculous. This is the first time I remember a coach having the balls to [censored] off the deadwood and I f or one will back him for the next 24 months.

• Like 4

Cause that's what we need, confidence players.......

Give me a list of blokes that can bring something in all situations. Not blokes that play on 'thier' terms.

Bye bye Ricky.

• Like 2