• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Let's go to Kardinia Park and Retrieve Our Dignity

I could imagine Mark calmly saying i dont care what happened last year, its int he past lets just focus on getting it right this week. He will blow an artery if we play like we did last year.

It will be interesting to see how we go and it will be a test.

father in law has a front row seat for me every year i am actually happy to be going down to Mordor this year. I want to see if we can have a red hot crack against a gun team.

huge game for the boys

after a couple of more heartening performances we are in danger of getting smashed back into chaos

the cats will be licking their lips while we will be trembling

watch for the cats' strong start and our immediate collapse

who the hell is playing on Johnson, last time he had 34 touches and 7 goals

sportsbet will give you 1.45 for cats over 40... sheesh

I don't knw what anyone can do, doubt Neeld will get much sleep this week

father in law has a front row seat for me every year i am actually happy to be going down to Mordor this year. I want to see if we can have a red hot crack against a gun team.

We had that opportunity against West Coast. Saying that, I think we've come a fair way in a short time and will give a solid account this Saturday.

IMO, Hard work, good form & practicing at trusting yourself with your skills on the training track.

When you have belief, the Intuitiveness can come thru, but you have to relax to let it, just trust yourself, to Not try to force things. Say when kicking. If you relax, the subconscious can guide the brain thru, rather than Consciously trying to override the Intuitiveness, from fear of failure.. Trust. Belief. & Relax - - - Creativity...

Sounds like you are a golfer!!!

Geelong have an unfair advantage by having such a bloody good team.

just stay within 40 points will do

This game will be a true test to see how much we've changed since last season. Last time at Mordor we did not go in hard after the ball once and just acted as pylons in a Geelong training drill. I hope Magner, a fit Moloney and Clark will change this and help contribute to a competitive effort.

Neeld would know that he doesn't have to say a thing about 186 because it will be at the absolute front of everyone's mind - regardless of what they say publicly. There are some games where wind-ups will not be necessary e.g. I expect Queen's Birthday will be another one where players know what will be expected and will hopefully be able to repeat the NAB Cup performance. It's easy to say but I continue to be insulted by other supporters' sympathy. It certainly doesn't equate to respect.

Well, I suppose with Selwood possibly not playing and Stokes definitely not playing, it's not beyond the realms of fantasy. Then again, there is also talk of Wojcinski coming back in for Stokes so he can chalk up game #200.

As Gimli would say ""certainty of death, small chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Couldn't be worse that last year, and if we do snag a win it would be monumental.

• Like 1

All I want to see is a red hot go at the footy / contest for 4 quarters, matched with continual pressure when we dont have possession, with a desire to be first to the footy and not letting yourself get beaten in the one on one's, second, third, even fourth efforts must be maintained when the tempo/intensity increases.

I want to also see players at top speed with aggression backing up and protecting each other.

All up show me controlled agression at the footy. I want to see who wants the footy when its there to be won.

As Gimli would say ""certainty of death, small chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Couldn't be worse that last year, and if we do snag a win it would be monumental.

$101-1 for a 40 point demons win.

12-1 at the line.

Edited by Biffen

I'm heading down and will be in the standing room area.

Happy to meet up with any other Demonlanders that are heading down.

I think it's good not to talk about and worry about our record down there. It used to annoy me when the players would bang on about how bad our record at a particular ground is before the game. It can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

How did you go about getting tickets? i work till 2 at this stage (in Geeling) but talking to mates they said it is really hard to get tickets, even paid members get charged to reserve a seat.......wow

I think GA would be standing room if much of it is even still there due to the stands?

Well...

Why cant we win if we have a crack?

Yep...tough team,won the flag and hard to beat anywhere especially at home.

But what if we turn up and deliver the ball to Mitch and small forwards actually rove consistantly instead of wandering in lala land!

What if Beamer flattens a key runner of the cats in the guts...and our midfielders run hard all day!

If Demons create and utilise small risks and not bomb it.... and hit some targets then why cant we bloody win it!

I agree lets restore some respect firstly before I dream some more...

I just wonder if the impossible is possible..

5 of us went last year.

same 5 are returning for villies pies and plenty of beers.

Going to skip the slab of beer on the way down this year. We're V-Line apparently.

We've got standing room tickets again. We will be the loud ones giving PLENTY to Selwood every time he ducks his head and Hawkins (spud - well he was last year)

it's a pity cokesy wont be playing.

lets hope jordy lines up on selwood and gives it to him

No V/line so there will be another slab! We will own that terrace by the end of the game!

How did you go about getting tickets? i work till 2 at this stage (in Geeling) but talking to mates they said it is really hard to get tickets, even paid members get charged to reserve a seat.......wow

I think GA would be standing room if much of it is even still there due to the stands?

GA is standing in Gary Ablett terrace, we got 5 tickets right after they went on sale last Thursday, I think Melbourne had a small amount of reserved seats to sell to members but I assume they are probably where the cheersquad ends up sitting.

4 goals or less for me.

IMO The Neeld game style will suit our the boys on any "skinny" ground, like the Cattery, the SCG and yes....you guessed it ...even Etihad! More so than the G at this early stage of the Neeld era.

At least until Neeld completes the reno to lock up, at which time we'll start winning most of our games at the G as well (at least against teams 6 and down anyway IMO).

3 to 4 goals i reckon (subject to getting Clark and Chip back). That's about break even for me, as this is approximately what most "away" teams lose in "Crowd Influenced" umpiring decisions at a genuine "home ground" advantage such as the Cattery.

If, by some act of Lucifer, we see some fairly neutral and consistent umpiring, i think we might even win by 1 or 2 goals.

This is gonna be one massive slug fest with no prisoners taken!

Carn the Mighty Demons!

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 1