• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Neeld pours heat on Demons

Surfer Rosa

New Coaching motto : Go ahead, make my day !!

RR, I agree with your sentiments regarding your last comment, however,I feel ,it will take 3 years before the likely results of Neeld inc.staff can be judged,I year implemented, 1 year further development, then last year maintained.

3 more years ? The time for winning is always right now - regardless of development or talent - attitude is everything in sport - I've seen plenty of average teams play finals - it may take a little while for Neeld game plan to get through to the players but why not round 1 hey .

• Like 1

3 more years ? The time for winning is always right now - regardless of development or talent - attitude is everything in sport - I've seen plenty of average teams play finals - it may take a little while for Neeld game plan to get through to the players but why not round 1 hey .

Correct . Attitude can move things regardless of where you are.

This list will be ready for combat in Round 1. Not to say they will not continue to learn, but they will be ready for it.

Correct . Attitude can move things regardless of where you are.

This list will be ready for combat in Round 1. Not to say they will not continue to learn, but they will be ready for it.

And apart from Neeld , it's Misson and Craig as well that should get us firing on all cylinders at the start of the season . 3 big additions .

Thought it was interesting that Mark Neeld mentioned that Clark trains very hard - very telling considering he comes from lowly Brisbane .

What's starting to stand out is how far behind we were in the last few years - a shambles really and no excuses .

And apart from Neeld , it's Misson and Craig as well that should get us firing on all cylinders at the start of the season . 3 big additions .

Thought it was interesting that Mark Neeld mentioned that Clark trains very hard - very telling considering he comes from lowly Brisbane .

What's starting to stand out is how far behind we were in the last few years - a shambles really and no excuses .

when i say Neeld always include Misson and Craig in that word!!

The cynic in me instantly went back to one of Clark's first interviews where he spoke of wanting to 'earn the trust of his new team mates'. Still, good on him. I feel it also goes to show how important it is to have real A-list stars and senior players around to set the pace. In spite of everything, Brisbane still has a couple of those, whereas we're in pretty short supply.

Reading some of these articles makes me amazed that we actually did as well as we did last year! Talk about a shonky outfit (off-field/FD) ...

The cynic in me instantly went back to one of Clark's first interviews where he spoke of wanting to 'earn the trust of his new team mates'. Still, good on him. I feel it also goes to show how important it is to have real A-list stars and senior players around to set the pace. In spite of everything, Brisbane still has a couple of those, whereas we're in pretty short supply.

Reading some of these articles makes me amazed that we actually did as well as we did last year! Talk about a shonky outfit (off-field/FD) ...

Yeah good points bing , re Clark .Though it does sound like we're coming from a fair way back - You can catch up quick with the right attitude.

As for facilities , I'm reminded of that Glenn Archer comment " A 20kg dumbbell weighs the same at Arden st as it does at the (then) Lexus centre"

And if you saw that Robbie Flower interview with Mike Sheahan earlier this year he talked about how pitiful the facilities were at the Junction oval at the start of the Northey era - lots of Finals in those years from memory .

Neeld's stance is very welcome in my view and long over due. I wonder now, for those of us that had the temerity to question DB and his football department, whether we are somewhat vindicated now.

Neeld's assessment of some in the squad, as reported, would seem to suggest so. No doubt, DB is a terrific fella, but not what we needed at our stage of development in 2011.

Onwards and upwards I say

It is interesting, because Neeld has made no secret IMO of his opinion of Bailey. It's clear he thinks Bailey provided an armchair for our senior players, was not demanding enough on them physically and basically was not in the modern game.

Neeld admits himself that talk is cheap, but he has done a bit of tough talking himself!!! What will be interesting is to see whether he will back it up if blokes like Davey, Watts, etc don't work hard enough. Here's hoping he does.

It is interesting, because Neeld has made no secret IMO of his opinion of Bailey. It's clear he thinks Bailey provided an armchair for our senior players, was not demanding enough on them physically and basically was not in the modern game.

Neeld admits himself that talk is cheap, but he has done a bit of tough talking himself!!! What will be interesting is to see whether he will back it up if blokes like Davey, Watts, etc don't work hard enough. Here's hoping he does.

