Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club is/has been pathetic

The supporters are honest punters who only have best intentions and are continually let down.

Jeez, you are putting both feet on the brakes now aren't you?!

Yeah, the club has its issues, they won't be fixed by razing the whole place.

There are those of us who are looking at solutions, the way forward, it's healthy.

This year hasn't been great and it might not get better in the very short term, but don't tell me there isn't a way out.

Because we will do nothing more than prove you wrong and rub your face in it.

(That line isn't directed at anyone, unless you believe it should be directed at you...)

The club is/has been pathetic

The supporters are honest punters who only have best intentions and are continually let down.

How do you reconcile that with your earlier statement: "We're happy being pathetic, supporters accept it not many have the guts to challenge it." A career in politics awaits.

West Coast won't draft players unless they'll agree to an initial 3 year contract. It can be done.

BS Gaff only signed for 2 years as did Darling, Darling just signed an extension to his contract last week

How do you reconcile that with your earlier statement: "We're happy being pathetic, supporters accept it not many have the guts to challenge it." A career in politics awaits.

The dude said it best: I! The Royal "we"! You know, the editorial.

when I said we're I meant 'club'

I mistakenly don't differentiate between the (club) and (me)and (Supporters)and (we) being separate entities

written correctly with absolute proper grammar

"The club is happy being pathetic; supporters accept it, not many have the guts to challenge it.'

"The club is happy being pathetic; supporters accept it, not many have the guts to challenge it.'

Oh, I understood the sentence in its original form, but I'm still have trouble understanding how you can reconcile a statement that essentially calls the supporters gutless and accepting of failure, with: "honest punters who only have best intentions and are continually let down."

BS Gaff only signed for 2 years as did Darling, Darling just signed an extension to his contract last week

Really? Crap! I thought I read it somewhere, but I can't seem to find any info on it though. My mistake.

A strong club doesn't loose a number 1 draft pick and runner up in rising star

A strong club doesn't loose their potential best player

A club with leadership doesn't put up with this farce

A club hopeful of retaining a player doesn't sell it as the place to be by loosing by 186 points

The naivety of Scully sympathisers extraordinary

This saga is the truest reflection of ourselves and our inability to achieve on field

success. Now our inability to retain talent has us going backwards even faster.

'Use the Scully picks on ready made talent' What a joke!!!

We have no chance of attracting anyone or getting anyone to commit to us

What's the selling point come join the bruise free demons who loose by 186 points.

Put a plastic sheet on the bed first Diablo

No need to ruin a good bed too..........rip

Only a few years ago, we were on the edge of the survival cliff again, and staring at an uncertain future.

Things have been turned around remarkedly.

You don't go from being on the brink of oblivion to on and off field perfection in such a short space of time.

The problems the club faced were huge.........but there's only one way to eat an elephant.......in thin slices!

The elephant is only half eaten, and unfortunately there's been some indigestion along the way, but the new MFC has an appetite having been starved for so long, and they will get the job done!

Think of the Scully dilemma as the MFC having swallowed a chicken bone, which is causing a little discomfort, but will be coughed up shortly.

It really make little difference if he stays or goes.............number 1 draft picks don't equal premierships......smart recruiting, coaching, resources, etc etc do.

A Judd-less Eagles are top 4, as are an Ablett-less Cats.

The future is bright with or without the chicken bone!

The dude said it best: I! The Royal "we"! You know, the editorial.

when I said we're I meant 'club'

I mistakenly don't differentiate between the (club) and (me)and (Supporters)and (we) being separate entities

So we accept our club being 'pathetic' do we?!

It's supporters with your maudlin and desolate attitude that is the problem.

If all you see is doom, then you don't see a path out of the gloom.

It could be worse.We could be losing Jack Trengove instead.(Always look on the bright side.....)

I would love another JT or his ilk. I am just tired of all this hand wringing and speculation.

I have no doubt Tom Scully will be a great player, but whether he becomes another Ablett or Judd clearly remains to be seen. He has gone, its done and dusted, so let's get on with it and look forward, not back.

To paraphrase Hamlet, alas poor Tom, I knew him well............... or at least, I did but see him passing by.

Edited by iv'a worn smith

Only a few years ago, we were on the edge of the survival cliff again, and staring at an uncertain future.

You don't go from being on the brink of oblivion to on and off field perfection in such a short space of time.

The problems the club faced were huge.........but there's only one way to eat an elephant.......in thin slices!

