Port Adelaide v Melbourne NAB Cup Week 4

GawnWithTheWind

FiveAA will begin their coverage at 18:30pm SA time (19:00 Eeastern)

Will be interesting to see if they are still crapping on about the sacking (or as AFC called it, the resignation) of Matt Rendell.... What a blight on the Crows.... As if we all didn't hate them enough already!!!

Anyway, I am in Adelaide but unfortunately cannot attend due to the fact my wife is working late tonight and the mood my 3yr Young Demon son is in.... Would not see a minute of footy...

So like most of us, I am unfortunately relying on the worst radio callers in Australia.... Although I do believe I hate Tim Gossage more than any other in the land...

Assume tonights coverage will be given to us by Tim Ginever, Chris McDermott (actually I think he is on par with Gossage) and maybe Russell Ebert....

Port Skipper Dom Cassissi not playing tonight due to a previously booked in wedding for tonight (brother I think) which is a bonus...

Good luck to our lads.... A win would be a pleasant surprise....

• Like 1

Well.... I don't believe we are anywhere near full strength... be it neither are they....

I'm pretty sure Port would've moved heaven and earth to get the same umpires who massacred (officiated) the match at the Adelaide Oval last season....

Edited by KrazyJay
  • Like 2

Looks like I'll be stuck at work for at least half the match, so updates to keep me from jumping out the 4th floor window, would be appreciated.

Will see what I can do Jaded.

In all likelihood - it'll be the updates themselves that will make you want to jump out of the 4th floor window.

Trust me, football updates, no matter how bad, will be a welcomed relief from the pile of sh*t on my desk that I've been dealing with since 7am!

sorry? how does cost come into it?

The station(s) are still providing the feed, just blocking the external feed, and piping it to the AFL site instead...

I read somewhere that the dedicated SEN app doesn't lose it's feed through broadcasts.... anyone able to confirm that?

I'm able to confirm that right now. Just been on the official SEN app trying to listen to their coverage of Saints and Pies.

No dice.

Must admit it was hilarious earlier on this arvo when Cornesy and Stephen Rowe were speaking to Brian Taylor.... They were going on about Sheehan's Top 50 not having any players from Adelaide or Port....

Rowey was saying Boak is easily in the top 15 and better than Nat Fyfe!?!?! And that Graham Johncock is a better player than Heath Shaw....

BT replied with Boak? Nowhere near Fyfe.... and Heath Shaw every day of the week over Stiffy....

Then BT came out with the cracker "South Australia wouldn't even have one in the Top 100"

HaHa....

Oh and the biggest insult by SA's two footy "experts".....

Jackson Trengove better than James Frawley!!!!! WTF are these guys smoking???

Edited by KrazyJay

FiveAA will begin their coverage at 18:30pm SA time (19:00 Eeastern)

Will be interesting to see if they are still crapping on about the sacking (or as AFC called it, the resignation) of Matt Rendell.... What a blight on the Crows.... As if we all didn't hate them enough already!!!

Anyway, I am in Adelaide but unfortunately cannot attend due to the fact my wife is working late tonight and the mood my 3yr Young Demon son is in.... Would not see a minute of footy...

So like most of us, I am unfortunately relying on the worst radio callers in Australia.... Although I do believe I hate Tim Gossage more than any other in the land...

Assume tonights coverage will be given to us by Tim Ginever, Chris McDermott (actually I think he is on par with Gossage) and maybe Russell Ebert....

Port Skipper Dom Cassissi not playing tonight due to a previously booked in wedding for tonight (brother I think) which is a bonus...

Good luck to our lads.... A win would be a pleasant surprise....

I live in WA and have to listen to this first class [censored] every day, he has absolutley no idea, knows a fair bit about racing but as far as footy goes he is useless, I nearly fell off my bike this morning when he declared Eagles as his pick for the flag. His top 4 is West Coast, Hawks, Carlton & Geelong.

I live in WA and have to listen to this first class [censored] every day, he has absolutley no idea, knows a fair bit about racing but as far as footy goes he is useless, I nearly fell off my bike this morning when he declared Eagles as his pick for the flag. His top 4 is West Coast, Hawks, Carlton & Geelong.

I see nothing wrong with that top 4... looks pretty reasonable... although I would have put Hawks first and daylight second.

Lucky for me I don't have to hear too much from this bloke.... but easily the most annoying sports dude in the land! Lives, breathes and $hits West Coast.... And I have no time for his pure hatred of Melbourne.... Same as Chris "Bones" McDermott over here in Adelaide.... Have had a few arguments on the air with him about his obvious distaste for Melbourne.... He must have bad memories of Todd Viney running through him and his ribs are probably still hurting!

Must admit it was hilarious earlier on this arvo when Cornesy and Stephen Rowe were speaking to Brian Taylor.... They were going on about Sheehan's Top 50 not having any players from Adelaide or Port....

Rowey was saying Boak is easily in the top 15 and better than Nat Fyfe!?!?! And that Graham Johncock is a better player than Heath Shaw....

BT replied with Boak? Nowhere near Fyfe.... and Heath Shaw every day of the week over Stiffy....

Then BT came out with the cracker "South Australia wouldn't even have one in the Top 100"

HaHa....

Oh and the biggest insult by SA's two footy "experts".....

Jackson Trengove better than James Frawley!!!!! WTF are these guys smoking???

Might be them trying to treat their small town syndrome.

Why are any of you surprised this would be such a parochial coverage... I remember years ago, it wasn't much different when we played at Kardinia and the only station covering the game was 3GL.

Been listening to 5AA for 1/2 hour & not one mention of anything Melbourne. Not one player, the team, ...nothing. Has anyone told these announcers that they're the only radio station covering this game, therefor a high percentage of their audience will be Melbourne supporters? I'd phone them but am overseas.

....Oh, I take all that back, they just said "Melbourne's out on the ground!"

Been listening to 5AA for 1/2 hour & not one mention of anything Melbourne. Not one player, the team, ...nothing. Has anyone told these announcers that they're the only radio station covering this game, therefor a high percentage of their audience will be Melbourne supporters? I'd phone them but am overseas.

....Oh, I take all that back, they just said "Melbourne's out on the ground!"

Don't worry. They were probably coming from the context of "Melbourne's out on the ground. What the f#$k are they doing here?"

• Like 2