Stynes, Schwab, Connolly, Prendergast

Range Rover

I want answers!!!

The supporters of the MFC have been embarrassed we have stuck fat with this [censored] of a club that has gone so bad we have actually had an increasing membership.

We have all stuck threw the hard times.

Darwin game must be dropped if 2 weeks following we dish this [censored] than that's it we cant cop this crap.

I want someone from the board coaching department to come one here and officially apologise and make themselves available for some questioning.

I want to mail my scarf back to the club.

They have shamed the red and blue they have shamed me they have shamed themselves they have shamed the coach they have shamed our history

It was deplorable they have I cant abide this crap.

Schwab come on here and explain this what exactly is going on at our club we are a laughing stock

I want more from the side I support.

I'm gutted, I haven't cried in ages today I did

My heart cant beat true when it has been ripped the fark out.

Sack them all sack them now get the fark out of my club.

Edited by Diablo Deemon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that true about 37 goals. I knew we had taken the gold (and now silver) in greatest losing margin. Surely a VFL side has kicked more than 37 goals. I just started feeling a little better. Ughh

never before....that is why this is so serious, and nobody should be able to get away with this....

Reporter "Is there anything that's wrong within the team dynamic, or behind the scenes that should be outed, given what we have seen. Is there anything going on behind the scenes, anything to do with yourself. Is there anything we should know about"

Dean "UMMMMMMMMM, I'm, I'm, I'm not fully aware of the in-ference behind the question"

Reporter quickly changes topic....

Ah love it. Nice try by the reporter.

There's obviously some off field issues, there have been rumblings for months suggesting problems. It may not be that any of the people in place are necessarily bad at their jobs, but maybe the mix is just not right. It's clear from that press conference answer that there are issues in the background.

There are more deep rooted problems than our on-field efforts at the Melbourne Footy Club.

Honeymoon's over for these gentlemen.

You are kidding yourself RR, for once off field is not the issue. We were boys playing against men Geelong have a total game experience of roughly 3272 games for the players that played today, it was 1292 games experience for us! Cast you eye over the Geelong list and see how many players have played 150 or even 200+ games! At skilled stadium we were always going to get belted there as most teams do by 80+ points blind Freddie could have tipped that!

The disturbing thing is they didn't run it out and that comes from within. Maybe it's again because of there age, being on the end of some humiliating defeats is not always such a bad thing.

You are kidding yourself RR, for once off field is not the issue. We were boys playing against men Geelong have a total game experience of roughly 3272 games for the players that played today, it was 1292 games experience for us! Cast you eye over the Geelong list and see how many players have played 150 or even 200+ games! At skilled stadium we were always going to get belted there as most teams do by 80+ points blind Freddie could have tipped that!

The disturbing thing is they didn't run it out and that comes from within. Maybe it's again because of there age, being on the end of some humiliating defeats is not always such a bad thing.

I've always been in the "some really poor defeats are inevitable, just grit teeth and bear it" camp, but if a 31 goal defeat is seriously the best we can muster up then something is seriously broken. I think anyone who doesn't acknowledge hasn't really stopped to consider the gravity of this defeat.

I read your post twice and am still on the fence as to whether you're taking the pi$$ or not.

If you are, hats off. Very funny post.

Edited by Range Rover

Is Leigh Matthews available, interested in coaching again and willing to bring the mongrel needed to our club? There is a guy who will stop at nothing to acheive success and as an opponent I hated him but since I've been alive he has won 8 premierships and the MFC 0.

My thoughts exactly the other day regarding Matthews. Surely hes hungry again.

It's time for hustle to be put in the skinny kids muscles. Bring some mongrel into the club. Rod Grinter could be assistant [censored] all this other KPI, fuckin structure talk bull [censored]

I love what Jimmy, Schwab Connolly have done for the CLUB. It's not the club that worries me, it's the continual tragic form of our team. We are up and down like a honeymoon nightie, we fold against good teams, and now this. But these same off-field leaders now need to step up and demonstrate that they can be angry and tough when they need to. Up until about 6 weeks ago I was a Bailey fan and stuck to my guns. I now believe he must not be retained ans should depart this week if possible. And it is Jimmy and the club leaders who need to get in and give the footy department a good burst.

