Coburg Tigers v Casey Scorpions

KC from Casey

Fevola... definitely trimmer than earlier in the year. Is a bit lazy, and does get the sulks occasionally... but, he still moves really quickly in the first 10-20m of a lead. I'll probably cop a barrage for saying this, but I'd love to see him in the red and blue from 2012. Seriously, we are crying out for a target like him in our forward line, and he will cost nothing. In a compromised draft (which is shallow too, by all reports) why not use a 3rd or 4th round pick on him? Sign him up on a conditions based contract like Cousins was at Richmond and if he stuffs up, he is out the door. I know he has done wrong, but he is a good bloke deep down, just with Demon's (pardon the pun) in his past. GET HIM PLEASE!

I'm all for him, we lose nothing over recruiting him. I'd love to have someone that guaranteed not to stream down the ground.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!

He will either be a list clogger stopping the development of up and comers at Casey, or kicking goals for the Dees and stopping the development of up and coming players in the seniors!

Or, he might win finals games for us in 2012. He can retire when cook/Fitzpatrick/watts is ready to take the full forward position. Anyhow, he is guaranteed to be picked up by an afl club. Guaranteed!

He is a big game player that can win finals and maybe a premiership. Remember, he has only really played for Carlton who has never played in a proper finals campaign. He may be the difference. He has earned his penance.

Bring on fevola with a mid 40's draft pick.

First time I'd seen Casey this season... Northern suburbs bloke, so Coburg was nice and close to venture down and have a look.

McNamara looked really good and I'd love to see him have another crack at senior level... he looked really good running through the middle and linking up. I know he probably won't get his chance and will be delisted, but he really looks good in the midfield. Shame he wasn't tried there sooner in his career.

Jetta and Lawrence both played well in my eyes... held on to the ball a little too long on occasions, however their speed, and disposal were very good I thought. Really strong tackling and defensive pressure. Liked what I saw with both of them.

First time I'd really seen Fitzpatrick, and I was quite impressed. He is very agile and quick for a big bloke, and rotated between ruck and forward. Awkward shot on goal, but is effective enough. Also looks to have grown too, stood next to Spencer at 3Q time and looked equal in height. I agree with the wraps that he has recieved from blokes like Connolly. Could be a bit of diamond in the rough for us.

First time I'd also seen McDonald too. Still a bit raw I reckon, but has some real good size to him. Looking forward to a senior debut from him in the coming weeks hopefully if his emergency listing is anything to go by.

Fevola... definitely trimmer than earlier in the year. Is a bit lazy, and does get the sulks occasionally... but, he still moves really quickly in the first 10-20m of a lead. I'll probably cop a barrage for saying this, but I'd love to see him in the red and blue from 2012. Seriously, we are crying out for a target like him in our forward line, and he will cost nothing. In a compromised draft (which is shallow too, by all reports) why not use a 3rd or 4th round pick on him? Sign him up on a conditions based contract like Cousins was at Richmond and if he stuffs up, he is out the door. I know he has done wrong, but he is a good bloke deep down, just with Demon's (pardon the pun) in his past. GET HIM PLEASE!

Well the list managers kept Tom McNamara on in preference to Paul Johnson so they get a tick for that one.They obviously had some belief in him.I can't see that his form at Casey this year would have weakened that position. McNamara was the youngest player taken in the 2007 draft ,so still only 21 and a bit, is a bullocking 190cm midfielder in a club a bit short of that commodity.( Not quite big enough as a key defender but the change of role seems to have worked for him). Reckon his fate may rest with the Scully issue and maybe related dealings. The times I've seen him I've liked his no nonsense approach and I think you could do a lot worse than keeping him on.

I'm all for him, we lose nothing over recruiting him. I'd love to have someone that guaranteed not to stream down the ground.

Carlton and Brisbane said the same thing and....

And its great you like a player with no defensive side to his game. Works well in todays game.

Anyhow, he is guaranteed to be picked up by an afl club. Guaranteed!

He is a big game player that can win finals and maybe a premiership. Remember, he has only really played for Carlton who has never played in a proper finals campaign.

*Face Palm*

He is guaranteed something but not an AFL draft pick!! And there was good reason 2 clubs with serious AFL finals aspirations ditched him. And they were.....

LOL!

He will either be a list clogger stopping the development of up and comers at Casey, or kicking goals for the Dees and stopping the development of up and coming players in the seniors!

