Depressing stuff

The only thing that has not moved is your wretched perception of everything MFC.

FCS, you'd complain in Utopia. :)

Mcqueen obviously you think the MFC is a glowing beacon of achievement.

Let me remind you we have 1 win and 10 losses

The only two teams below us have played a collective of 44 games in the competition

The four above us have won 4 times as many games as us

Our average losing margin is almost 10 goals and was 7 goals last week.

We will not have a player in the all australian squad this year or the first 30 players for that matter.

Now you tell me what is there to be happy about with our playing stocks at present.

Not a lot.

when it comes to our on field ability we are pityfull we have gone nowhere in five years.

Now people are responsibility for that.

But the only people who seem to have got it in the neck are a few coaching staff who must have had there actions blessed from higher up.

Why should I or wyl be bubbling over with excitment

Mcqueen obviously you think the MFC is a glowing beacon of achievement.

Let me remind you we have 1 win and 10 losses

The only two teams below us have played a collective of 44 games in the competition

The four above us have won 4 times as many games as us

Our average losing margin is almost 10 goals and was 7 goals last week.

We will not have a player in the all australian squad this year or the first 30 players for that matter.

Now you tell me what is there to be happy about with our playing stocks at present.

Not a lot.

when it comes to our on field ability we are pityfull we have gone nowhere in five years.

Now people are responsibility for that.

But the only people who seem to have got it in the neck are a few coaching staff who must have had there actions blessed from higher up.

Why should I or wyl be bubbling over with excitment

Here's a thought...try not bitching in every thread you touch. Anyone who has read this site gets your opinion. It has not developed since you began. You do nothing other than state the same repetitive...product...in post after post.

Just PM WYL. No-one else needs to see this.

• Like 2

.....if you want to be miserable sit in a corner facing the wall, chain smoke and throw buckets of cold water over your self

Don't know about this??...............the cold water sounds a tad invigorating!

Here's a thought...try not bitching in every thread you touch. Anyone who has read this site gets your opinion. It has not developed since you began. You do nothing other than state the same repetitive...product...in post after post.

What is it you don't understand about our position timD?

Facts stand The guy would compliment Motch Clark beautifully.

And the recruiting staff of the day have moved on.

The picked $cully & did not draft Darling.

Epic Fail.

I can't believe you're still bitching about the Scully thing when you haven't even seen what we've gotten as compensation for him. Scully vs 2 top 20 picks is brilliant value for us, and Lucas Cook by all reports is coming along great. Saying you wish we hadn't got Scully and that we had got Darling IS criticism of the players we've got instead of them. Like it or not, you ARE dissing Cook whenever you say we should have gotten Darling. LAY OFF!!

I can't believe you're still bitching about the Scully thing when you haven't even seen what we've gotten as compensation for him. Scully vs 2 top 20 picks is brilliant value for us, and Lucas Cook by all reports is coming along great. Saying you wish we hadn't got Scully and that we had got Darling IS criticism of the players we've got instead of them. Like it or not, you ARE dissing Cook whenever you say we should have gotten Darling. LAY OFF!!

Not dissing Cook at all i want him to succeed.

But i wonder whether the club should have used pick 12 for him. Its a very big call considering where we have come from and his development. If you see it different fine.

Not dissing Cook at all i want him to succeed.

But i wonder whether the club should have used pick 12 for him. Its a very big call considering where we have come from and his development. If you see it different fine.

Saying "We should have got Darling" is the same thing as saying "We shouldn't have got Cook."
  • Like 1

Saying "We should have got Darling" is the same thing as saying "We shouldn't have got Cook."

Chook we already have a bank of project players. Pick 12 is high stakes ok. Onfield we have not moved. I am concerned after 5 years. I want Cook to be great. But he is not ready. We need players now to keep the kids involved. That is my concern.

I love this club. I am sick of being kicked.

Play Cook against GW$. Lets see what he can do against young uns.

Funny,reminds me of a recent holiday :) lol

Edited by belzebub59

Nothing to add.

So was I.

More depressing ... I'm pretty sure Nic Natanui is going to become the best player in the competition.

His four quarter effort tonight was something to behold. He can do it all.

This is not to pot Watts, who will be a good player. But we at Melbourne have been complaining for years that we have no 'stars'.

Well ... NicNat's about as twinklin' as a star get get. Breathtaking stuff.

Performance last night just a 'flash in the pan'. He is not a star. Have a look at his stats before last night and in the games to follow.