Another turncoat who thought that the sun shined up baileys crack horn. Been saying it since nth Melbourne loss & hit frigging bagged. Don't take offense bout the turn coat thing it's the guy that was with the honeymoon bride you mentioned. To see thru the clouds after terrific wins against Adelaide & Suns was a very difficult prospect. Sorry did I mention I ve been saying all yr and have been bagged on this site that Jurrah needs a rest or sidelined cos of form. Harsh decisions takes bals of which Bailey has fuckin none

Are you serious?? We got beaten by 31 goals.....NO TEAM HAS EVER KICKED 37 GOALS IN THE AFL BEFORE.

Stop making excuses, they do not cut it. We have problems inside... They must be found and Fixed.

I read your post twice and am still on the fence as to whether you're taking the pi$$ or not.

If you are, hats off. Very funny post.

I agree what a hoot the second worst defeat in the history of the game and he puts it down to inexperience, wow!

On topic i think there are some that should go and some that should stay, I don't under any circumstances want Jimmy to leave but i think that one of Connolly or Schwab should and i'd prefer Schwab to stay and keep is nose out of the football department, I doubt that Connolly can or will. Prendergast should go his record is very ordinary and as was said earlier there are plenty of teams that haven't bottomed out that have recruited as well as us. Trengove is a very good player and i hope they make him captain but there are plenty of other kids from that draft that will do equally as well. Scully was recruited as No.1 but he certainly isn't the best player from that draft, Martin and Hanneberry (sp?) are better , and he has a knee injury that was there when recruited and a problem with his disposal that may never get any better. Did Prendergast just read that he was the best in the draft or did he actually select him through merit?

We are crying out foe midfielders and go out and recruit skinny KPP's, go figure.

I've always been in the "some really poor defeats are inevitable, just grit teeth and bear it" camp, but if a 31 goal defeat is seriously the best we can muster up then something is seriously broken. I think anyone who doesn't acknowledge hasn't really stopped to consider the gravity of this defeat.

Yes, it's just awful.

Bailey should coach out the year and one of Roos, Malthouse, Clarkson, Eade, or Any other experienced coach should come in.

I feel for Dean and the club because the issues that we have won't leave with Dean.

I harp on this and I am becoming tiresome, I know, but our senior players would have to be the most pathetic in the league.

The quicker we move past them in all facets the better.

And the first thing is to kick anyone over 23 out of the leadership group.

(sigh)

If there is any consolation form this it is that the 'distraction' of the Tom Scully Saga is inconsequential to our problems...

Yes, it's just awful.

Bailey should coach out the year and one of Roos, Malthouse, Clarkson, Eade, or Any other experienced coach should come in.

I feel for Dean and the club because the issues that we have won't leave with Dean.

I harp on this and I am becoming tiresome, I know, but our senior players would have to be the most pathetic in the league.

The quicker we move past them in all facets the better.

And the first thing is to kick anyone over 23 out of the leadership group.

(sigh)

If there is any consolation form this it is that the 'distraction' of the Tom Scully Saga is inconsequential to our problems...

Roos has two kids in school in Sydney and has said he will not coach in Melbourne until at least 2014 when the have finished.

Malthouse has categorically denied he will go anywhere next year or the year after he has said he has no intention of leaving Collingwood and loves the club

Clarkson's manager has said he is not leaving Hawthorn and it is said that there is a handshake agreement in place

Eade is a possibility but is he the right one

Laidley may be spoken to but who knows there

Craig has said he wants to stay at Adelaide

Not sure who but we have to get someone that can instil some will to win in to the players. I know it can't be done but I would like to see all players over 25 delisted so we can get rid of the malaise that perpetuates in our club from one generation to the next.

