Tick tock tick tock... Neeld has 16 matches to improve

bandicoot

He also hand picked Magner and Couch which doesn't instill much confidence for future picks.

Magner and Couch were extremely low-cost rookie picks designed to at least instil a little bit of hardness into the AFL's crappiest midfield. You can't make a major judgement about Neeld on two end-of-rookie-draft picks that were nothing more than hopeful and speculative.

• Like 2

Magner and Couch were extremely low-cost rookie picks designed to at least instil a little bit of hardness into the AFL's crappiest midfield. You can't make a major judgement about Neeld on two end-of-rookie-draft picks that were nothing more than hopeful and speculative.

Bluey can ... and he will! :wacko:

You haven't been on this site long enough to understand the layered nuance of my "I believe" signature. You're reading something into that's not there.

I agree though Neeld is safe as houses.

sounds a little like a core and non core type scenario statement RR. Agreed don't quite get the quirky layered message which seems to be a RR trait.

ironically if you ditch the slogan it would support Neeld more. way too early to display this type of message. sign of desperation It's the type of message to display mid way through 2015 and we are 10/10 losses.

OK then! Go Demons!! I've used this forum for what's its basic intention is....to vent!!

Bluey can ... and he will! :wacko:

Here's one for Maurie??

Crappiest Midfield.

Was it last year or the year before all the speculation before the Demons V Tigers Clash. Battle of the best young Midfields. Trengove, Moloney, Sylvia and Scully v Martin, Cotchin, Deledio.....turned out to be a great battle. Watts also had a great day and Melbourne were the NBT,

What happened after that? Now all of a sudden these guys can't play. Is it they can't play or simply not motivated?

I recall Brad Scott stating in the build up to the North v Demons clash in round 6 in 2010 that he didn't quite understand the hype around our list - and that he believed North's young players were much better. The Roos won that game 15.14.106 to 12.6.78. They won the round 22 clash in 2010 as well.

I remember thinking at the time, 'you know what, I agree'. In my observation, North seemed to choose the obvious, hard at it, yet talented mids with their picks - yet we tended to select slightly more left field picks, albeit with higher draft selections. North also seemed also to prefer a different 'type' of player to us. Less choir boy, but still quick and talented.

History's proved Scott to be correct IMO.

I can't find the article prior to the game in which Brad Scott said this, but here's an extract taken from the press conference following their win.

“I think the hype around Melbourne’s younger players has been a little bit higher with early draft picks - people expect their young players are better than ours but I thought our young guys stood up,” he said.

“To have 10 players who have played less than 25 games in the team today which is significantly more than what Melbourne had was a pretty pleasing result for us.”

http://www.kangaroos.com.au/2010%20results/tabid/17523/default.aspx

In short, our recruitment's not been as good as it should have been. And I reckon Neeld knows this - I expect he'd be more in the Brad Scott camp on this, and our approach to recruiting will now reflect this.

• Like 1

I recall Brad Scott stating in the build up to the North v Demons clash in round 6 in 2010 that he didn't quite understand the hype around our list - and that he believed North's young players were much better. The Roos won that game 15.14.106 to 12.6.78. They won the round 22 clash in 2010 as well.

I remember thinking at the time, 'you know what, I agree'. In my observation, North seemed to choose the obvious, hard at it, yet talented mids with their picks - yet we tended to select slightly more left field picks, albeit with higher draft selections. North also seemed also to prefer a different 'type' of player to us. Less choir boy, but still quick and talented.

History's proved Scott to be correct IMO.

I can't find the article prior to the game in which Brad Scott said this, but here's an extract taken from the press conference following their win.

“I think the hype around Melbourne’s younger players has been a little bit higher with early draft picks - people expect their young players are better than ours but I thought our young guys stood up,” he said.

“To have 10 players who have played less than 25 games in the team today which is significantly more than what Melbourne had was a pretty pleasing result for us.”

http://www.kangaroos...23/default.aspx

In short, our recruitment's not been as good as it should have been. And I reckon Neeld knows this - I expect he'd be more in the Brad Scott camp on this, and our approach to recruiting will now reflect this.

Good one Ron!

Good Post and point taken Ron. I still don't think our list is all the problem. IMO players deserve another year and time to adjust to the MN(cfc) game plan style. By all means some have to go but not the youth..ie...Trengove, Morton, Bail types..

Good one Ron!

Good Post and point taken Ron. I still don't think our list is all the problem. IMO players deserve another year and time to adjust to the MN(cfc) game plan style. By all means some have to go but not the youth..ie...Trengove, Morton, Bail types..

Morton is in his fifth year.

5th.

the youth are the element that Bailey and Daniher before him needed to raise the standard. They are exactly the place to look - if they don't come on then we are effed.

No, go look behind the teacosy - I'm sure all the reasons are there. Or we blame a bloke 9 months in for a decade a failing to draft a midfield...

What IF, MN, turned around and QUIT, citing no confidence in the list and the culture of the club, it WOULDN'T b a shock to my system but i'd b spewing if we sack him b4 he has a good go at the job, his 3 yr contract. If he Quit who WOULD really want the job?

Exactly right, the property market is collapsing, but you probably don't see that either.

The property market never really collapses...it just requires investors to wait it out; something you are patently not capable of doing.

• Like 1

But I can't afford property owing to my employment problems brought about by my inherited wealth. LOL!

More likely the costs of the unreliability and the continual service requirements of your RR, RR!

• Like 1

The property market never really collapses...it just requires investors to wait it out; something you are patently not capable of doing.

I'm waiting it out. Still turn up most weeks and have done since about 1970. It's gonna come I know it! Hei...anyone think Rodney Eade would be let out of his contract to coach us next year?

What IF, MN, turned around and QUIT, citing no confidence in the list and the culture of the club, it WOULDN'T b a shock to my system but i'd b spewing if we sack him b4 he has a good go at the job, his 3 yr contract. If he Quit who WOULD really want the job?

There's not a person on the Board with the balls to sack him especially since he was hand picked by Lyon/Healy/Connolly

There's not a person on the Board with the balls to sack him especially since he was hand picked by Lyon/Healy/Connolly

...........and Schwab. We are stuck with him now until the flood waters recede or rise.

Ahh, yes the Axis of Demon Evil ©...

Wait...Healy and Connolly?

The meme is Lyon/Schwab/McLardy...

Get your crazy right before you spew it on here please.

As an aside - can you be 'handpicked' by an Axis? And one that is evergrowing?

That's ten hands picking a coach.

Surely there is a smaller maximum number of hands allowed in a 'handpicked' conspiracy?

Anyway, I am sure this news to CC and Healy - one was demoted sideways and down and the other wasn't involved with the club at the time...

Here's one for Maurie??

Crappiest Midfield.

Was it last year or the year before all the speculation before the Demons V Tigers Clash. Battle of the best young Midfields. Trengove, Moloney, Sylvia and Scully v Martin, Cotchin, Deledio.....turned out to be a great battle. Watts also had a great day and Melbourne were the NBT,

What happened after that? Now all of a sudden these guys can't play. Is it they can't play or simply not motivated?

Hardwick has been able to get the best out of tuck, grigg and foley.

We have plenty of tucks and Griggs.

Let's see if neeld can get the best of our mid level players.

• 9 months later...