SEN on Col Sylvia

jumbo returns

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sylvia is clearly holding the club to ransom.

It's definitely ultimatum time.

One single player isn't bigger than the club.

Why haven't we heard from him about his commitment to the Dees long term?

I don't think he even knows the words to our club song.

Play him at Casey until he signs!

Guest 36DD

Sylvia is clearly holding the club to ransom.

It's definitely ultimatum time.

One single player isn't bigger than the club.

Why haven't we heard from him about his commitment to the Dees long term?

I don't think he even knows the words to our club song.

Play him at Casey until he signs!

Holding the club to Ransom....and how do we know this???

Guest Gotzy15

I genuinely hope Col stays and i believe he is absolutely vital to our team and our structures.I absolutely love him to bits as a player and as a bloke. The issue i was trying to raise though comes back to that horrible word- potential.

As i stated before i think that Col should be in the elite of the elite category by now and mentioned in the same breath as Judd,Pendlebury,Swan,Murphy, Ablett etc. Hes shown glimpses of absolute brilliance but cant seem to maintain it for any length of time. I just dont understand why he goes missing at times and what is stopping him from achieving his full potential???

Guest 36DD

Wow.

Ok.

Sarcasm.

Relating to Scully situation.

Whoosh!

Obviously the target audience is peanuts on here with 5,000 somewhat posts.

Sylvia ,Jamar ,Frawley ,and Beamer must be our best four?

or do we trade them and look at 2020?

No -he deserves a big chunk but we cant let him push out our budget .

Guest hangon007

heard from an impeccable source that Nithmond were into Sylvia in a big way

Casey for mine

Ok ... I will play along.

Your crazy, no way its GWS or nothing. Prove it how they going to do it. Put up or shut up. .... did I miss anything? B)

I need to know the answer today. If you dont tell me I will start calling you names, post silly little images about you ... then finally hit you with my ubeaut utube video. .... did I miss anything? B)

Please tell me if I missed anything then I can keep the thread going for 10-12 more pages

ps B) B) B) B)

pps ... dont forget to start the other thread where you have to claim that pick upgrades are a bad idea. Then I will hit you with completely the wrong strategy for this draft. I will argue they are a great strategy ... Its the point of the whole thread or something to that effect. :wub:

Edited by hangon007

No, it's nothing like that at all. Speed, unlike height, can be affected over time owing to several factors. If you're comparing him to the best onballers in the comp (ie. have a look at the way Cooney went about it on Friday night) then no, he's not quick. He's by no means slow, but certainly not in that class. Yet we pay him as one.

And to the poster who says he's our best offensive weapon, he's kicked 99 goals in 122 games at 0.8 goals a game. Hardly world-beating numbers.

I think some of you tend to wear rose-tinted sunnies when it comes to this player.

Gee this forum entertains me ! Mate glad you have nothing to do with list management

Ok ... I will play along.

Your crazy, no way its GWS or nothing. Prove it how they going to do it. Put up or shut up. .... did I miss anything? B)

I need to know the answer today. If you dont tell me I will start calling you names, post silly little images about you ... then finally hit you with my ubeaut utube video. .... did I miss anything? B)

Please tell me if I missed anything then I can keep the thread going for 10-12 more pages

ps B) B) B) B)

pps ... dont forget to start the other thread where you have to claim that pick upgrades are a bad idea. Then I will hit you with completely the wrong strategy for this draft. I will argue they are a great strategy ... Its the point of the whole thread or something to that effect. :wub:

Sorry, you can't flame bait me

You'll just have to take it up with Juddy's grandma if you want more details

Guest hangon007

heard from an impeccable source that Nithmond were into Sylvia in a big way

But you said this. You are wrong, there is no way it can happen. Mate seriously I'm on the verge of calling you something very bad. Please tell me what you know today. I'm demanding you do.

:) :) :)

PS In this thread last November you said this. "insert link"

Edited by hangon007

Obviously the target audience is peanuts on here with 5,000 somewhat posts.

I don't know, I guess considering it is a public forum, the intended audience would be the entire forum community, not just those with over 5000 posts.

How quickly a rumor about Sylvia struggling with contract negotiations turns into a discussion about his ability and role within the team...

Sylvia, at the moment, is easily one of our best and most important players. Sure he's a bit inconsistent and apparently lacks leadership qualities (name a Melbourne player who isn't in the same boat), but he is a genuine match winner on his day.

How quickly a rumor about Sylvia struggling with contract negotiations turns into a discussion about his ability and role within the team...

Sylvia, at the moment, is easily one of our best and most important players. Sure he's a bit inconsistent and apparently lacks leadership qualities (name a Melbourne player who isn't in the same boat), but he is a genuine match winner on his day.

spot on and when the side improves around him his true value will come to the fore.

Col is a must have. He is the only player in our side(Greeny used to be up there) that can turn a game or really have an influence. Of all out players which most are with the " if they play to their talent" Col is at the top of the heap.

In the next 5 years we will lose players as our cap is going to be maxed so get used to it.

I watched the footage of when we beat Richmond, and the way that Col sang the song with no emotion whatsoever has led me to believe 2 things, 1} He doesn't want to wear the red and blue anymore, and 2} he is going to sign with Richmond and is disappointed that he outplayed his future teammates on the day.