GAME DAY - Round 2

We are playing a top 4 side, in their home state, and we are a bottom 4 side. What did you expect Neeld

to do? Wave his magic wand and we'd suddenly be good?!

It'll take time.

If somebody on this forum talks about time i will go crazy

we are playing sc

schoolboy football

there are no excuses

we are the worst team in the afl

• Like 1

It's our disposal across the entire ground. Outside of say Watts and Trengove, we rarely hit targets.

I know, that's why it's a joke that so far in this thread Clark has been the most whinged about.

Apart from one or two free kicks, that last one against rivers for too high was pathetic same with garland on lynch. the umpiring hasn't been too bad. If we tackled below the shoulders, stop kicking out on the full and be first at the ball the count might not be as high

• Like 1

He's trying to implement a game plan that is outdated and doesn't suit our cattle. We can't afford another two to three year build.

What game plan does our cattle suit exactly?

I have no idea what Bailey was doing for almost 4 years but it was not teaching our players footy 101 and a viable game plan that will stand up under pressure.

Did Neeld make Frawley run too far or Green tackle high? No. Thats 2 goals given away by senior players. Did he make Lynden Dunn give up a set shot inside 50 instead choosing a low percentage pass to Clark.

Thats not game style thats just sub AFL decision making and its Neeld's job to fix it.

If somebody on this forum talks about time i will go crazy

we are playing sc

schoolboy football

there are no excuses

we are the worst team in the afl

Agreed. Does it take "time" to inspire effort? Does it take "time" to make a change on match day? Does it take "time" to get professional footballers properly focused for a game?

Sure, the results may take time, but the effort and ideas don't.

• Like 1

Mitch Clarke aint no star player.

I reckon Ricky or Howe would be better at full forward.

Watts looks so slow , got good skills but really lacks mongrel,he looks like a basketball player.

Umps are terrible.

I reckon 8of the frees they have got were not there, and we have not recieved about 10.

The umpirse are not even looking at us.

We got better in the second quarter with our disposal and decision making which was simply horrible in the first half.

Waters should get suspended for hit on Grimes going by todays standards, but he wont have anything to answer I would put money on it.

Nobody's blaming Clark for our poor performance. He's the least of our worries. Our poor disposal is the number one problem across the entire ground, and that's what we need to fix. But instead we spent the entire summer running with not a ball in sight. Compared to last year at the corresponding game, our kicking is just as bad. That means that an entire year has gone by with absolutely no improvement in the most fundamental skill required of a FOOTballer. Not good enough from Bailey, and not good enough from the players.

I'm all for accepting the argument that Neeld is a new coach with a new game plan. And that it will take time to get it right.

But there are non-negotiables in football that we didn't meet in 2011 and we should be meeting in 2012. And we're not.

Unless our game plan is the dumbest thing ever thought of, it will involve chasing. And intent. And hunger. And desire. And effort. Those things are lacking. I don't care if we look like we're trying but we keep losing. That's fine, and that's acceptable. But I can't stand the fact that we still don't look like we give a rat's tossbag. And that's what kills me most. Too many players don't look like they're leaving it all on the field.

• Like 1

Clark hasn't been the worst and the delivery has been rubbish - having said this he has been caught behind too many times and doesn't seem to put in repeated efforts. If the ball doesn't drop in his lap he doesn't seem to want to know about it and has been content to just watch it rebound out.

Also far too often their players are given way too much space. One instance there was two WCE players with two MFC players trailling them by 5-10 metres. The ball comes to them and they just stroll it off our HFF with no pressure. This has nothing to do with class or talent, it is just laziness.

Another rubbish free to them right in front - he ducked into the tackle you moron.

Another rubbish free to them right in front - he ducked into the tackle you moron.

T

They'e been ducking all day. Or dropping to their knees when they see a melb. player coming.

They definitely must practise this.

Tony Shaw backing Waters for his hit on (was it Grimes?) he makes me sick.

I know, that's why it's a joke that so far in this thread Clark has been the most whinged about.

He's been decent, although his first effort when Bennell kicked the ball down his throat was pitiful.

I'll just preface this with saying I rarely complain about umpires, but...

I have never been more [censored] off at the umpiring of a game of football in my whole life. A few sloppy high tackles in the 1st...fair enough. Soft frees in the middle, many of which when we have won the clearance, and refusing to pay us anything...pissing me off.

We are having a dip which is what I wanted to see. Skills are ordinary and we are having a bit of a flashback to the Bailey days with the going forward with a completely empty forward line. We are down by 8 goals, probably 4 or 5 with some respectable umpiring.

They will even the free kick count up a little bit, but they will be token free kicks paid in ineffectual parts of the game well after the game has been won or lost.

• Like 3

Good section of Melbourne fans on the top tier behind the goals. Umpires have been rubbish, some frees to WCE there, but we are being murdered by the men in green today.

Jones is putting in an effort. Game plan is not going to lead to us kicking many goals with our half forwards playing so far up the ground. Jamar struggling with his match-ups.