• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Colin Sylvia

robbo24

Welcome back Colin. You are once again proving to be our best player and any talk by people on this site suggesting you being traded is being shown to be a complete joke.

Say what you want about Col, be disappointed that he isn't Dane Swan or Robert Harvey, but embrace the face he is Col Sylvia. Col is an elite kick, mark and has elite strength. Sure he's not going to get 35+ touches a week, but who in this side ever will?

After breaking his back in the pre season, Col eased into the season and is now again showing how much better he is than anyone else on our list.

• Like 2

Welcome back Colin. You are once again proving to be our best player and any talk by people on this site suggesting you being traded is being shown to be a complete joke.

Say what you want about Col, be disappointed that he isn't Dane Swan or Robert Harvey, but embrace the face he is Col Sylvia. Col is an elite kick, mark and has elite strength. Sure he's not going to get 35+ touches a week, but who in this side ever will?

After breaking his back in the pre season, Col eased into the season and is now again showing how much better he is than anyone else on our list.

Geez Robbo-what about all those people who really wanted to sack him because of his "attitude" and becuase he has been injured .

Yes Robbo it is good to see him playing a better game on Saturday.

But this is classic Sylvia a couple of good games and 6 shockers.

I will be impressed when he is in the top 5 for the next 8 weeks.

Until then it is just classic Col

Edited by old dee
  • Like 4

He has been in our best couple the last 3 weeks. It's funny when you mention Col's 'shockers'. When Col has 'shockers' he is still a productive player and doesn't venture into the bottom 10 players in the side. A true sign that he is indeed an ultra valuable player

• Like 1

He has been in our best couple the last 3 weeks. It's funny when you mention Col's 'shockers'. When Col has 'shockers' he is still a productive player and doesn't venture into the bottom 10 players in the side. A true sign that he is indeed an ultra valuable player

Robbo24 If Sylvia's shockers keep him out of the bottom ten then it just proves how poor the bottom ten are at the Dees.

But I will change my comment to 1 good games and 6 ordinary ones.

Probably fits better, when Col has 6 good games and 1 ordinary one I will be impressed

I will remind you all [yet again] that he has not finished inside the top 5 in our b&f in 8 seasons. That's what the club (ie: people in the know) think of him.

Take off your rose coloured glasses and realise that Col is the most frustrating player on our list bar none because he has super talent but cannot produce consistently.

• Like 2

I will remind you all [yet again] that he has not finished inside the top 5 in our b&f in 8 seasons. That's what the club (ie: people in the know) think of him.

Take off your rose coloured glasses and realise that Col is the most frustrating player on our list bar none because he has super talent but cannot produce consistently.

This is what Neeld said at his presser, this will do me, rose coloured glasses or not.

He has now played four weeks in a row in the midfield, [his] disposal count [is] up, [his] defensive pressure [is] good so we are starting to see the things that Colin can deliver when he has consistent footy," Neeld said. "He just needs a fair run at it."

I am sure Col and the rest of us would just love one preseason or early part of the season injury free

me too.

Colin blow hot/blow cold Sylvia !!! Im still not convinced by his part time efforts . Like old he really needs to deliver consistency from now on otherwise trade him.

Im not questioning his ability its all down to which Col turns up and for how many qtrs . I want him to, just dont trust him to. I often wonder what trust he evokes in his team mates as well.

Edited by belzebub59
  • Like 1

He is one of the most frustrating,, but not by a long mile is he the softest or the the poorest.

IMO we need to shakeout the list at the end of the season, to rid us of the "Soft" outside element, which eats away any semblance of honesty, when we try to grow our Culture.

Morton should be gone first, before Col, & I would clear out (3),,, or (4) of our oldest 5 players.

(1), or (2), of our 25Yr olds to go,,, & 2 to 3 of our softest (23)Yr olds & unders.

Broken Jaw last year at the end of a pretty good Pre-season.

Broken back (2 vertibrae) at the end of this Pre-season. I had a similar injury to this one Easter(surfing not Footy) and I was lucky to do my laces up that winter. he still isnt over it.

He hasnt helped his cause either Its got to be said, but dont forget he was good enough to be in the international squad last year before he created his own FU.

Keep him, for mine.Im backing him to finish the year off strong.

• Like 1

Agree that he is being judged extremely unfairly by some this year. It seems there is no understanding of the seriousness of his injury, and the impact that has on fitness, physical ability and confidence.

Colin is starting to become a super player and I will back him all the way. Massive fan here.

• Like 4

I challenge anyone to be able to play well consistently when they've largely been stationed on a HFF (in our team) for the last 6 years .

Neeld has started to realise that the only way we might be able get the best out of Col is to play him in the middle .

Instead of bagging out on players , maybe we should be looking to try and get the best out of players . Constructive criticism or a non-insulting critique is ok and it's always best to offer a realistic solution other than just sounding off .

It's important to remember that at the end of 2011 the Club (with Neeld's blessing I'm betting) re-signed Sylvia for 2 years . Perhaps those who question Col's validity might like to realise that they are (indirectly) questioning the coach's judgement .

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

He is one of the most frustrating,, but not by a long mile is he the softest or the the poorest.

IMO we need to shakeout the list at the end of the season, to rid us of the "Soft" outside element, which eats away any semblance of honesty, when we try to grow our Culture.

Morton should be gone first, before Col, & I would clear out (3),,, or (4) of our oldest 5 players.

(1), or (2), of our 25Yr olds to go,,, & 2 to 3 of our softest (23)Yr olds & unders.

I'm not saying he is soft. I am not saying that he should be traded.

I am saying that we have been teased too many times by Col to put any faith in him that he will be the player to drag us back up the ladder.

