NEW COACHES

jayceebee31

A handful of VFL people claiming Fev is up to AFL (and could help win a flag, no less!) doesn't change the fact he has proved over and over and over and over again that he is a cancer.

It's not a bloke who has stuffed up once, and then changed.

Not even twice.

He has stuffed up 700 times, each time proclaiming he has seen the error of his ways and changed, only to one-up himself a little while later.

Some people deserve another shot.

He doesn't.

So what exactly has he done lutz? Any mor than the average 20-30 year old? Other than a serious gambling problem which many many people have he is only guilty of repeated minor adolescent stupidity. I can guarantee I have done many more drunken stupid things (as has most local level footballing males) than what Fev has. Seriously - he wore a strap on to a mad Monday, he [censored] on wall outside a restaurant in chapel street woopdy doo, hardly major offences, quite probably if you add up everything he did it might actually add up to a good Saturday night. Carlton really are the ones at fault for for not pulling his head into gear to be able to prepare himself as an elite footballer.

I don't know Fev but I'm sick to death of this Fev is a cancer, holier than thou crap. I wish every in the media adopted this policy - let those without sins cast the first stones......

• Like 1

So what exactly has he done lutz? Any mor than the average 20-30 year old? Other than a serious gambling problem which many many people have he is only guilty of repeated minor adolescent stupidity. I can guarantee I have done many more drunken stupid things (as has most local level footballing males) than what Fev has. Seriously - he wore a strap on to a mad Monday, he [censored] on wall outside a restaurant in chapel street woopdy doo, hardly major offences, quite probably if you add up everything he did it might actually add up to a good Saturday night. Carlton really are the ones at fault for for not pulling his head into gear to be able to prepare himself as an elite footballer.

I don't know Fev but I'm sick to death of this Fev is a cancer, holier than thou crap. I wish every in the media adopted this policy - let those without sins cast the first stones......

absolutely spot on the money there mate, he has a few too many and likes too show of to hes mates a bit, geez i dont see that down my footy club every saturday....

absolutely spot on the money there mate, he has a few too many and likes too show of to hes mates a bit, geez i dont see that down my footy club every saturday....

If the journo at the Brownlow didn't wish to continue her career in the footy business, Fev's career would have ended already.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/claims-of-sexual-assault-against-fevola-20091009-gqc9.html

Not everything was 'lovable larrikin' antics...

He's deserves forgiveness but not charity.

A club will have to decide whether it is at that latter stage now.

Edited by rpfc

A handful of VFL people claiming Fev is up to AFL (and could help win a flag, no less!) doesn't change the fact he has proved over and over and over and over again that he is a cancer.

Not even twice.

He has stuffed up 700 times, each time proclaiming he has seen the error of his ways and changed, only to one-up himself a little while later.

He doesn't.

700 times? Name them...

If the journo at the Brownlow didn't wish to continue her career in the footy business, Fev's career would have ended already.

http://news.smh.com....91009-gqc9.html

Not everything was 'lovable larrikin' antics...

He's deserves forgiveness but not charity.

A club will have to decide whether it is at that latter stage now.

I can't see where anyone in the pro-Fev camp are treating him as a charity case. Are they forgiving him? I'm not sure of that either. What I am sure of is that there has been a positive response to the way Fev has handled himself over the past 12 months, and from all reports his influence at VFL level has helped, not hindered, the development of some players down there. If an AFL club believe he can still play at the highest level, which I have no doubt he would be able to, then they would have to decide if they want to offer Feve the opportunity.

Personally, and I apologise in advance to KC and others, but the sooner the AFL goes back to the days of a true Melbourne Seniors and Reserves outfit, and have no alignment with the VFL, the better we, especially Melbourne, will be. It's my personal opinion - will probably get challenged - I don't care!

I'd love to see Fev get another chance because he is a player I've always loved to hate and watch. I just don't want to see him in a Melbourne jumper. Off-field antics aside, a 30+ year old FF is not what we need.

