hardtack

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Artie Bucco

Concur.

Just wish Gawn, Howe & Blease would get a guernsey.

And Strauss, although he has already debuted.

Wow. Aren't we adventurous.

Bailey is the most selfless coach I have ever witnessed...

Absolutely he is. He is a MAN of Principles! He is putting the kids, the rebuild and the game of footy, ahead of his own ambitions. He is the right Man to have @ the controls.

Absolutely he is. He is a MAN of Principles! He is putting the kids, the rebuild and the game of footy, ahead of his own ambitions. He is the right Man to have @ the controls.

Careful now.

Someone will call you an Emu or something...

We will see how the year pans out but, yes, it is heartening to see him continue what he started.

Pressure be damned.

Guest Artie Bucco

+1

Edited by Artie Bucco

+1

Agree. I've also been super impressed in Bailey's decisions to drop Bennel, Morton, Petterd already this season.

All 3 of those players needed to be dropped because they were playing too soft and needed to go back to Casey to realise the important of tackling pressure and hardness.

Can't help injuries, but Bailey has made good calls for what he can control

I've a strong feeling Howes in for Petterd...

Nicholson is a rookie and therefore has to be upgraded to replace a LTI. Once this is done, the cat is out of the bag, so they may as well confirm it early. Howe, and maybe Gawn, can still get a guernsey.

Careful now.

We will see how the year pans out but, yes, it is heartening to see him continue what he started.

Pressure be damned.

That they may say. But he's the right man for the developing of the kids. It's really an Unknown just How good he would be as a hard charging coach, becausre he simply using this time to develop, and letting the kids develop their games. this is something you can't really force into them. some will flourish under the Hard headed ways, and some would flourish the other way.

Either way, there is no shortcut to learning, building bigger bodies, and getting games experience. There's just impatient fans who panick, 'like the tigers od old'.

Guest Artie Bucco

That they may say. But he's the right man for the developing of the kids. It's really an Unknown just How good he would be as a hard charging coach, becausre he simply using this time to develop, and letting the kids develop their games. this is something you can't really force into them. some will flourish under the Hard headed ways, and some would flourish the other way.

Either way, there is no shortcut to learning, building bigger bodies, and getting games experience. There's just impatient fans who panick, 'like the tigers od old'.

+ 1000.

Careful now.

Pressure be damned.

It's funny, I don't see it that way.

I don't see it as a compliment or otherwise to Bailey. I think he has a limited group to pick from, and he needs mid-sized backmen against Carlton's ant fleet. ATM, the only mid-sized defenders are Bartram and arguably Joel MacDonald. No tappy, no Grimes, no Bail, and you can't reply on Davey or Bennell to do a good shut down job... so I think it's a logical pick, but hardly a selfless one.

Guest Artie Bucco

How about the afore-mentioned dropping of Bennell, Morton and Petterd?

The exclusion of Warnock, McDonald and Bate from the early rounds?

He could have gone the route of playing older players who'd likely be more competitive in the short-term.

Not by much, but we would be.

I don't see it as a compliment or otherwise to Bailey. I think he has a limited group to pick from, and he needs mid-sized backmen against Carlton's ant fleet. ATM, the only mid-sized defenders are Bartram and arguably Joel MacDonald. No tappy, no Grimes, no Bail, and you can't reply on Davey or Bennell to do a good shut down job... so I think it's a logical pick, but hardly a selfless one.

He's debuting his second rookie in a fortnight!

Edited by rpfc

Spot on. My greatest fear in relation to our rebuild, is that the peanut gallery pull the trigger on Dean Bailey too early and compromise what has been started. I don't want to go down the quick fix road. I want our coach to play the young players who our premiership tilt will live or die by.

Guest fitness

I think Nicholson's selection is a no-brainer for 2 reasons:

1) He's been in good form in the VFL and has earned his place

2) Horses for courses - we are playing Carlton and need some pace in the back line to assist in keeping Betts and Garlett in check.

Good to see Nicholson get a run, I'm sure he has earnt it!

And even better is that we have a coach who can swing the changes, and keep playing kids, just can't get the wins.

Happy days MFC!

THE common theme in recent selection Times,,, over the last Month, or so... > nil contesting players Out: . Bennell/ Morton/ Petterd? Davey? ---- Green? Strauss? Jurrah?

Contested ball players In; . Warnock/ McKenzie/ Jetta/ Evans/ Nicholson/ > Trengove/ scully/ Tapscott/,,,,,,

Howes had a couple of BOG or Best for Melbourne ( Casey ) performances this year already. I would have thought he was well up front for a gig. We could certainly use a live wire up the sharp end.

Congrats Nicholson..

He has no choice either. Your name says it all dee-luded.