I fail to see how Stynes or Schwab have been anything but beneficial to this club. Leave them out of it.

Connolly and Prendergast come under more pressure because of their closer connections to our on-field performances.

I still remain in the 'hindsight is wonderful' camp when it comes to recruiting. Yes, Morton, Strauss, Blease and Maric have been poor picks. In hindsight. But at the time no one was whinging about those calls, so I struggle to blame recruitment.

I blame coaching. I blame Bailey, and his assistants, and our team that work with the players. They have taken talented youth and failed to get them to reach their potential. Of course, part of the blame has to go to the players themselves, but the coaching simply hasn't been good enough.

You are kidding yourself RR, for once off field is not the issue. We were boys playing against men Geelong have a total game experience of roughly 3272 games for the players that played today, it was 1292 games experience for us! Cast you eye over the Geelong list and see how many players have played 150 or even 200+ games! At skilled stadium we were always going to get belted there as most teams do by 80+ points blind Freddie could have tipped that!The disturbing thing is they didn't run it out and that comes from within. Maybe it's again because of there age, being on the end of some humiliating defeats is not always such a bad thing.

Seriously???? Inexperience creates 31 goal defeats??? Where on earth did you come up with that idea, cause it's a doozie. There is not a single excuse for that shite we had to watch tonight. This is the first time in my life that I have watched a game and not even finished it. It is still on, but I'm not really watching. I can't watch. I have seen 3 quarters of malaise, 3 quarters of tactical ineptitude and 3 quarters of death. I can't focus on this anymore. This is not inexperience, not at all. There are issues, and they run deep. Anyone who denies this has their head stuck firmly where the sun don't shine. By christ I hope we have the intestinal fortitude to see through the next phase of the rebuild of our once great club, or it will be a club no more. We've a long way to go yet.

I fail to see how Stynes or Schwab have been anything but beneficial to this club. Leave them out of it.

Connolly and Prendergast come under more pressure because of their closer connections to our on-field performances.

I still remain in the 'hindsight is wonderful' camp when it comes to recruiting. Yes, Morton, Strauss, Blease and Maric have been poor picks. In hindsight. But at the time no one was whinging about those calls, so I struggle to blame recruitment.

I blame coaching. I blame Bailey, and his assistants, and our team that work with the players. They have taken talented youth and failed to get them to reach their potential. Of course, part of the blame has to go to the players themselves, but the coaching simply hasn't been good enough.

Stynes and Schwab play their role in approving who coaches the team. They are the top brass and they set the tone.

In football, business, politics, whatever ... your leaders have to take ultimate responsibility.

They've done some very good things, yes. But huge problems remain.

Let's see what they do about it. They can start by showing Bailey the door in the next 48 hours.

And yes, recruiting is a major, major issue. Enough of this rubbish about us having a very talented list. It's a myth!

Part of being talented as an AFL footballer is having courage, fight and an indomitable will to win.

If I hear one more time that Strauss has a laser left boot, I think I'll spew!

Edited by Range Rover

As sad as it makes me, Schwabby is gone and this will happen sooner rather than later, possibly in the coming days. The rumblings at board level have been going on for a while. Nail. Coffin. for at least 2 of the high profile people in the club.

Stynes and Schwab play their role in approving who coaches the team. They are the top brass and they set the tone.

In football, business, politics, whatever ... your leaders have to take ultimate responsibility.

Let's see what they do about it. They can start by showing Bailey the door in the next 48 hours.

And yes, recruiting is a major, major issue. Enough of this rubbish about us having a very talented list. It's a myth!

Part of being talented as an AFL footballer is having courage, fight and an indomitable will to win.

Strauss has a laser left boot..............(cue spew!)

You are very much a 'cake and eat it too' man RR.

You have absolutely no idea of the internal machianations of the club and for you to questions Stynes and Schwab in particular is farcical. I'm sure they have far more understanding of the internal workings of the club, and indeed how to run a club than any armchair expert or keyboard warrior around here.

