Melbourne's 2012 Marquee match

bush demon

http://www.heraldsun...f-1226176663053

described by the HS sports writer as a 'marquee match'. This blockbuster will be lucky to get 12,000.

Whoops, "2012".

I would think that if we are going okay by that stage of the season there will be a fair interest in this game. I imagine all Dee's supporters will be eager to get along and vent some spleen at $kullky. I imagine there may be a little neutral interest too. However, agree that there is no way this is a 'marquee' game.

Memo to Trengove.....keep practicing your sling tackle ;)

• Like 1

Memo to Trengove.....keep practicing your sling tackle ;)

Unfortunately we know the outcome of 'some' sling tackles.

I'll settle for a legitimate bone-jarring-crunch that dishes out a red vest early in the game.

• Like 1

Unfortunately we know the outcome of 'some' sling tackles.

I'll settle for a legitimate bone-jarring-crunch that dishes out a red vest early in the game.

relay memo to Tappy !!

• Like 3

http://www.heraldsun...f-1226176663053

described by the HS sports writer as a 'marquee match'. This blockbuster will be lucky to get 12,000.

Whoops, "2012".

I guess the HUN and the AFL will be doing all they can to promote this as some sort of grudge match to try to get some fans to the game; I doubt it will work.

All it is to me is 4 points; I've gone way past Scully.

If he does play against us, I just hope the players don't give him anything remotely close to the affection Geelong players showed Ablett this year.

That is absolutley not warranted in my eyes.

If he does play against us, I just hope the players don't give him anything remotely close to the affection Geelong players showed Ablett this year.

Totally we should not have any love for him... i want to see some rough and tough plays on the little bugger

Edited by PRIME

Hopefully that R13 game v GWS is at the MCG and not Etihad.

See we've got the bye the week before in R12 - following QBW v Collingwood.

That means no bye following Darwin.

Edited by old55

yep...how I read it also.

It's not that bad up at Darwin that time of year weather wise. If anything, it might mean the difference between a 15 goal victory compared to a 20.

But yes, there's always a catch 22...

If I recall, the first time the two played against each other Trenners broke TS's nose.

"Bloody rip snorter" Do it again pls, with controlled aggression, doesn't have to b Trenners either, maybe a flying "Ranga" tackle, or a high soaring Jurrah using his head as the last step up, (higher than Smith?), OR Frawley just running right thru him like he's NEVER been here at ALL.......just dreaming.....lol

No chance. Didn't a few of the boys laugh when $ully tripped over in the car park one day?

At least Ablett acheived something with his team mates. $ully showed nothing but contempt for his team mates. They do have a reason to hate him after flying the flag for him all year- just to have him skip out on us and not even have the gumption to tell us to our faces of his impending abandonment. And that's what it was- an abandonment.. didn't even come to say goodbye, or thanks for the development and help with the bung knee.

In short he is a user!

Scully and his family are totally discredited. The match is meaningless outside 4 points. Having said that, I will be going to the first GWS game with Sydney supporting mates and will be letting the spotty little creep know exactly what I think of him and his 30 pieces if silver.

Melbourne is going a lot further than GWS - which is basically a group of feral pigs gorging themselves at the AFL trough.

The players defended and stuck up for Scully in practically every interview throughout 2011. Now I'm not one to hold or encourage a grudge, but I have absolutely no problem with retribution and hope to see a few of the players rough him up.

Scully and his family are totally discredited. The match is meaningless outside 4 points. Having said that, I will be going to the first GWS game with Sydney supporting mates and will be letting the spotty little creep know exactly what I think of him and his 30 pieces if silver.

Melbourne is going a lot further than GWS - which is basically a group of feral pigs gorging themselves at the AFL trough.

It will be interesting to see if his teammates hold him and his family in the same contempt as he held our club.

Couple of years of uninspiring football could see some sort of revolt and several big name GW$ officials responsible for recruiting him get the ass.

Guest Shirt Front

Who really cares about redemption? As supporters this is such a negative attitude to have. Neeld is right “It is all about attitude”!!!!! Positive attitude.

I would rather see us go out and win the game and the one after that, and the next until we are winning more games than losing. Let’s play good, solid, hard football and not worry about who has left the club and for what reason and lets start winning some games. Let the players put all their mental effort into winning the game instead of redemption.

I bet Neeld doesn’t give a rat’s a@r#s%e who he is or what he did. He wants to turn this club around and so do I. Get over it.

No. It's not that simple and it's not a negative attitude.

I'm well over it too but I will be disappointed if the boys don't show a real disdain toward him next year. Neeld is a bloke who's played and coached at the highest level and knows that scores need to be settled one way or another. If the boys went out there with the intent of NOT showing how they, the club and the vast majority of supporters feel, then that would be like a dagger in the heart.

Guest Shirt Front

It is simple. Win the game and that will be the dagger. The boys will show him the respect he deserves by winning the contest, winning the ball, winning the game. Anyone can run through the guy, any player can snap him in half, however if we lose the game it is all for nothing.

Think big picture.

Geelong was no doubt upset by Ablett's actions; similar to how we are feeling with Scully. They dealt with it on the field. Not by smashing him as a person. By winning the game, by winning the comp. We have to have that ruthless attitude, no matter how we are treated. Smash them around the ground, on the score board. That is how we will get back at people.

Let’s not turn the club into a bunch of thugs, let’s make hard, ruthless, footballers and win a flag or 10 FFS.

Forget Scully, forget the money, get over it, it’s finished, move on. Let’s win flags together. Then we will see who is laughing.

I applaud your passion and enthusiasm, however we need to be smart, calculated and results will come.

GO DEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

It is simple. Win the game and that will be the dagger. The boys will show him the respect he deserves by winning the contest, winning the ball, winning the game. Anyone can run through the guy, any player can snap him in half, however if we lose the game it is all for nothing.

Think big picture.

Geelong was no doubt upset by Ablett's actions; similar to how we are feeling with Scully. They dealt with it on the field. Not by smashing him as a person. By winning the game, by winning the comp. We have to have that ruthless attitude, no matter how we are treated. Smash them around the ground, on the score board. That is how we will get back at people.

Let’s not turn the club into a bunch of thugs, let’s make hard, ruthless, footballers and win a flag or 10 FFS.

Forget Scully, forget the money, get over it, it’s finished, move on. Let’s win flags together. Then we will see who is laughing.

I applaud your passion and enthusiasm, however we need to be smart, calculated and results will come.

GO DEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Agree. Winning the game and being ruthless at every contest in the process, playing for one another with few errors will do me. And if TS is there in the way I'd expect our players to go as hard as what they should at anytime.