Not even twice.

He doesn't.

You make it sound like he murdered someone. Perhaps he shouldn't be an AFL player because there's too much of a risk that he'll relapse, but I and others feel that he should be given as many chances to become a better person as he needs. I understand that not everyone feels that way, and I certainly don't want to change your opinion about that.

If he asked you for help to be become a better person, you'd be under no obligation to do so. Nor would I, but I would try to help him all the same. The fact that Casey seems to feel that the time spent on him is worth it is admirable.

Personally, and I apologise in advance to KC and others, but the sooner the AFL goes back to the days of a true Melbourne Seniors and Reserves outfit, and have no alignment with the VFL, the better we, especially Melbourne, will be. It's my personal opinion - will probably get challenged - I don't care!

Did I read somewhere a month or so ago that Essendon were looking at having their own VFL team ? Or was it Carlton ?

Did I read somewhere a month or so ago that Essendon were looking at having their own VFL team ? Or was it Carlton ?

Essendon

Guest Thomo

To say that Fev acts like the average young bloke is exactly his problem. To play in a professional sport he must act like a professional sportsman. Physically and mentally he is not up to it.

• Like 1

Essendon

Is it for any particular reason?

I guess it's a bit of a dilema for a club such as Melbourne. Do we go out "on our own", or do we continue on with the likes of Casey. The obvious reasons for the alignment is the branding that we have in that demographic area, with the main goal of attracting new members, and with our increasing membership numbers, the work that is being done is obviously doing its job.

On the other hand, having a Melbourne reserves team, one that we control, and can elect to play at the MCG prior to the senior games, would this then have a positive impact in terms of crowd numbers?

I know times change, etc, but in the 80's and early 90's, going to watch 2 games of footy was quite a big drawcard.

To say that Fev acts like the average young bloke is exactly his problem. To play in a professional sport he must act like a professional sportsman. Physically and mentally he is not up to it.

Absolute garbage Thomo. What he does away from the club is irrelevant. AFL footballers are well paid because they good at playing football. Just because you get the chance top lay at the highest level doesn't make you an angel, it doesn't make you a role model for the kiddies. The media and the marketing guys do that and expect you to conform to what makes them more money! How many elite level sportsmen out there were (or are) dead set scholars, they are generally the guys not doing schoolwork, going out and getting drunk on weekends at 15 years of age, but all of a sudden we expect footballers to be mother Theresa. No. If we want to succeed at football - you need a bit of good old fashioned mongrel, which is mutually exclusive from what the marketing guys want.

Professional sportsmen all over the world have a degree of FIGJAM, are serial womanisers, generally binge drink (in or out of season), enjoy a punt, and have many other character flaws that we the general public decree is unacceptable because they are 'professional sportsmen'.... Get into the athletes village at the Olympics and see what professional athletes get up to....

I'm not saying we should get Fev to the dee's as he probably isn't the right fit for us, but hold on he is no worse than many of the 'professional' athletes you must think are just heavenly creatures

• Like 1

I know times change, etc, but in the 80's and early 90's, going to watch 2 games of footy was quite a big drawcard.

I used to love the reserves. We would get to the G at about half-time in the reserves, and watch a game and a half of football. One of the things that is forgotten in this argument is that the reserve game allieviated any form of queue to get in. People arrived in dribs and drabs from about 11AM onwards, and anybody could just walk up and gain almost instant admittance.

I used to love the reserves. We would get to the G at about half-time in the reserves, and watch a game and a half of football. One of the things that is forgotten in this argument is that the reserve game allieviated any form of queue to get in. People arrived in dribs and drabs from about 11AM onwards, and anybody could just walk up and gain almost instant admittance.

i just loved the fact you could watch your young players too and see how there travelling, i like most here go off who got the best at casey and what other people who love there footy more then me dont get to see them actually play, playing local footy myself i struggle at times to get to melbourne games and unless casey are playing the northern bullants at preston on a sunday i have no hope of seeing them go at it

He's actually a human being trying to learn from his mistakes. That's how I'd like to paint it.