You also love to pot Prendergast, yet conveniently forget picks like Rohan Bail, Max Gawn, Jordie McKenzie, Luke Tapscott. Once again, a cake and eating scenario. I bet you were in the Jamar and Frawley are hacks corner a few years ago too.

The football department, in particular the coaching panel is the real problem. The ability to develop these kids to their maximum potential is the problem. That is where the fix is needed.

Go out and get the absolute best coaching and player management people available, whatever the cost, to take this club forward...

As sad as it makes me, Schwabby is gone and this will happen sooner rather than later, possibly in the coming days. The rumblings at board level have been going on for a while. Nail. Coffin. for at least 2 of the high profile people in the club.

Care to elaborate on why a flogging on field has anything to do with the club axing their CEO?

Strauss has a laser left boot..............(cue spew!)

You are very much a 'cake and eat it too' man RR.

You have absolutely no idea of the internal machianations of the club and for you to questions Stynes and Schwab in particular is farcical. I'm sure they have far more understanding of the internal workings of the club, and indeed how to run a club than any armchair expert or keyboard warrior around here.

You also love to pot Prendergast, yet conveniently forget picks like Rohan Bail, Max Gawn, Jordie McKenzie, Luke Tapscott. Once again, a cake and eating scenario. I bet you were in the Jamar and Frawley are hacks corner a few years ago too.

The football department, in particular the coaching panel is the real problem. The ability to develop these kids to their maximum potential is the problem. That is where the fix is needed.

Go out and get the absolute best coaching and player management people available, whatever the cost, to take this club forward...

If a nation's economy founders, do you blame the finance minister or the president/prime minister who appointed him/her?

I don't need to be privy to the internal machinations to know something is not right at our club.

Join the dots ... all 186 of them.

If a nation's economy founders, do you blame the finance minister or the president/prime minister who appointed him/her?

I don't need to be privy to the internal machinations to know something is not right at our club.

Join the dots ... all 186 of them.

So you are a baby with the bath water guy too.

Something may not be right at the club. The coaching panel / football department perhaps?

But that doesn't mean you overthrow everyone and everything.

I love your passion mate. Believe me I feel it and bleed as much red and blue blood as you. But half the problems with this club have been the factional fighting and baby bath water mentality.

I instead will back Jimmy's philosophy of getting back up on your feet and fighting back...

So you are a baby with the bath water guy too.

Something may not be right at the club. The coaching panel / football department perhaps?

But that doesn't mean you overthrow everyone and everything.

I love your passion mate. Believe me I feel it and bleed as much red and blue blood as you. But half the problems with this club have been the factional fighting and baby bath water mentality.

I instead will back Jimmy's philosophy of getting back up on your feet and fighting back...

GrandsonOfaG, I never advocated ousting Stynes and co. So no, I'm not a baby out with bathwater guy.

I just want to see them DO SOMETHING about this fiasco and the parlous state of our on-field performances.

In that sense, there is more pressure on these off-field leaders now, no doubt about it.

Rip through the footy department with a godamned flame-thrower and get some quality people in there who actually know what the hell they're doing.

Restore some faith and honour to our proud club.

That's what we all want, surely.

Edited by Range Rover

GrandsonOfaG, I never advocated ousting Stynes and co. So no, I'm not a baby out with bathwater guy.

I just want to see them DO SOMETHING about this fiasco and the parlous state of our on-field performances.

In that sense, there is more pressure on these off-field leaders now, no doubt about it.

Rip through the footy department with a godamned flame-thrower and get some quality people in there who actually know what the hell they're doing.

Restore some faith and honour to our proud club.

That's what we all want, surely.

Yes. That is what we want....

Understand your argument, but still feel that Stynes and Schwab have had overall positive influences on this club. It's easy for us to point the finger at them for being at the top of the hierarchy but the fact remains that if it wasn't for those two, this club might not exist right now. I'd take a shitty existence like this over no existence at all.