He may not be even kicking goals and still blocking others development.

Well the list managers kept Tom McNamara on in preference to Paul Johnson so they get a tick for that one.They obviously had some belief in him.I can't see that his form at Casey this year would have weakened that position. McNamara was the youngest player taken in the 2007 draft ,so still only 21 and a bit, is a bullocking 190cm midfielder in a club a bit short of that commodity.( Not quite big enough as a key defender but the change of role seems to have worked for him). Reckon his fate may rest with the Scully issue and maybe related dealings. The times I've seen him I've liked his no nonsense approach and I think you could do a lot worse than keeping him on.

I am not sure it was a choice. PJ was not AFL standard. And in 4 years, McNamara has done little to suggest he has it at AFL level. If I remember correctly he only has a rookie spot. I am not sure a bullocking defender who lacks pace is a wanted AFL commodity. I think his fate is doubtful with or with Scully.

It is interesting though, since they have in the past at least rated McNamara pretty highly, that he hasn't put in even a single appearance these last two years when the rest haven't exactly set the world on fire.

I think Adelaide were after him a couple of years ago but he showed loyalty and said he wanted to remain a Demon - pity that someone with that degree of loyalty doesn't look as if he will make it, or even get another opportunity to show his worth.

It sounds as if he has been remodelled from defence to the midfield - he would be surely worth at least a few games in the rest of this lost season so that they can decide yay or nay.

Edited by monoccular

I think Adelaide were after him a couple of years ago but he showed loyalty and said he wanted to remain a Demon - pity that someone with that degree of loyalty doesn't look as if he will make it, or even get another opportunity to show his worth.

That was Jordie McKenzie. Furthermore Adelaide were offering him a spot when he was still on our rookie list. Jordie's response? No thanks, I'm happy here and I'll stay on the rookie list so Melbourne can draft another player.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say I love Jordie McKenzie. Again. :wub:

That was Jordie McKenzie. Furthermore Adelaide were offering him a spot when he was still on our rookie list. Jordie's response? No thanks, I'm happy here and I'll stay on the rookie list so Melbourne can draft another player.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say I love Jordie McKenzie. Again. :wub:

Where was Maric? Looks like we had him, LJ, Nicholson, McDonald and Gawn not play as well as Campbell going down and of course our other injured players being unavailable and we lost by 15 points at Coburg. That is not a bad effort.

And its great you like a player with no defensive side to his game. Works well in todays game.

*Face Palm*

He is guaranteed something but not an AFL draft pick!! And there was good reason 2 clubs with serious AFL finals aspirations ditched him. And they were.....

I am not sure it was a choice. PJ was not AFL standard. And in 4 years, McNamara has done little to suggest he has it at AFL level. If I remember correctly he only has a rookie spot. I am not sure a bullocking defender who lacks pace is a wanted AFL commodity. I think his fate is doubtful with or with Scully.

I think fevola has learnt his lesson

Based on what exactly?

He kicked a lot of goals at Carlton and Brisbane too.

And he's now getting a similar output in the VFL, if not lower.

Idle minds...

Where was Maric? Looks like we had him, LJ, Nicholson, McDonald and Gawn not play as well as Campbell going down and of course our other injured players being unavailable and we lost by 15 points at Coburg. That is not a bad effort.

Could it be this time of year?

Contracted to End of 2011

Tom Scully

Addam Maric

Cale Morton

Matthew Warnock

Austin Wonaeamirri

Joel Macdonald???

Jack Fitzpatrick

Brad Green.......... (Upgraded to Veterans List)

Colin Sylvia

Stefan Martin

How would you know? He had so many fundamental issues to deal with on and off the ground regardng his football.

Fev would cost almost nothing. Sign him with a conditions-based contract.

It would longer than a phone book. Why would you bother?

Now come on Rhino... Fev hasn't been to vegas, nor caught playing the pokies in an old pub for nearly 6 months now...

Surely the man is absolved of all past crimes and a changed man?

If that won't do it, what will?

*Face Palm*

All he can do is perform in his revised midfield role which seems to be working for him. Just got home a little earlier from Etihad and it also occurred to me that he does have the capability to kick the ball quite well and long unlike a number today. We all have our favouries I guess.

My sources tell me that Fev has been in contact with Western Bulldogs since his comeback into footy. He says he is a 95% chance of going there. I think the Fev debarcle is over, because I for one would've loved him to play for us. Badly missed opportunity.