Neeld takes a stand

DeeM

Apparently in the lead up to this week MN asked the players,

'are any of you scarred from last year? because if you are you can F*#@ off and i won't take you'

Loving the hard line stance

• Like 2

Bulls*#t question. Who is going to put their hands up. Seriously Who?

Do you really think he was asking that question to get an answer? He was posing a question to instill a mindset. Personally I think it's great.

• Like 9

Do you really think he was asking that question to get an answer? He was posing a question to instill a mindset. Personally I think it's great.

Precisely. If you were feeling a bit "scarred", you'd sure as hell be talking yourself out of it now.

Interestingly Neeld said today he wasn't going to mention last year as we had new coaches quite a few different players, on both sides, and he felt it was irrelevant.

Behind locked closed doors 186 will be a hot topic i would guess.

What Neeld tells journalists is another thing.

I think neeld might be a qualified teacher of what I am not sure but i don't think it is psychology

• Like 1

Apparently in the lead up to this week MN asked the players,

'are any of you scarred from last year? because if you are you can F*#@ off and i won't take you'

Loving the hard line stance

Well I guess Neeld won't be driving me to the footy tomorrow.

• Like 7

Interestingly Neeld said today he wasn't going to mention last year as we had new coaches quite a few different players, on both sides, and he felt it was irrelevant.

I think that line fits in well with what he was saying.

Along the lines of "I don't think we should mention it and if anyone here is scarred...."

I would prefer the players HTFU, just from an outsiders view - jeez, they talk about their feelings and their emotional state a bit...

Just get over it, deal with the fact you were shithouse and do something about it - the rest of us do.

I think neeld might be a qualified teacher of what I am not sure but i don't think it is psychology

Hopefully he wasn't your English teacher.

• Like 1

Guest gidon

Neeld himself stated that the club has not spoken about 186, and forbid the players to talk about it. In the same breath he answered a follow up question to say there is 9 players playing this week that did not play last yr.

I would say 186 is in his mind and he is talking and thinking about it.

On side note, im thinking about Saturday and im worried. Tell Moloney he is not thinking about a zero possession game last yr. If he gets 10 or less than 15 possessions this year, it will be seen as a failure, or result of last year. If we lose by 100pts, it will be seen as a result of last yr. Any thing less than 10 goals will be seen as par. I get the sense that the club is on a hiding to nothing this week. If we are thrashed, the media will go crazy. If its an honourable loss, the media will leave us alone. If its a good loss or (god forbid) we win it, it will go down in club history (the win). Im not holding out for a win, but hope we get within 6 goals, at best.

This week is a week that could be the making of a club, or the continued culture of 47 yrs. Pls Dees, stand up!!!

Guest gidon

I prey they do WYL. This game could be the game to project us forward following on from 186. But, i'm feeling very nervous and hold alot of doubt. Neeld's presser didnt make me feel better.

Neeld himself stated that the club has not spoken about 186, and forbid the players to talk about it. In the same breath he answered a follow up question to say there is 9 players playing this week that did not play last yr.

I would say 186 is in his mind and he is talking and thinking about it.

On side note, im thinking about Saturday and im worried. Tell Moloney he is not thinking about a zero possession game last yr. If he gets 10 or less than 15 possessions this year, it will be seen as a failure, or result of last year. If we lose by 100pts, it will be seen as a result of last yr. Any thing less than 10 goals will be seen as par. I get the sense that the club is on a hiding to nothing this week. If we are thrashed, the media will go crazy. If its an honourable loss, the media will leave us alone. If its a good loss or (god forbid) we win it, it will go down in club history (the win). Im not holding out for a win, but hope we get within 6 goals, at best.

This week is a week that could be the making of a club, or the continued culture of 47 yrs. Pls Dees, stand up!!!

I wouldn't expect much more than a fighting effort akin to last week Gidon. It's all about producing players who battle for four quarters at the moment, as well as weeding out the ones who don't have the stomach for it.

Don't worry about who got how many possessions, what the media says, this week being the making of the club or anything remotely like that.Tomorrow is purely about hard, grafting and most probably ugly footy on our part over four quarters.

Neeld is trying to turn the club's ethos around. Let's get behind him.

• Like 3

Guest gidon

I wouldn't expect much more than a fighting effort akin to last week Gidon. It's all about producing players who battle for four quarters at the moment, as well as weeding out the ones who don't have the stomach for it.

Don't worry about who got how many possessions, what the media says, this week being the making of the club or anything remotely like that.Tomorrow is purely about hard, grafting and most probably ugly footy on our part over four quarters.

Neeld is trying to turn the club's ethos around. Let's get behind him.

I still think the ghost of 186 has to be exercised (not sure of the spelling).

I prey they do WYL. This game could be the game to project us forward following on from 186. But, i'm feeling very nervous and hold alot of doubt. Neeld's presser didnt make me feel better.

We must go forward tomorrow....an Army is always nervous....Best way to destroy nerves is to work hard.

If the club bends over tomorrow...Denham & Patrick Smith types have every right to stick the knife into the walls.

We MUST Fight Tomorrow

Edited by why you little

I still think the ghost of 186 has to be exercised (not sure of the spelling).

I wouldn't exercise it - exercise makes things stronger. Exorcism would be good though. ;-)

But niether did Cloke until 2010 or Hawkins until last year.

Make the kid hungry.

He's just not the same build as those guys and never will, he won't crash packs but he will be bigger and stronger and make an impact. His skill and ability to make good decisions is what will make him as a footballer.

By the way Cloke did win a Copeland (CollingwoodB&F) as a 20yo in 2007.