• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Membership Tally 2012

iv'a worn smith

TBH WYL, I tried to do it all myself on the net but couldnt figure out the option. There was a form you had to fill out and send it. I just wanted to do it all online. Eventually just called the club and a bloke sorted it in 2 mins for me. They had my details already, I guess from when I was last a member. Very easy.

Yes i tried to do it all online last August. I couldn't get direct debit working without ringing the club. I hope some IT Geeks can sort it. It is potentially costing the club a lot of $$$ that is not necessary.

We want to be members.

Just got my sister and dad signed up as trident members for the first time my dad is a m.c.c so has never wanted to have both but i put my foot down and it payed off and my sister is a first time member after being just a fan for 20 years so im very happy to have got some new members on board.

I feel good today like i have done a bit to help the club

• Like 1

Just got my sister and dad signed up as trident members for the first time my dad is a m.c.c so has never wanted to have both but i put my foot down and it payed off and my sister is a first time member after being just a fan for 20 years so im very happy to have got some new members on board.

I feel good today like i have done a bit to help the club

You have and should be proud !!!

I've signed up my dad for the second successive year. He just doesn't know it yet.

By the time I finally drag him down to a game and surprise him that he's a paid up member, he'll probably have been a signed up for 5 years! But what the hell, it's for a good cause.

Guest Thomo

Thats's fine but I donn't know any Juniors to sign up. (Must be getting old)

No problem, just get on the internet and say that you are an old bloke looking for kids, nothing bad could come of it..................

No problem, just get on the internet and say that you are an old bloke looking for kids, nothing bad could come of it..................

mmmmm...What a good idea

This from the club just now.... So who are you....Show your face or Pay up!!!

Melbourne Football Club

Our member tally has reached 25,277, but there are still 16,374 members from 2011 who haven’t renewed and over 150,000 Demon supporters around Australia who aren’t paid up.

We will leave no stone unturned to reach 40,000 members in 2012. If you haven’t joined up yet, we want you to tell us what we can do to make YOU join today.

well, some of us are busy...

and don't have the time...

traditionally, I have 11 people I sign up each year, and I see a window in April and another in July...

get off my back, you bastards...

I have been financially suppoting the dees since 1969 (when I got my first job), so i don't need you jonny-come-latelys to tell me my duty...

bugger off...

regards to all (and bugger off)...

rollo

Edited by rollinson 65
  • Like 2

There is still a month until our first "real" match. Im sure many of those 16,000 members will have joined us by then.

The NAB cup being only on foxtel might be having an effect on the renewing members too. The NAB games on free-to-air remind people to get there memberships sorted and build excitement for the new year!

There is still a month until our first "real" match. Im sure many of those 16,000 members will have joined us by then.

The NAB cup being only on foxtel might be having an effect on the renewing members too. The NAB games on free-to-air remind people to get there memberships sorted and build excitement for the new year!

If you win or show some improvement.

IMO a belting will do little to help

• Like 1

Comparative update given Mfc just updated tally which may include numbers from last Saturday night and family day signings : -

10th March , 2011 - 27,806

7th March, 2012 - 26,023

We may have another update before weekend if so, we will get a better comparison. But at this stage it looks to be more than 1000 behind same time last year.

* Remembering last season was an earlier start than 2012.

There is alot from last year who have yet to get on board im sure most will but i think with the change we have had at the club we should be reaching the 40,000 this year if not it is a fail in my view. We must beat last years 36,000 members

Still waiting for the massive bump after that oh-so-important, well televised, and well reported ("What happened? Watts was shite, right?") win over Collingwood...

Would you rather I not give updates ?

• Like 1

Anyone else not received a membership renewal this year? Poor form from the club. It's March and I am still waiting for the renewal pack to arrive.....

It would explain why membership is below last year but I can't believe the club has been so slack.

Anyone else not received a membership renewal this year? Poor form from the club. It's March and I am still waiting for the renewal pack to arrive.....

It would explain why membership is below last year but I can't believe the club has been so slack.

When did you renew ?

Comparative update given Mfc just updated tally which may include numbers from last Saturday night and family day signings : -

10th March , 2011 - 27,806

7th March, 2012 - 26,023

We may have another update before weekend if so, we will get a better comparison. But at this stage it looks to be more than 1000 behind same time last year.

* Remembering last season was an earlier start than 2012.

Thanks for that HT. A bit of a worry that we are behind - But I guess that comes with peoples frustrations from last year. I know some people who have said to me that they are sick of putting their hands in their pockets, especially during debt demolition, to watch the club dish out performances like last year. I would get angry at them but I know how much they donated and they have been members for years. I guess they are going to wait to see results first this time around, poor attitude but I do understand their frustration. (Not that they need to worry about money). I guess people will only put up with so much until they are satisfied. A bit of a bummer we went to hell in 2011 after an encouraging 2010. Winning games = more members.

I have talked to the club and I guess the good news that the club has signed up 750 members since our win against Collingwood ( a few at the family day i guess). I guess they are telling me the truth. I'm a member anyway, have been for years, and always will be.

I also talked to the club about what I can do to promote memberships as I live in the NT (Darwin) and we do play games here, I work away FIFO to an underground mine but when I get a week off I will do everything I can to get new members to our club, even if its going to the local for a beer and bet and brain washing people with my incoherrent Dee's jargon. Up here the indigineous kids love Liam Jurrah so I hope he comes back soon, there is certainly potential up here for more members, they love him!

The MFC were very impressed with this and I encourage anyone that has time to do something like this yourselves. If everyone makes a little effort our membership will rise but without your help (and the teams) it will be a slow process. I bet alot of you know at least one MFC fan who isnt a member? Get them on board!! I bought my best mate a membership for Xmas now he has to renew it every year!

The jungle drums are beating and Dee's are coming.

Edited by Hells Gates

Would you rather I not give updates ?

Would you rather I not make snide remarks about the importance of NAB Cup form to membership levels?

Of course I want to see how our membership is travelling, HT.

But snide I will be! (IWUAEHIIUE)

I am an MCC/MFC member. I haven't renewed MFC but will soon. I rang them to see if I could swap the 6th scarf in a row for a cap which would be of some value to me. Many other clubs do caps instead of scarfs. I mean how many scarfs do you need. I live in Sydney and a cap can be used all year round. They said no but if I "donated" the scarf and the rest of the membership pack to the club I would get a $25 gift voucher which I can use if I spend over $50 at the demons shop. It really annoyed me and put me off renewing at the time. I still will before the season but the attitude sucks. I live in Sydney and the MFC full membership is a donation I make every year to support the club without getting any benefit. What does it cost them to swap the scarf for a cap.

I am an MCC/MFC member. I haven't renewed MFC but will soon. I rang them to see if I could swap the 6th scarf in a row for a cap which would be of some value to me. Many other clubs do caps instead of scarfs. I mean how many scarfs do you need. I live in Sydney and a cap can be used all year round. They said no but if I "donated" the scarf and the rest of the membership pack to the club I would get a $25 gift voucher which I can use if I spend over $50 at the demons shop. It really annoyed me and put me off renewing at the time. I still will before the season but the attitude sucks. I live in Sydney and the MFC full membership is a donation I make every year to support the club without getting any benefit. What does it cost them to swap the scarf for a cap.

Poor form from the club really. They continually badger supporters to jump on board as a member, even those who cannot afford it, yet they cannot offer a Sydney based support a cap instead of a scarf with their membership pack.

Edited by Samsara