Tom Scully

Rogue

Just got back from the SEN Footy lunch. The whole panel believe that Scully has signed with GWS. Had a good chat with David Schwarz before the show. My wife and I spent a far amount of time with him and Karen in China last year and therefore trust what he says.

Although he has not seen the contract he was told by Velocity Sports (Mark Kleiman, Scully's Manager now at SEN), one of the coaches at GWS and a Scully family member that he has ageed to a 4 year contract for 5 Million.

David said that we should do everything we can to secure one GWS's 17 year-olds.

Schwartz has been vocal about saying scully is going but it hasn't got much traction.

You never get the full story when people from SEN are involved. I listen to it every day.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't say. I believe no contract can be signed until the end of the season.

I assume he has agreed to the terms of a HOA.

I guess he can change his mind as a HOA is not legally binding. He does show the classic signs of leaving though.

Thanks for update Theo. Disappointing if that is the case but hopefully it is a HOA and not an actual contract. Can you tell me what you mean though by he is showing the classic signs of leaving? Like what?

Thanks for update Theo. Disappointing if that is the case but hopefully it is a HOA and not an actual contract. Can you tell me what you mean though by he is showing the classic signs of leaving? Like what?

Only because the Gold Coast players that were contracted didn't commit to their Clubs during the season. Silence, Silence, Silence can mean see ya later.

Just got back from the SEN Footy lunch. The whole panel believe that Scully has signed with GWS. Had a good chat with David Schwarz before the show. My wife and I spent a far amount of time with him and Karen in China last year and therefore trust what he says.

Although he has not seen the contract he was told by Velocity Sports (Mark Kleiman, Scully's Manager now at SEN), one of the coaches at GWS and a Scully family member that he has ageed to a 4 year contract for 5 Million.

David said that we should do everything we can to secure one GWS's 17 year-olds.

Let me say that I don't know whether Scully will or won't go to GWS, but the above is ABSOLUTE BS!

Scully has NOT signed anything with anyone. Neither have his parents/friends/neighbours. What a shock that people at GWS/ his dodgy management company are saying he has. It's called playing the game.

So if Schwartz told you that, why would he not name these same people when saying the rumour in the first place?

And why would he then tell you? Surely he knew you would get onto the internet to say these rumours.

I was there at the time the Ox got that information.

The Scully family member was in fact the family dog who was asked to bark once if he's staying and twice if he's going to GWS. Bloody Schwarta was standing on the mutt's tail and it went berserk.

You can believe what you like, I'm just telling you what he told me. He also mentioned it during the general panel discussion.

Scully doesen't have to sign anything yet. He may have just agreed to a HOA which is not legally binding.

He could well change his mind when a contract is put in front of him. He could just be weighing up all options.

The Ox believes he has been offered 5M for 4 years at GWS and 700K at MFC.

The panel suggested that Bate and Morton could be good trade bait.

Edited by Theo

I have no idea as to what goes on in Scully's mind and I won't be conceding that he's gone until he's gone.

I do have a problem with the acceptance of the fact that, in the event that he goes, the compensation would be no better than that given to Ablett which is a commonly held position among many people.

There is a suitcase load of difference between Ablett and Scully.

In the first instance you have a champion player obtained under the father/son rule who had already given nine years of service, won premierships and a Brownlow and was approaching 27 years of age. What did he have left of his career? Five or six years at most?

In Scully's case, it's a priority draft selection who will have given two years of service at year's end - a player not yet anywhere near his peak and with 10 to 12 years service ahead of him as a potential marquee player.

If we lose Scully and don't try to make out a case to the AFL for an anomalous situation on the basis of the above, it will be a sad day for the club and for the sport.

Guest hangon007

Massive allegations! Now Tom at his own press conference said ...

"No, there's been no approach, absolutely not," Scully said.

"Definitely haven't spoken to GWS and definitely haven't signed something."

"If I did have an approach the club (Melbourne) would be the first to know."

Are you and Schwarz calling Tom a liar?

But ultimately people will believe what they want to believe.

Edited by hangon007

You can believe what you like, I'm just telling you what he told me. He also mentioned it during the general panel discussion.

Scully doesen't have to sign anything yet. He may have just agreed to a HOA which is not legally binding.

He could well change his mind when a contract is put in front of him. He could just be weighing up all options.

You do realise that you have just betrayed the confidence of a supposed friend of yours...

Any instant now, someone is going to get onto SEN and relay the sources you have put in here...

When Scully's rep. Alistair Lynch says that Scully wont be 'bullied' into signing, can he be bullied into asking whether these specific claims are factual?

If the 700K is correct , that is way overs for him at this stage of his career. If he won't stay for that then we have other players to look after!

Gees :rolleyes: Didn't you know that we've moved on from the GWS debate, were now debating about Scully going to Richmond.... :lol:

I have no idea as to what goes on in Scully's mind and I won't be conceding that he's gone until he's gone.

I do have a problem with the acceptance of the fact that, in the event that he goes, the compensation would be no better than that given to Ablett which is a commonly held position among many people.

There is a suitcase load of difference between Ablett and Scully.

In the first instance you have a champion player obtained under the father/son rule who had already given nine years of service, won premierships and a Brownlow and was approaching 27 years of age. What did he have left of his career? Five or six years at most?

In Scully's case, it's a priority draft selection who will have given two years of service at year's end - a player not yet anywhere near his peak and with 10 to 12 years service ahead of him as a potential marquee player.

If we lose Scully and don't try to make out a case to the AFL for an anomalous situation on the basis of the above, it will be a sad day for the club and for the sport.

Totally agree with you WJ however the AFL could not give a sh-t about us and would not like to set a precendent.

Their line would be that the terms were agreed to by all Clubs. The expansion clubs will not be compromised in becoming dominant. It's AFL v Rugby and Soccer.

Guest hangon007

When Scully's rep. Alistair Lynch says that Scully wont be 'bullied' into signing, can he be bullied into asking whether these specific claims are factual?

Tom already answered that at his own press conference.

You do realise that you have just betrayed the confidence of a supposed friend of yours...

Any instant now, someone is going to get onto SEN and relay the sources you have put in here...

He did mention it during the general panel discussion in front of 200 people. I would would not have been so specific otherwise.

He is 97% certain. He can't be 100% certain because he hasn't seen the signed contract.

Nothing really has changed since he mention it previously.

Guest 36DD

Ok now everything seems to check out however, Kleiman is managing the footy coverage at 3AW...you have a chance to redeem yourself though if you can answer the following;

which Scully family member did The Ox speak to??? Whats their relationship to Tom??? Did Ox mention their name???

Guest hangon007

Gees :rolleyes: Didn't you know that we've moved on from the GWS debate, were now debating about Scully going to Richmond.... :lol:

Geez I hope you are not quoting me ... because thats not what I've said. But again people will read but not listen. :o

People will read into it what they want to read into it.