Anything he says will be juxtaposed against Bailey but that does not mean he is casting judgement.

Why bother.

Geelong and about 8 other sides judged us in 2011...

• Like 2

The essential I take out of much of what Neeld is saying /doing is simply this. He doesnt really care much about what was happening at MElbourne before he got there hes only focused on what WILL happen now he IS there.

As rpfc suggests it will be others who wil clamber to make or invent comparisons for whatever motives drive them.

The essential I take out of much of what Neeld is saying /doing is simply this. He doesnt really care much about what was happening at MElbourne before he got there hes only focused on what WILL happen now he IS there.

As rpfc suggests it will be others who wil clamber to make or invent comparisons for whatever motives drive them.

i agree. What has happened in the past has no relevance to Mark Neeld. We are all screaming about our poor culture. Well guess what...HE IS DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

I am going to enjoy this summer, as will the players who really want to achieve. ]

Yeah good points bing , re Clark .Though it does sound like we're coming from a fair way back - You can catch up quick with the right attitude .

As for facilities , I'm reminded of that Glenn Archer comment " A 20kg dumbbell weighs the same at Arden st as it does at the (then) Lexus centre"

And if you saw that Robbie Flower interview with Mike Sheahan earlier this year he talked about how pitiful the facilities were at the Junction oval at the start of the Northey era - lots of Finals in those years from memory .

but they probably waited their turn at Arden st and junction oval cos there not enough weights to go around

but they probably waited their turn at Arden st and junction oval cos there not enough weights to go around

Don't doubt that for a second Satan .

Neeld has already talked about contested football and the importance of it .

A bit of 1 on 2 in any park with a reasonable surface will help players lift in this area .

Edited by Nuggets

Its a lot like 1953 if you read "The Red Fox" we will see a new team in 2012 that is for sure. Loving this. We are now measuring ourselves against the best and meaning it.

And i thought i was alone thinking this guy's approach to football reminded me of someone

Cant wait to see the game plan

Cudos to Stynes, Lyon & co for their wisdom in going after and getting Neeld.

He is a powerful breath of totally fresh air and don't the players in particular, need it?

He doesn't give a f**k about previous years, coaches or players. He cannot change that.

He is only interested in today and thereafter. These are the things he CAN change and is already doing so rapidly.

There will be casualties on and off the field but this makes it even more exciting IMO.

Players who choose to wimp it wont be wearing our famous guernsey anymore.

Staff who don't perform will be shown the door. Perform, perform, perform or leave!

Excuses for poor efforts will no longer be heard. Excuses don't get you results!

Hardness on field will be the 1st priority, timidness will never again be tolerated.

Improvement is already demanded and expected by all, on and off field.

Work rates will increase across the whole club, with player's improvement and the resultant success, being the reward given.

I hope the resolve and toughness already shown by Neeld gets even bigger and too bad to the players who choose not to fully embrace this ideology.

"The dawning of excitement has arrived"!

Edited by Still Waiting

Quite a few players were getting games last year based on standing (salary, captaincy, experience, etc.) and not so much on form. I prefer the ruthless approach and making it clear nobody is above being dropped. Don't just make up numbers, do everything you can to earn and keep your spot in the best 22. It's the way things should be. Bailey was far too nice and conservative to enforce something like this, I think we got the right guy in Neeld.

Quite a few players were getting games last year based on standing ......................

Watts for one was getting game time because "the young players needed to get games into them". I was never convinced, BUT who else do you play? There is/was not a lot of players knocking on the door. "Getting a game because you deserve it" is a cliche dependent on there being (suitable/adequate) players available.

Seems Neeld has a "crash through or crash" view on things. Interesting times ahead.

Ed.: spelling

If Neeld refuses to buckle, and doesnt play blokes who refuse to chase their opponent, dont go in hard, or simply squib it, what sort of trade do you think we will get for Jurrah at the end of the year?

I was at the essendon game this year, and a hard coach would not have played him in the seniors for the rest of the year. I was sickened by how gutless he was. Simply refuses to go body on body with anyone, regardless of size.

I would love to see him playing for Casey, after a single performance like that.