I'm reticent in adding this but seeing Fev out at The Precinct in Richmond last Friday night, although there was no issues, didn't look like a man learning from his mistakes. I know it is off season he can do what he wants blah blah blah but a man trying to get back into AFL with his litany of issues relating to alcohol it doesn't add up for mine.

In the same breath a number MFC coaches were all catching up, including Neitz, earlier in the same evening over a beer at a pub down the road.

Interesting to see on Dan Nicholson's twitter;

"You no you have a new fitness coach when, the balls of your feet are pretty much one big blister.! #thedeathofme"

Seems Mr Misson is making them do a bit of work...

Can someone tweet back and tell him to go to a podiatrist and get the dead skin from his feet removed - which, having no knowledge of what his feet are like, I would wager be the major cause of the blisters.

I honestly thought that the club would be doing something as simple as this surely?

Can someone tweet back and tell him to go to a podiatrist and get the dead skin from his feet removed - which, having no knowledge of what his feet are like, I would wager be the major cause of the blisters.

I honestly thought that the club would be doing something as simple as this surely?

Usually dead skin on your feet protects you from developing blisters. I don't know if you've ever done a lot of running or if you were in the army, but the less skin on your feet, the less protected you are from blisters. If you ever get a blister, the best thing you can do is protect it from further friction but avoid damaging the blister in any way (like removing it, for example). In about a week or so, what was once a blister will become a callus, which is like an immovable band-aid (of dead skin) protecting the area from becoming damaged again. This is a good thing.

Ideally, you would increase your load slowly so your feet don't get blistered and you develop a callouse the normal way (slow thickening of the skin around the affected area), but sometimes this doesn't happen.

Edited by Chook

Usually dead skin on your feet protects you from developing blisters. I don't know if you've ever done a lot of running or if you were in the army, but the less skin on your feet, the less protected you are from blisters. If you ever get a blister, the best thing you can do is protect it from further friction but avoid damaging the blister in any way (like removing it, for example). In about a week or so, what was once a blister will become a callus, which is like an immovable band-aid (of dead skin) protecting the area from becoming damaged again. This is a good thing.

Ideally, you would increase your load slowly so your feet don't get blistered and you develop a callouse the normal way (slow thickening of the skin around the affected area), but sometimes this doesn't happen.

Chook = quack? (meant in a complimentary way)

We used to toughen up our feet before hand by regularly applying metho to our feet (thats metho NOT Meth)

Absolute garbage Thomo. What he does away from the club is irrelevant. AFL footballers are well paid because they good at playing football. Just because you get the chance top lay at the highest level doesn't make you an angel, it doesn't make you a role model for the kiddies. The media and the marketing guys do that and expect you to conform to what makes them more money! How many elite level sportsmen out there were (or are) dead set scholars, they are generally the guys not doing schoolwork, going out and getting drunk on weekends at 15 years of age, but all of a sudden we expect footballers to be mother Theresa. No. If we want to succeed at football - you need a bit of good old fashioned mongrel, which is mutually exclusive from what the marketing guys want.

Professional sportsmen all over the world have a degree of FIGJAM, are serial womanisers, generally binge drink (in or out of season), enjoy a punt, and have many other character flaws that we the general public decree is unacceptable because they are 'professional sportsmen'.... Get into the athletes village at the Olympics and see what professional athletes get up to....

I'm not saying we should get Fev to the dee's as he probably isn't the right fit for us, but hold on he is no worse than many of the 'professional' athletes you must think are just heavenly creatures

Carlscum covered up many of Fev continual misdemeaners for a good 10 years before they fed him to the wolves on Brownlow night. Not really bad stuff , but enough to infringe on player list harmony. This comes from a lawyer friend who has financially backed the club for decades. When the Paddle Pop Lions recruited him this same friend could not believe they would be so stupid. This does not excuse what happened on brownlow night btw, the TV stations should have shown far more responsibility.