Rivers on Cloke

Jones' first half

Trengove

Making our tackles stick

Two men up with no Pies player going up

Brad Green (credit to Deeflog)

The Ugly

The gulf in class

The 76-year-old (approx) Collingwood-loving woman behind me in the Olympic who told me to [censored] off to the snow in the 3rd quarter when I was still vocal

Razor Ray Chamberlain

Edited by Striker475

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good

Howe

Frawley

Watts, really shows his determination.

Morton's skills and reading of the ball.

Bad

Jetta

Green

Jones' decision making

Ugly

Dean allowing Choke to kick 6 before changing the matchup

Morton - still weak as p**s

Edited by DeeTermination

Good

Howe

Frawley

Bad

Jetta

Green

Jones' decision making

Ugly

That's impresive, Morton has managed to be both good and ugly.....

It's almost as if those two categories aren't mutually exclusive...

Amazing isn't it ;) !!!

Actually cloke kicked 3 from terrible turn overs where he just sat in the square, and two that were from kicks that he had to stretch to even mark which gave Rivs no chance at all. We made cloke look better than he actually was.

He frustrates me beyond belief, so I thought I would divide his positives and negatives.

The Good

Morton!!!!!

Sylvia

Bennell

The shutdown job on Pendlebury

Gawn winning body-on-body

Howe

The Bad

Rivers on Cloke

Jones' first half

Trengove

Making our tackles stick

The Ugly

The gulf in class

The 76-year-old (approx) Collingwood-loving woman behind me in the Olympic who told me to [censored] off to the snow in the 3rd quarter when I was still vocal

Razor Ray Chamberlain

you missed a very obvious one in the Bad, Brad Green was just awful today and not far behind him was Jurrah.

Morton did a few nice things but for the most part spent his day either like a slow tram meandering up and down a line halfway between the centre square and the boundary line and a high orbiting satellite, stuck in geostationary orbit around any contest. When he's not first in line he just doesn't go.

I rate Morton as one of our best on the day, but he spoiled it by not going up for the contested mark a couple of times towards the end. At least on one of those occasions he knew he'd screwed up.

I also have Watts in both the good and ugly sections. Overall game good. Nailed a run down tackle for a holding the ball call - Really good. Made some really bad kicking errors where he put it down the throats of opponents - Ugly.

THE GOOD:

Sylvia and Watts both looked like they were giving it a red hot crack

Mckenzies first half on pendles

howes second half, comprehensively beaten in the first.

THE BAD:

hit outs to advantage, almost zero, we had double collingwoods hit outs and couldnt get it out of the centre.

turn overs out of our defensive 50

wrong options

no running

UGLY:

the collingwood supporters yelling abuse over at the members.

our kick outs.

struggling to hit targets in our forward 50

our marking on the lead.

TACKLING, especially on that dalai lama loving harry obrien, just grab the f*&&^%% bloke!

UGLY:

the collingwood supporters yelling abuse over at the members.

Wonder if Eddie will get as upset about his own folk as he does about opposition members?

Good

Howe

Frawley

Bad

Jetta

Green

Jones' decision making

Ugly

Yep

Guest lambtotheslaughter

Good The third quarter

The bad The other three quarters

The ugly wait until Freo catch hold of us and this week will look OK

Edited by lambtotheslaughter

Good

- Howe

- Morton's first 3/4

- Sylvia

Bad

- Jones' decision making was really bad today. Still give him credit for having a dip, but at one stage he chose to handball backwards instead of forwards mid way through the first quarter and it set the tone for what was the come

Ugly

- Morton's last quarter

- Nick Maxwell - he and a few of his mates down back for Collingwood would get well and truly found out if they didn't play in a great system with a damn good midfield and forward line in front of them

The Good

Morton

Sylvia

Gawn - Still raw but promising

Howe

Watts in the 1st half

Martin

The Bad

Rivers on Cloke - Has no 1 on 1 skill.

Jones - Poor execution and no vision

Trengove

Moloney - four bounces and then a pathetic kick to boundary line.

Making our tackles stick

Consistent inability to make tackles stick.

Jurrah not fit

The Ugly

Neon Leon carved us early

Collingwood were clinical and professional in their dissection of MFC.

Brad Green- There should be spill of leadership positions at year end and few if any incumbents should be considered for the leadership positions.

Jamar is still out for 2 weeks.

Kick Outs - Zts a positive if we get it to a throw in at centre wing.

Tom Scully - Just went today when I thought the open nature of the MCG would have suited him perfectly - I wonder why?

We were really bad today and it showed just how far off the pace we are. Everyone got carried away because we beat Essendon last week, as I said at the time I don't rate them so it wasn't really a guide to where we stand; today was and that was ugly.

The good was I got out of the car park relatively quickly.

Everyone got carried away because we beat Essendon last week, as I said at the time I don't rate them so it wasn't really a guide to where we stand; today was and that was ugly.

Did they? I dont think so. But well done on the voice of reason.

FWIW, I think most posters realised the win against Essendon came with qualifications to it.