• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

West Coke's Tainted 2006 Premiership

jnrmac

Ketamine, it's a horse tranquiliser usually taken at the end of the night, morning for the dance partiers. Very well known drug for those in the scene.

Not just horses! It's commonly used in human anaesthesia. Especially in the third world, and in emeregency situations, "in the field" in war.

Lunatics who use it "recreationally" are playing with fire. A bit like Michael Jackson's doctor with his propofol.

he's a bunbury boy isn't he? that says alot

worsfold did have a pharmacy, northern suburbs i think but pretty sure he has sold it

He owned the Joondalup shopping centre pharmacy, sold it when he moved to Carlton...they interviewed him there a few times on the TV, In his white pharmacist uniform...

But recreational drugs don't do the same as performance enhancing. simply they won their flag with the right players at the right time, against a team they could be (just)...

as for last year, simply their older players having bumpers years, similar to us in Dannihers first year..last to prelim...bit of experience and a bit of youth.

Amphetamines (speed, crank, meth, etc) are performance enhancing. If you get caught taking them on match days you will cop a suspension the same as steroids.

How much was the West Coast Illeagles' performance enhanced? Was it enhanced? Well, compare two hypothetical teams: the Dirties and the Cleans. The Cleans spend their post-season holidays (when you are not allowed to be tested) sitting on a beach in Bali, sucking cans and Bundies, getting rat-faced and losing all fitness. The Dirties go to Vegas, don't touch a drop of booze but snort kilograms of powder and assorted chemicals, and to try and wind down, go for long runs and pump iron in the Gym. The Cleans come back and take two months to get their acts together, while the Dirties come back and everyone is amazed at how quickly they reach peak fitness, and how cut they all look. The following season the Cleans fade, experience a disappointing finals campaign and finish 7th. The Dirties, on the back of an amazing strength & running capacity win a "memorable" grand final against a fierce rival and take home the premiership cup.

Quod erat Demon-strandum.

• Like 2

Special K is wicked [censored]-I can tell you personally .

Whether it would help you play ,I would say not .

Coke would help .

Speed would help

Clenbuterol would help alot .

Special K is wicked [censored]-I can tell you personally .

Whether it would help you play ,I would say not .

Coke would help .

Speed would help

Clenbuterol would help alot .

well if you were depressed it certainly could be the difference between not being able to play and playing?

but that might just be a legitimate medical usage?

I certainly have not made thise allegations. Was careful to state that - bu tthere seems a mountain of evidence of a drug culture at the club - COusins, mainwaring, Chad FLetcher flatlining in Vegas etc etc

Judd left for a reason. And he was not stopped by the club because he threatened to spill the beans - I am pretty sure that was the case.

Ask where Daniel Chick is today. Frolicking in a veggie patch

Guest gidon

Is there any truth to the rumour why Chick has half a finger? Seriously it probably goes further than the West of Aus! Why was Sylvia a passenger in his car 6am on King st pre season? Didn't Cous swim the Swan once. Alcohol has more serious repercussions than the white powder. Just coz it's legal does not mean it should be abused.

Having said that, AFL players face the same issues the wider community do. I don't see it a big issue and West Coast won a Premiership with an amazing list. I think they should have won more Premierships. Maybe the culture hindered them more than helped?? Who knows!

I can tell you i had a mate who was a champion football player and he got on the speed and he became even better on the ground for a while he was playing buzzing of his head even having it just before he got to the game and he was fit and scary but it started to catch up with him because he then got on the downers to help sleep and now he does not play football anymore its hard to see your mates who have the world in front of them throw it all away just to be lost in a world that is empty. I had my time with drugs and went off the rails but i was lucky to meet my now wife and have two kids to wake me up its a real issue in every part of australia. But it does seem west coast have had a drug culture for a long time.

I can tell you i had a mate who was a champion football player and he got on the speed and he became even better on the ground for a while he was playing buzzing of his head even having it just before he got to the game and he was fit and scary but it started to catch up with him because he then got on the downers to help sleep and now he does not play football anymore its hard to see your mates who have the world in front of them throw it all away just to be lost in a world that is empty. I had my time with drugs and went off the rails but i was lucky to meet my now wife and have two kids to wake me up its a real issue in every part of australia. But it does seem west coast have had a drug culture for a long time.

Spot on BJ. That is it. Yes they peaked. But it always catches up. The drugs always win.

Close. Grinter is from Katandra , a town not too far from Katamatite in the Goulburn Valley

Former Geelong ruckman Darren Flanigan was from Katamatite.

IMO WC would have won three flags without the drug culture in the mid 2000's. Judd probably wouldn't have left and it's scary to contemplate but I think the gear put the clamps on both Kerr's and Cousin's careers.

Ice/speed/cocaine scatters your brain with prolonged use and forget about ketamine ... you'd hardly remember how to tie up your bootlaces with a line of that stuff up your nostril.

Lingering questions will forever remain, however, about the Eagles circa 1992 - 94 and the two flags they bagged then. Guys like Dwayne Lamb, Peter Wilson, Adrian Barich, Chris Waterman, David Hart, Mainwaring, Jakovich, Brennan et al .... all ran around looking like condoms full of walnuts with blue and yellow guernseys painted on them.

Whoever ran that gym must've been serving some mighty fine protein drinks :mellow:

Edited by Range Rover
  • Like 1

Spot on BJ. That is it. Yes they peaked. But it always catches up. The drugs always win.

Yes it really breaks familys apart and you just cant see it all falling apart when all that is on your mind is drugs it really is a big problem.I think the afl has had a few slip pass them over the years but do seem to be good in this area lately.What happen to tuck from the hawks he was coming to us in the rookie draft i heard but did not happen i hope he got another chance?

Former Geelong ruckman Darren Flanigan was from Katamatite.

IMO WC would have won three flags without the drug culture in the mid 2000's. Judd probably wouldn't have left and it's scary to think but I think the gear put the clamps on both Kerr's and Cousin's careers.

Ice/speed/cocaine scatters your brain with prolonged use and forget about ketamine ... you'd hardly remember how to tie up your bootlaces with a line of that stuff up your nostril.

Lingering questions will forever remain, however, about the Eagles circa 1992 - 94 and the two flags they bagged then. Guys like Dwayne Lamb, Peter Wilson, Adrian Barich, Chris Waterman, David Hart, Mainwaring, Jakovich, Brennan et al .... all ran around looking like condoms full of walnuts with blue and yellow guernseys painted on them.

Whoever ran that gym must've been serving some mighty fine protein drinks :mellow:

Very funny post mate.i think our boy allan Jakovich might have gone to the same gym as his brother glen. He really was a freak when he was on fire could well be the best i have seen in our jumper when on fire could do with another one of him now. If he had the hunger to play could have been anything old allan

Edited by BIG JIM

Guest gidon

If the drugs win, then you die. It's as simple as that. Mosf of the time people come back from addiction and lead normal lives. No one can sustain an addiction of over use and not OD or have poor physical or mental health implications. Poor health will kill you if the drugs won't

I heard they were very close off-field at the infamous party house .Very Close .