Demonland

From the outside looking in, it would appear that Neeld has treated alot of players with little respect. Now they are returning the favour. The club is in crisis mode.

But several of those players don't deserve respect.

Soft limp show pony woozzes!!

OK, that’s it! Enough is enough! To all those posters blaming the players, forget it, you’re massively wrong!

The Coach and Assistant Coaches, the Football Department, the group that selected Neeld, and ultimately the Board, are responsible for the appalling situation MFC now finds itself in.

No more excuses, it’s time for all of the above to resign their positions without compensation (if any is due), and for applications to be called for all positions – previous applicants and incumbents need not apply!

Think I’m over the top? Somehow, this playing group, which by any standard was quite reasonable and had potential, has been turned into a joke. An amateur coach, acting alone, allowing the players to play a natural game, would do better than the current so-called professionals. The Neeld PR machine did its job and look what we got! Am I anti-Neeld? Not personally, I’m simply looking at where MFC is at – and let’s not hear any more rubbish about taking time to learn a new plan, etc etc. If there is a plan, it has already clearly failed.

Previously, I have called for an Extraordinary General Meeting – I repeat that call – we are MFC and we need that meeting asap!

PS: The post match discussion seems very slow – is everyone that shell-shocked - has everyone given up – is there nothing more to say - does anyone really care enough to actually do something to save MFC!

• Like 2

OK, that’s it! Enough is enough! To all those posters blaming the players, forget it, you’re massively wrong!

The Coach and Assistant Coaches, the Football Department, the group that selected Neeld, and ultimately the Board, are responsible for the appalling situation MFC now finds itself in.

No more excuses, it’s time for all of the above to resign their positions without compensation (if any is due), and for applications to be called for all positions – previous applicants and incumbents need not apply!

Think I’m over the top? Somehow, this playing group, which by any standard was quite reasonable and had potential, has been turned into a joke. An amateur coach, acting alone, allowing the players to play a natural game, would do better than the current so-called professionals. The Neeld PR machine did its job and look what we got! Am I anti-Neeld? Not personally, I’m simply looking at where MFC is at – and let’s not hear any more rubbish about taking time to learn a new plan, etc etc. If there is a plan, it has already clearly failed.

Previously, I have called for an Extraordinary General Meeting – I repeat that call – we are MFC and we need that meeting asap!

PS: The post match discussion seems very slow – is everyone that shell-shocked - has everyone given up – is there nothing more to say - does anyone really care enough to actually do something to save MFC!

Wow.

• Like 1

The top 7 players Dream Team points:

Jack Watts 121

Colin Garland 105

Nathan Jones 96

Jack Grimes 95

Sam Blease 86

Mitch Clark and Jared Rivers 80

Whilst its only Dream Team I think it says something.

The bottom 6 were:

Jamie Bennell (sub) 26

Aaron Davey 33

Cale Morton 34

Liam Jurrah 43

Jordie McKenzie and Jeremy Howe 51

Brad Green 53

I have never felt this bad in 32 years of following this club and I think it was hardnut who said it I am shellshocked, may have to take some time out for a while, I'll continue to support my beloved Dees but really I am finally at a loss.

So much going on in my head, I just don't get it as a proud person I can't fathom what makes our players do that, I know their confidence is at a low eb but the non negotiables come from within.

I spoke with a recently retired AFL player today who's words were that he would hate to be Neeld, the players are not playing for him, he said it's not about the plan and whether you understand it, it's the fact the players are not willing to tackle, block or run. Oh and he gave special mention to Clark & Blease saying it's sad when a new player to the club and one of your young guys are the ones running, tackling and trying their hearts out

Whenever I think we have hit rock bottom I am proven wrong

Edited by Pennant St Dee
  • Like 2

The top 7 players Dream Team points:

Jack Watts 121

Colin Garland 105

Nathan Jones 96

Jack Grimes 95

Sam Blease 86

Mitch Clark and Jared Rivers 80

Whilst its only Dream Team I think it says something.

It does. That our backs chipped the ball around to each other.

• Like 1

"There's always positive things," Neeld said. "I didn't think it was complete capitulation in the second half."

Seriously? This is the hard as nails, no-nonsense, common sense coach we needed? I liked him more after Rd. 1.

All this crap about how he knew what he was in for is just not true. Why get so upset after that game but then bring up the lack of 'complete capitulation' after a 100 point loss? The guy is winging it and it's really starting to show. He's shocked at how poor the players are, he's shocked at how accepting they are of poor performances, but he's also becoming aware of how out of his league he is.