Some he think he will turn out to be the messiah, I say he's just a naughty boy who can play great football every now and again.

• Like 2

I challenge anyone to be able to play well consistently when they've largely been stationed on a HFF (in our team) for the last 6 years .

Neeld has started to realise that the only way we might be able get the best out of Col is to play him in the middle .

Instead of bagging out on players , maybe we should be looking to try and get the best out of players . Constructive criticism or a non-insulting critique is ok and it's always best to offer a realistic solution other than just sounding off .

It's important to remember that at the end of 2011 the Club (with Neeld's blessing I'm betting) re-signed Sylvia for 2 years . Perhaps those who question Col's validity might like to realise that they are (indirectly) questioning the coach's judgement .

If we're going to be keeping & playing some senior players thru the middle more regularly, (Col, Davey? Beamer? Jones) I would then like us to use the Early picks for Kids - Toumpas, + Stringer or Wines or Mayes with Picks 3 & 4,,, & look @, with our Mid1st Rnd Pick, at either Kennedy/Colcohoun/Vlastuin, or Alternatively look to a Caddy trade, (Mid1st Rnd Pick + Morton) for (Caddy + GCS 2nd Rnd Pick)

I'm not saying he is soft. I am not saying that he should be traded.

I am saying that we have been teased too many times by Col to put any faith in him that he will be the player to drag us back up the ladder.

Some he think he will turn out to be the messiah, I say he's just a naughty boy who can play great football every now and again.

So, what we can see is he isn't a leader, but can play so with strong leadership he will follow into battle.

So the answer is to provide the strong leadership, from all levels of our club.

I would rather have Col playing for us in finals than some other pea hearts we have on our list

Look thru, I'm sure you'll find at least 10 steamed Peas before Col.

If we're going to be keeping & playing some senior players thru the middle more regularly, (Col, Davey? Beamer? Jones) I would then like us to use the Early picks for Kids - Toumpas, + Stringer or Wines or Mayes with Picks 3 & 4,,, & look @, with our Mid1st Rnd Pick, at either Kennedy/Colcohoun/Vlastuin, or Alternatively look to a Caddy trade, (Mid1st Rnd Pick + Morton) for (Caddy + GCS 2nd Rnd Pick)

Yeah , good idea with all those 18yo's 'dl' but what about right now ?

I agree with you that we need to bring some real talent to our midfield (and don't forget those free agents) but we need to find a way to win games - now . Some might have given up on the season but I will guarantee you that the Match committee haven't .

With a lot of 18yo's , you usually won't see their 'Best' until they reach 20 - 23 yo's . That's if they're any good . People looking at the National Draft as our salvation need to realise that it's probably not going to be an 'Instant' solution .

Yeah , good idea with all those 18yo's 'dl' but what about right now ?

I agree with you that we need to bring some real talent to our midfield (and don't forget those free agents) but we need to find a way to win games - now . Some might have given up on the season but I will guarantee you that the Match committee haven't .

With a lot of 18yo's , you usually won't see their 'Best' until they reach 20 - 23 yo's . That's if they're any good . People looking at the National Draft as our salvation need to realise that it's probably not going to be an 'Instant' solution .

Certainly has not been up till now.

what we need is a mix of experience and Young guys.

We did not get that from 2008 - 2011, almost all kids and we are seeing the benefit no good senior players.

The match commitee may no have given up but I would bet London to a brick that most weeks they Know we have little chance of winning with this lot.

Edited by old dee

This is what Neeld said at his presser, this will do me, rose coloured glasses or not.

He has now played four weeks in a row in the midfield, [his] disposal count [is] up, [his] defensive pressure [is] good so we are starting to see the things that Colin can deliver when he has consistent footy," Neeld said. "He just needs a fair run at it."

I am sure Col and the rest of us would just love one preseason or early part of the season injury free

has been the story of his career, if he gets a full preseason he playes the year great, if not, it takes him a while to get into it.

just one of those unlucky players, but hopefully he will finish this year off well,

Certainly has not been up till now.

what we need is a mix of experience and Young guys.

We did not get that from 2008 - 2011, almost all kids and we are seeing the benefit no good senior players.

You'd reckon that sooner or later we'll get lucky in the National Draft . I still see it as a bit of a glorified 'Lucky dip' . We know the 'A' grader's are in there but how can you tell for sure when they're only 18 years old ? The good news is that we'll possibly have picks 3 , 4 and Viney . Surely at least one of those becomes an 'A grader , surely !

I don't like talking about the National Draft at this time of the year but facts are facts and reality is starting to set in .

I would like to see the club aggressively pursue Boak and try to snare 2 midfielders out of the 'Free agents' (Sewell? Foley?) But .....we need to win some games otherwise we're not a very attractive proposition . Though money does talk !

Edited by Macca

He did it against Richmond. Again. The champgane remains unpopped for now.

He did well in a side that was comprehensively beaten. Not many players step up in losing sides. Look at our 'superstars', Moloney, Jamar, Trengove, Grimes... They haven't stepped up in losses. This guy has, and will continue to

He did well in a side that was comprehensively beaten. Not many players step up in losing sides. Look at our 'superstars', Moloney, Jamar, Trengove, Grimes... They haven't stepped up in losses. This guy has, and will continue to

He was very good on the weekend no doubt. All I want to see from a player of Col's ability is consistency. He's dropped off too many times before to get sucked in again. Maybe a switch to regular playing time in the midfield will work to his and the team's benefit. Time will tell.

To be honest I've hopped off the Col Sylvia roller coaster. When he's on I know his next disappointing performance is around the corner and he's off I know he'll blow the roof off with a magic performance again soon. Riding those emotions every time was making me nauseous.

• Like 1