But it hasn't moved yet Steve, that is the point....all the indicators are there, as they have been before..

But we are still down in the cellar in 2012, and until i see results i will believe nothing.

I want to see it move...not just the plans.

But it hasn't moved yet Steve, that is the point....all the indicators are there, as they have been before..

But we are still down in the cellar in 2012, and until i see results i will believe nothing.

I want to see it move...not just the plans.

WYL that is BS the club realising we were behind the bigger clubs and deciding to throw money into getting the extra coaching staff and fitness people on board is a move forward, you have set your expectations to high for 2012 if you thought the magic switch would be flicked

There is hope for this club WYL but you really have no hope with this continued slash my wrists talk you come out with

I was talking body language a lot earlier than today about Tom $cully HT, suprised you didn't read them.

Rhino was all over me, and you always followed him 5 minutes later...so do a bit of research.....watch the March 5 Presser for absolute proof if you wish.

I have only ever said....'you just like to argue H_T' line once before so easy Bloke...It's Friday! You do enjoy a stoush though....

btw Jordie has his opinion on our drafting...as do i...it is a discussion board.

FFS I've heard it all now, WYL you are absolutley clutching at straws, that presser was 16 months after he was drafted. In season 2010 he ran himself into the ground for us in all games he played.

The Giants found a loophole in the uncontracted players clause and exploited it no one could have foreseen that in 2009

• Like 1

i'm still waiting for the taxi to the airport - none in sight

The reality bus has arrived . It takes the long way round and sometimes feels like you are going backwards .It promises not to take you in circles .
  • Like 1

Chook we already have a bank of project players. Pick 12 is high stakes ok. Onfield we have not moved. I am concerned after 5 years. I want Cook to be great. But he is not ready. We need players now to keep the kids involved. That is my concern.

I love this club. I am sick of being kicked.

Play Cook against GW$. Lets see what he can do against young uns.

A 'project player' is a harsh assessment of Cook. I think people forget the injuries he has had so far which have impacted both his ability to gain match experience against men and time spent strengthening & adding mass to his body. As spoken about previously he was a cracking junior proven by his All-Aus CHF status.

I'd classify a project player as an athlete trying to learn the game. Mike Pyke, Karmichael & big Izzy are examples as was our late great Jimmy Stynes all having to learn the game.

He is not a 'project player' but a player and will be a good for us also. In two years time when he is clunking massive grabs and kicking bags next to big Mitch we will look back at this and laugh.

A 'project player' is a harsh assessment of Cook. I think people forget the injuries he has had so far which have impacted both his ability to gain match experience against men and time spent strengthening & adding mass to his body. As spoken about previously he was a cracking junior proven by his All-Aus CHF status.

I'd classify a project player as an athlete trying to learn the game. Mike Pyke, Karmichael & big Izzy are examples as was our late great Jimmy Stynes all having to learn the game.

He is not a 'project player' but a player and will be a good for us also. In two years time when he is clunking massive grabs and kicking bags next to big Mitch we will look back at this and laugh.

In another two years time a skinny talented junior who has already been around for two years will hopefully be clunking marks next to Clark.

Yeah ... nah ... I call that a project player.

WYL that is BS the club realising we were behind the bigger clubs and deciding to throw money into getting the extra coaching staff and fitness people on board is a move forward, you have set your expectations to high for 2012 if you thought the magic switch would be flicked

There is hope for this club WYL but you really have no hope with this continued slash my wrists talk you come out with

The club has moved mountains off field. I am very proud of that. We all helped.

But on field we have not moved as top sides do for many years.

Yes steps have been put in place. But i want to see it happen before i fully believe.

Any BS is more about how the club has been treated & in some ways how it has treated itself over the last 50 odd years.

I am well aware of what Stynesy started.

Lucas Cook as recruited as a project player. In 2010 he was far from ready to play for the MFC. that is not his fault. And again i say i am not bagging him at all. I am questioning the club as to whether using pick 12 in that draft was the right one for Cook?

Play him this week...

FFS I've heard it all now, WYL you are absolutley clutching at straws, that presser was 16 months after he was drafted. In season 2010 he ran himself into the ground for us in all games he played.

The Giants found a loophole in the uncontracted players clause and exploited it no one could have foreseen that in 2009

Rubbish. By the end of 2009 the GW$ were already at work quietly. T$ signed sometime during 2010. You don't believe that press conference do you? Watch it closely. All the signs are there. Lying down the barrel of a camera. Maybe it helped us get 2 compo picks, as it was so blatant.
  • Like 1