Sylvia and Moloney - A Poll

Range Rover

Sylvia and Moloney - A Poll  

209 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's a lot of talk across several threads about where Sylvia and Moloney currently stand at the MFC.

Do they have a future under Neeld or should we capitalize on any perceived trade value in them to help re-build our tinpot midfield?

Is it time for these two to get out of the pool?

Melbourne+Demons+Recovery+Session+J9jWH3aB5DCl.jpg

Have your say in the poll and leave your comments below ...

Moloney is up the creek in my opinion. Shows very little grunt when needed and only steps up when he wants to, not when the team needs him too. Sylvia I would keep because like Jurrah can win the game for us, the only two in the best 22 imo. Syliva>Moloney. Getting rid of Moloney to Dons for a player trade could occur if they still want him. Dempsey anyone? Attacking HBF, sets up the play, body is of concern. Trade weeks will be fun!

We need senior players. Keep them both.

Three votes for Captain Sensible!

Worst thread in Demonland history .The apathy thread was more appealing .And more intelligent

• Like 2

im the one running out of patience....in case any wondering :unsure:

I don't agree with the idea of trading them - pick 34 and 35 don't thrill me and that's what we'd be looking at. Like them or not, they're our big bodied, senior players. Play them until they either pull their fingers out, or get passed by someone better.

• Like 3

FFS, haven't you guys learnt anything from Bailey's failures.

WE NEED SENIOR PLAYERS.

Sylvia has played one full game under the new regime and he's trade bait?

to paraphrase...ffs where have you been my friend.? Name a game Colin has EVER put 4 qatrs worth of effort in ? go on.. im happy to wait.

Sylvia is a precosious talent that knows it.. hes got all the savvy of an beligerant teenager. Im over him.. really i am. He WAS trade bait last year and we missed our chance. We always do.

By senior players I assume you mean role models, leaders... etc. He is NONE of this

Beamer... he seems all lost at sea. hes been asked to take on board something htat is more than a tad simple in terms of game style and he seems bamboozled. A BIG shame as he has the heart.. he has the ticker...has he the nouse ??

We need senior players...we need players who step up and take the mantle...its not necessarily simply about whos been there the longest...huge difference

Demonland used player sale.

Hurry! Last days.

All players with 100 games must go .

Weve given them knowledge-you get them at their peak!

Get in Fast -This youth hysteria will not last .

Out the door they go.

Runabouts,4 wheel drives ,tanks and smooth operators all under the one roof!

Some with complete history ,some without.

Check out the added extras-

Some hardly ever driven!

Demonland Crazy May Sale #

# buyer beware-product may actually be ready to be peform at top level consistently .

• Like 2

I know Sylvia is frustrating but for the moment we need to lay off him. He's done next to know preseason then had the back injury. At least give him a few games to get some sort of match fitness.

Edited by J-Riv

love the 'lets giv em more time' attitude that 90% of posters have here.

no wonder we are looking at 0-11

perfect attitude to get u no where

Edited by olisik

We need senior players. Keep them both.

We need players that set the right example on and off the field. We need senior players who will role-model the necessary gut-running with and without the ball. We need senior players that respond when challenged. We don't need senior players purely because they're senior.

• Like 2

Obviously, I have had a foot to their throats for over a year now but that doesn't mean I want to get rid of them.

Like Nasher said - no value in the market.

I would lessen their role (other players stepping up) and getting them to achieve those roles.

That would take some pressure off the future young midfield of Trengove, Gysberts, McKenzie, Viney, Pick 4/5, etc.

Sylvia has some excuse with his PS, guess we wait and see, but have to say I am in the camp of running out of patience....Moloney is the one I really question here. Great 2010 then slowly declining since?? Was it that his PS was designed around him to slim down and become a faster better player. Hes massively trimmed down. Has it really done him any good? Is he still adapting to a new role maybe???

If they both prove they can play with the intensity and commitment Neeld requires, then they stay, if not, then they have no future with the MFC.

I hope they both stay, because both at their best, we are a much better team.

love the 'lets giv em more time' attitude that 90% of posters have here.

no wonder we are looking at 0-11

perfect attitude to get u no where

Better get rid of ALL our players then seeing very few are performing so far...

Better get rid of ALL our players then seeing very few are performing so far...

--------K---A---H---A---D--A---CP---A--UP--A---C---A---M--A--HO-A--CL--A--T---A--1--A--GA

.Morton 48 12.0 32 8.0 80 20.0 25 06.3 56 14.0 12 3.0 13 3.3 5 1.3 14 3.5 15 3.8 5 1.3 4

Moloney 43 10.8 27 6.8 70 17.5 46 11.5 25 06.3 10 2.5 06 1.5 0 0.0 31 7.8 13 3.3 4 1.0 4

a=Average

k=kicks, H=handballs, d=disposals, cp=contested, up=uncontested, c=clangers,

m=marks, ho=hitouts, cl=clearances, t=tackles, 1=1%'ers, ga=goal assists

So should whipping boy Morton be averaging more..

kicks,

handballs,

marks,

TACKLES,

1%'ers,

than our reigning B&F winner / top 10 brownlow'er, in 2012?

Edited by Trident

Sylvia had value...we thoght/think he has more

Moloney, has some sorrtof value...

it all becomes abitrary. We wont get what some think....but maybe nudge value come trading..

It 's a little bit Eastwood......do you see some value punk...well do you?????

Sylvia- air head, only plays 1 good game every 6, always goes missing, not a leader,

Moloney- Not a leader & should have been captain, but issues of the field

Both these guys have had issues of the field, how can you create the right culture when your experience players are not leaders?

Edited by dees64

--------K---A---H---A---D--A---CP---A--UP--A---C---A---M--A--HO-A--CL--A--T---A--1--A--GA

.Morton 48 12.0 32 8.0 80 20.0 25 06.3 56 14.0 12 3.0 13 3.3 5 1.3 14 3.5 15 3.8 5 1.3 4

Moloney 43 10.8 27 6.8 70 17.5 46 11.5 25 06.3 10 2.5 06 1.5 0 0.0 31 7.8 13 3.3 4 1.0 4

a=Average

k=kicks, H=handballs, d=disposals, cp=contested, up=uncontested, c=clangers,

m=marks, ho=hitouts, cl=clearances, t=tackles, 1=1%'ers, ga=goal assists

So should whipping boy Morton be averaging more..

kicks,

handballs,

marks,

TACKLES,

1%'ers,

than our reigning B&F winner / top 10 brownlow'er, in 2012?

Don't think you quite got my point... I didn't say Moloney is performing and no one else is, I said very few are performing, so what if Morton has a few better averages? Does that mean he's playing fantastic footy? No.

Get sick of repeating myself around here, please read and understand:

I have NEVER said Moloney is a superstar, gun, legend etc. all I have said is that I find it RIDICULOUS how much people are bagging him on here given what he has done in the past and where the WHOLE TEAM is currently at.

Guest strawberry_gumdrops

Moloney will be made obsolete next year due to Viney, but I forgot he was an UFA and we will get SFA for him. Stays but not by design.

Sylvia is a bit part player who has the occasional blinder. He can be potentially be great but you know what they say about potential?

In a perfect world I would move Moloney and give Sylvia shock therapy to sort out his head. But this is Melbourne and we have to deal with the sub par hand we have. The only option we have is to wait (more) and hope (more)