Jack Trengove future captain

Daz's Dee's

Grimes, Trengove, Watts. Don't rush it. A year or so ago the Ox and Leach were talking of a Jones over McLean for captain. Life changes to quickly to rush a young player in to soon. Let the best captainemerge in time.

Good call. It's so hard to know how players will go at captaincy, but particularly when they're still finding their feet at AFL level.

I'm confident that good leaders - and a good captain - will emerge from one of the young guys we have at the moment.

I'm confident that good leaders - and a good captain - will emerge from one of the young guys we have at the moment.

And I hope we have the balls to give it too him .

best thing about trengove is that when he's lining up for a set shot you can start adding 6 points to our score... Great kicking technique IMO

His goal kicking accuracy is actually pretty average, as stated on the coverage.

I too think he will be a future captain, and having met him on several occasions, and spoken to him for a few hours, I know that he is a great young man, and has developed so much since I first met him in regards to his confidence and ability to speak in public.

He is a gun player too!

(always feels a bit strange when I look up to someone who is almost half my age!)

His goal kicking accuracy is actually pretty average, as stated on the coverage.

I too think he will be a future captain, and having met him on several occasions, and spoken to him for a few hours, I know that he is a great young man, and has developed so much since I first met him in regards to his confidence and ability to speak in public.

He is a gun player too!

(always feels a bit strange when I look up to someone who is almost half my age!)

I was going to mention his accuracy as well ( and I did hear them mention his inaccuracy it on the replay) but I think these stats can lie. He is not a deadeye like Green used to be - kicking them from anywhere. But i can only remember a couple of times when he hasnt kicked the ones he should have kicked. I think he is a fairly reliable kick at goal from anywhere inside the fifty on anything less than a 45 degree angle.

Guest Artie Bucco

We're going to need the Grant Thomas' Rotating CaptaincyTM to give all these "deserving" kids a go: Watts, Scully, Trengove, Grimes, Moloney, Jones... Fitzpatrick?

Fwiw, I'm actually in favour of this system.

Guest milpod

We're going to need the Grant Thomas' Rotating CaptaincyTM to give all these "deserving" kids a go: Watts, Scully, Trengove, Grimes, Moloney, Jones... Fitzpatrick?

Fwiw, I'm actually in favour of this system.

There is never a need to do anything st kilda does,in fact the opposite is preferably.Jack Trengove as skipper for the next decade,to stamp his authority would be great.Scully as captain is like dancing with your sister....well maybe with the right banjo riff,but about as inspirational as a brick.

Moloney,would be a good skipper ala Jnr.Will he be there on that special day?Jones "as above"Grimes,has enough trouble just getting on the paddock.

Yep JT for skipper,JW as VC of the next MFC premiership team.

Scully as captain is like dancing with your sister....well maybe with the right banjo riff,but about as inspirational as a brick.

How do you know that?!

Same was said about JMac and he was a superb captain - his efforts only more appreciated since he has left.

He might not be demonstrative onfield (he's 19 it should be noted), but he never flinches in the clinches and runs as hard as any AFL player.

If Trengove is captain material, so is Tom Scully.

Mini-bump.

Trenners would be a courageous and inspirational choice as Captain heading into 2012.

He would absolutely thrive on it, I reckon. 10-12 year Ricciuto-style leader to set the example on-field for others.

I'm starting to think potentially losing this guy to GWS next year would hit us harder than losing Tom this year.

Mini-bump.

Trenners would be a courageous and inspirational choice as Captain heading into 2012.

He would absolutely thrive on it, I reckon. 10-12 year Ricciuto-style leader to set the example on-field for others.

I'm starting to think potentially losing this guy to GWS next year would hit us harder than losing Tom this year.

He is clearly a more complete player than Scully and this is not just because of more advanced physical maturity.

Apropos......

@hame_aflgameday AFL Game Day

On #aflgameday this Sun. @mattricho0 @CameronLing @Robbo_heraldsun on panel with guests @jtren9 @Steviejohnson20 Looking forward to big show

Meaning that Jack Trengove will be a guest on AFL Game Day tomorrow (Sunday) morning on Channel 7 at 10am

(I guess it's the same in Victoria as it is up here, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Guest milpod

If our football club are not flat out securing JT as a single club player/captain we need shooting.Jack Trengove is maybe the best thing I have seen at this club in the last 20 years.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I agree. He plays all parts of the ground well which means you can put him right in the hotspot when the game is in the balance.

Guest milpod

Lets bite the bullet and be different.the last 47 years has not been inspirational for this footy club.Have a kid in mind to break all hurdles.

Give Green one more year and if Trenners shows what he has shown this year, give him the captaincy for 2013 onwards.

My man crush grows by the day.

I've seen enough this year, why wait?

Green OUT

Trengove IN