The elephant is only half eaten, and unfortunately there's been some indigestion along the way, but the new MFC has an appetite having been starved for so long, and they will get the job done!

Think of the Scully dilemma as the MFC having swallowed a chicken bone, which is causing a little discomfort, but will be coughed up shortly.

It really make little difference if he stays or goes.............number 1 draft picks don't equal premierships......smart recruiting, coaching, resources, etc etc do.

Thats gold!

Thanks for that Jerry Maguire!

Sorry, but your analogy has one major flaw... since when do elephants have chicken bone?

Put a plastic sheet on the bed first Diablo

No need to ruin a good bed too..........rip

I have tried to stay out of this thread as what has to be said has been said ad nauseam.

But that response made me LOL. You have a dark side Daisy that you should have dealt with.

And while I am at it.....you are fighting the sensible fight rpfc.

So we accept our club being 'pathetic' do we?!

It's supporters with your maudlin and desolate attitude that is the problem.

If all you see is doom, then you don't see a path out of the gloom.

Right on the nail's head. The perpetual negativity of some posters on this forum is the grreatest downer MFC faces.

Read what I said.

Journalists said:

Scully was a target - Correct

Contract on offer was 5 years - Correct

Contract was $5m over 5 years - correct

This information came out months ago so were they right or wrong?

Now where did I mention the other players?

Nowhere - correct.

Comprehension; look it up.

Sorry to take you to task but how do you know the contract on offer is 5 years and it is $5M over 5 years - journo's are now talking $6M which again proves nobody knows. As the GWS CEO said yesterday if some of the figures bandied about GS would need a cap of $20M - his words.

So again - you are calling correct the words of journo's not the words of the actual paticipants. The only given that all parties are agreeing is that an offer has been put to Scully.

This elephant swallowed a chicken! :-)

Ok, then that makes perfect sense; and in addition, it refutes Diablo Demons' claim that the club and supporters are gutless (an assertion for which I have already taken him to tusk) - we're eating every scrap of that elephant.

West Coast won't draft players unless they'll agree to an initial 3 year contract. It can be done.

Probably can be done, but cant force them to. It creates a problem if the out and out best player is out there and only wants to sign for the minimum (as is his right) and you have the number 1 pick. You either take the best player (i.e. Kruezer in his year) or you take a lesser player because they sign for an extra year.....

The club in my opinion has to take best avaiable every time and back themselves to convince the player their future is at that club. Back the culture....

Good post a lot of the good work by the club recently gets lost in the Scully negativity

If Tom goes to GWS, and good luck to him if he does, then his appointment as captain would tell me a lot about the process that saw him go there.

A very interesting comment from one of the Big Daddies of Demonland (some of whom have remained curiously quiet throughout this whole saga/farce).

Care to elaborate WJ?

A very interesting comment from one of the Big Daddies of Demonland (some of whom have remained curiously quiet throughout this whole saga/farce).

Care to elaborate WJ?

Why?

Do you see a 'nexus'?

Or is there 'logic' there that we don't see and you can't expalin?

The MFC doesn't dissolve because of this, we show our resolve because of this.

Now this is a sentiment Rpfc, that I am on the same page as you with.

This is going to be more than a little traumatic for us as a club, seeing Sheeds sit there smugly with our no.1 draft pick draped in a charcoal tracksuit. We'll never live it down from our mates who support other clubs, particularly Toiges supporters who will forever be reminding us that they were able to secure Dustin but we couldn't hold on to our boy.

This season, we've effectively found out that we weren't nearing base camp at all. Scully's departure just puts the cherry on the fact that we are in fact still a 45 kilometre uphill walk away from it with heavy packs on our backs.

We thought we had it all worked out, with our cute little whiteboard formulas. Bottom out, copy what Geelong did and rack up the high draft picks, put the souffle in the oven voila! Right? ..... Wrong.

It's a bitter pill to have to swallow, but perhaps one this club needs to if it is ever going to rid itself of this soft underbelly that has been our curse for as long as I have been following the club (25 years). No doubt much longer for the older gents among us.

We've been soft and now we've been shafted. Let's suck it up as a club, hold it in the pit of our guts and make sure that we turn this negative experience into a crucible from which we emerge as a tough, resolute group who will stop at nothing to reach the summit.

A lot of the hard work has already been done by Stynes and co. But it's now time to show the footy world that we truly are worthy of the title ... Demons.

We can do that. With or without one Tom Scully.

Edited by Range Rover