Storm's view of Dees Training

Canplay

I had breakfast with the Storm's Cooper Cronk recently and he shared a view on Dee's youngsters work ethic.

He said he looked at them in the gym (that they share at AAMI) and couldn't believe how lazy they are. He said they work through their sets with no intensity or purpose. The younger blokes clown around and none of the older blokes pull them into line. He said the Storms weight session intensity compared to the dees was a million miles apart.

After Green's swipe at some of the younger players, Jimmy's books observations and now this - it's no wonder Neeld wants to turnover half the list.

Something can easily be done about the gym sesssions... Someone 'mentors' them

This isnt rocket science

I had breakfast with the Storm's Cooper Cronk recently and he shared a view on Dee's youngsters work ethic.

He said he looked at them in the gym (that they share at AAMI) and couldn't believe how lazy they are. He said they work through their sets with no intensity or purpose. The younger blokes clown around and none of the older blokes pull them into line. He said the Storms weight session intensity compared to the dees was a million miles apart.

After Green's swipe at some of the younger players, Jimmy's books observations and now this - it's no wonder Neeld wants to turnover half the list.

I don't want to believe this stuff but honestly if you look at the performance on field and their intensity, spreading, running to help a team-mate, commitment to tackling and even running up to a player and patting em on the bum when they have done something good then it is totally believable.

The thing is why anyone at the club wouldn't have the balls to pull em back into line?? Anything is believable if you look at on-field performance and inability to develop players..

Say what you like about the sport, but one look at a Rugby League player will tell you they sure know how to work a gym.
  • Like 1

This is another reason why we need some more aggressive minded older heads to pull them into line.

Our senior players of the past 10 Yrs are too passive for AFL footy, & 'just wanna have fun'!

Doesn't bloody surprise me. you only have to look at some of the video's on dee tv they way the carry on and spend most of there time playing table tennis. seriously we need to get some [censored] into this club and get rid of the cancer and people that are [censored] farting around too much!

• Like 2

So the players enjoy themselves when doing some of their training. Big deal. If these were core sessions, they would have been supervised and the suitable intensity and attitude would have been inforced. These sessions could have been extra sessions on these guys day off. Cronk wouldn't know and we would have even less of an idea.

I know we suck, but I can gaurantee it's not because our coaching staff and players are so unprofessional they treat core training sessions with such poor attitudes.

So quick to believe the worst about our team....

• Like 3

League players are built like tanks. There is a greater emphasis on weights training because of this. I wonder if Cronk considered this when he made those remarks?

I am not trying to excuse the young players' (alleged) laziness. Actually I don't know what to think of it.

Look, I'm a little bit ambivalent about these reports of players behaviour, training rumours, etc in terms of accuracy. Many of them are heresay or Chinese whispers. Take em with a very large pich of salt.

They may very well have some sort of accuracy to them, but at the end of a disappointing season, it is important not to get carried away on 3rd hand info or Stalkerbook gossip and denigrate players. It's too easy and convenient to add 2 + 2 and get 10.

We have a very good, very committed, very serious coaching/support team with state of he art facilities. I don't think they would now let the players get away with f&rting out of line, let alone skylarking in the gym, cancelling training, etc (I am aware of the latter claim relating to Bailey not Neeld)

Yes, I know this is a supporter forum and half truths and rumour are commonplace. But let's not eat our own like so many other clubs do, eg Carlton at the moment.

• Like 1

Doesn't bloody surprise me. you only have to look at some of the video's on dee tv they way the carry on and spend most of there time playing table tennis. seriously we need to get some [censored] into this club and get rid of the cancer and people that are [censored] farting around too much!

I know. I quite enjoy the Dee TV stuff, but I find myself wondering if Hawthorn or Collingwood players also find the time to arse about as much as ours seem to... Edited by 3183 Dee

League players are built like tanks. There is a greater emphasis on weights training because of this. I wonder if Cronk considered this when he made those remarks?

I am not trying to excuse the young players' (alleged) laziness. Actually I don't know what to think of it.