Things are going to get really ugly in the next month. I smell a mutiny.

Edited by The heart beats true
  • Like 2

"There's always positive things," Neeld said. "I didn't think it was complete capitulation in the second half."

Seriously? This is the hard as nails, no-nonsense, common sense coach we needed? I liked him more after Rd. 1.

It's called deflecting. As refreshing as his round one media conference was, it in itself became news. The frustrating thing is that as members and supporters that's the only time we get an explanation from the coach, so we too only hear and read the spin.

All this crap about how he knew what he was in for is just not true. Why get so upset after that game but then bring up the lack of 'complete capitulation' after a 100 point loss? The guy is winging it and it's really starting to show. He's shocked at how poor the players are, he's shocked at how accepting they are off poor performances, but he's also becoming aware of how out of his league he is.

You won't get a mutiny against a first year coach.

I have to say, I picked us for 16th before the season and I still think we will finish 16th.

Whether Neeld is the man for the job or not, Blind Freddy could see we didn't have a midfield, we lack leaders and we were always going to need to go backwards to go forwards.

Neeld was going to get a job at any one of Adelaide, WB and Melbourne, and he chose us. I would say he is the least of our problems.

• Like 4

It sounds over the top but I think you are actually right. Heads need to roll from the top down. Everyone. The only problem is that in reality it just can't happen. there are too many complexities involved. Hence the club will continue to die a slow death.

The players aren't playing for the coach,period.

It shows every week in the effort/intensity and today we laid 51 tackles when they had all the play.

Watts goes back and plays as a spare man,gets 34 touches and 1 tackle FFS!!! The ball was in his area 80% of the game and he won't tackle.

At least if you send him back,play him on an opponent for his development which will help him as a forward,anyone can run around with no opponent and get 34.

I'm sick to death of Sylvia,gone at the end of the year,he is pissweak.

Howe can't kick to save himself,adds 1 grab to his highlight reel each week,Tassie league standard.

Trengove is going backwards very quickly,Jones should have been made Captain and should be next year,what's Grimes done onfield?

Beamer is playing like he's already signed with the Bombers,good riddance.

No point in playing Green at 31,give his games to a teenager,even Petterd maybe but he's going nowhere but i'd still have him over Green.

Like i said,the players are not playing for the coach and it will get a lot worse from here.

Neeld is trying to give us the defence that Bailey had no idea about but we are all downhill skiiers and it's all too hard for our pea hearts.

This is the worst i've ever felt as a Dee Member,worse than 186.

Im so angry with this board and coach we are a joke.

Jack watts was our best by a mile mate so give credit were it's due this watt's bashing makes me sick sometime's.

Right.

So the answer is - sack the players.

No wait - sack the admministration.

No wait - sack the head coach and coaching staff

No wait - why don't we sack the supporters?

Too late - the supporters are sacking themselves - in droves. And I don't blame them at all.

Well done MFC. Friggin pea heart of a club.

• Like 1

I'm not talking about administration. I'm talking about a playing group that arent willing to do the hard work for him because they don't respect him, and some of them are offended by his lack of regard for them. Regardless of how we all feel about this those players will still be at the club for the next 14 weeks.

I said it last week and I'll say it again. There is a diffence between being a teacher and being a manager.

Im so angry with this board and coach we are a joke.

Jack watts was our best by a mile mate so give credit were it's due this watt's bashing makes me sick sometime's.

Here's one positive. Watching the 3rd quarter Bombers & Tigers, its clear we made the right decision with Brad Miller. Not worth two [censored]'s of goat sh!t.

• Like 1

I have to say, I picked us for 16th before the season and I still think we will finish

Seriously, don't you think this is already some sort of mutiny?? Some inflated egos maybe not liking to be told to get off their arses and do some hard work, and get fit! No, maybe it is too hard to train, and put in the effort to gut run like Cousins, Judd, Pendlebery etc

And re your second paragraph: seriously again, who will finish below us?

• Like 1

All this crap about how he knew what he was in for is just not true. Why get so upset after that game but then bring up the lack of 'complete capitulation' after a 100 point loss? The guy is winging it and it's really starting to show. He's shocked at how poor the players are, he's shocked at how accepting they are of poor performances, but he's also becoming aware of how out of his league he is.

THBT the mutiny happened some time ago. Did you miss it?

Choko on 19 May 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

'Neeld was going to get a job at any one of Adelaide, WB and Melbourne, and he chose us. I would say he is the least of our problems.'

I'm curious Choko - I thought MFC chose Neeld - do you know something about the process?