That only goes to the amount of weight training youd do in AFL compared to League, not how you went about it

Lol at everyone immediately believing someone with 29 posts....

stuie wtf..?? wonder what everyone felt about you when you had 28 posts no need for the personal attack!

i actually believe him because you only have to look at our performance on the field and brad green coming saying some young players dont put in the hard yards. even jmmy stynes knew our players were too lazy.

• Like 2

stuie wtf..?? wonder what everyone felt about you when you had 28 posts no need for the personal attack!

i actually believe him because you only have to look at our performance on the field and brad green coming saying some young players dont put in the hard yards. even jmmy stynes knew our players were too lazy.

I'm not saying it's not true, just think the hysteria that follows a post from someone who has barely posted before is a bit silly.

Way too much gossip and unsubstantiated rumor on this site in the last 24 hours.

Reality bus.... all aboard

Think Israel Filou.

• Like 1

You guys do realize this topic was started by someone who has been a consistent bagger of Mission, despite the fact he's only been with us 1 preseason.

Amongst his other posts are ones blaming Neeld for all our woes this year, calling Sellar a total spud who can't mark anything and should be delisted, and post after post trying to start up a lynch mob for Schwabb.

Where's Range Rover and his agenda accusations when you need him?!...... (Probably busy starting a poll)

• Like 1

so your saying anyone that starts on here we shouldn't really look into any thing they say because they are newbies and just nobodys for the time being!? unbelievible...

reality is our players do need a reality check come the off season! as i said get rid of the ones that think AFL is fairyland!

Reality ,Reality,Reality.....

Yeah what ever......

so your saying anyone that starts on here we shouldn't really look into any thing they say because they are newbies and just nobodys for the time being!? unbelievible...

reality is our players do need a reality check come the off season! as i said get rid of the ones that think AFL is fairyland!

I'm saying, don't believe everything you read like a naive schoolboy.

See my above post and decide for yourself how much you want to invest in the OP.

Hey, he might be right, but I just think you're all a bit too quick to jump on it without any kind of verification.

So the players enjoy themselves when doing some of their training. Big deal. If these were core sessions, they would have been supervised and the suitable intensity and attitude would have been inforced. These sessions could have been extra sessions on these guys day off. Cronk wouldn't know and we would have even less of an idea.

I know we suck, but I can gaurantee it's not because our coaching staff and players are so unprofessional they treat core training sessions with such poor attitudes.

So quick to believe the worst about our team....

If they were the dedicated professionals we want them to be though they would treat everytime they are in the weights room or on the track with 100% professionalism. The best players and teams have that hunger to be the best and it comes through in everything they do, whether it is a "core" or "non-core" session. You would think the competition to be the best amongst each other and within the AFL would be the motivating factor to giver their all. That doesn't mean they can't have a joke or muck around but you can't excuse players not pushing themselves and putting in when they're throwing some tin around.

People talk about the culture of our club and this (and Green's/Stynes' supposed comments) is a perfect example - we are an amateur club still struggling to come to grips with the professional competition 50 years after it by-passed us. That is what was meant by Neeld when he told Malthouse we were/are a club that is about anything other than football. The biggest achievement is getting drafted and getting a game. Winning is nice when it happens but don't beat yourselves too much over it (see Jack Watts quote on what losing means to him a couple of years back).

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 1

If they were the dedicated professionals we want them to be though they would treat everytime they are in the weights room or on the track with 100% professionals. The best players and teams have that hunger to be the best and it comes through in everything they do, whether it is a "core" or "non-core" session. You would think the competition to be the best amongst each other and within the AFL would be the motivating factor to giver their all. That doesn't mean they can't have a joke or muck around but you can't excuse players not pushing themselves and putting in when they're throwing some tin around.

People talk about the culture of our club and this (and Green's/Stynes' supposed comments) is a perfect example - we are an amateur club still struggling to come to grips with the professional competition 50 years after it by-passed us. That is what was meant by Neeld when he told Malthouse we were/are a club that is about anything other than football.

spot on hit the nail on the head