WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - JACK VINEY

einstein251

I'm a bit over talking about it as well, but I'll make a couple of final points.

1. Pick 3 is a bloody nuisance, but I'm convinced that it's not "overs" for Viney, as he's the best inside mid in the draft. Inside mids currently rule the AFL world.

2. In the main those that are unbelievably p1ssed off by the thought of giving up pick 3 for Viney aren't p1ssed off that he's not worth it, or that they're paying "overs", but because we miss out on another top 5 gun. That's the crux of the matter.

Then you have other special categories for those such as dingaling and Dan.

• Like 1

A deal with GWS for Hogan of itself precludes them from JV bidding. GC's interest in Tippett, IMO precludes them from JV bidding, as Crows will advise GC they better have pick 2 handy for trading. If those two scenarios happen JV goes as our second round selection.

I am convinced that if Crows lose Tippett they will insist on pick 2 to get an adelaide boy in Toumpas or more likely Grundy.

Nice explanation why

Well Adelaide get ripped off that's why - Brisbane will offer pick 8+, I think Rassilon is on the right track - GC want our pick 4 for that trade but we need more than Caddy for that.

• Like 1

A deal with GWS for Hogan of itself precludes them from JV bidding. GC's interest in Tippett, IMO precludes them from JV bidding, as Crows will advise GC they better have pick 2 handy for trading. If those two scenarios happen JV goes as our second round selection.

I am convinced that if Crows lose Tippett they will insist on pick 2 to get an adelaide boy in Toumpas or more likely Grundy

I think they will go Toumpas, they have covered the ruck picking up Jacobs and Jenkins. They are really keen on Toumpas, I hope he slides through to us but GC will pick him up if Adelaide don't or can't.

Well Adelaide get ripped off that's why - Brisbane will offer pick 8+, I think Rassilon is on the right track - GC want our pick 4 for that trade but we need more than Caddy for that.

Martin and pick 20 for Tippett isn't to bad at all I would think.

Especially since Martin could almost fill the gap that Tippet would leave

They may be able to use that draft pick for Kristian Jaksch

That would be better then just pick #8 which would be a Plowman or a Menzel.

Jaksch + Martin > Menzel or Plowmen imo

Edited by olisik

I would use "whatever" pick we have to on Jack Viney. He wants to play in red & blue. I agree there has to be some policitical "bluff", but if they do bid, we use pick 3... don't screw around.

Hopefully it plays out that GWS and Suns do not go the way of the bid.

- Tippett to Suns and Crows get pick 2. Use on Grundy or Toumpas. or

- Caddy & Weller to Dees in exchange for pick 4.

- GWS get our pick 3 = MFC gets Jesse Hogan and no f/son bid. Use on Grundy or Toumpas.

We all win. Why all the bluff. Suns, GWS and Dees should all try to get best deals and raise up the ladder.

Sure its competitive but ALL help ourselves as a group agst the Bigger Hawks, Pies, Cats, Eagles etc.

I've been a member of this forum for 15 minutes and I'm already sick of the Viney F/S talk.

Where ever we take him he will be worth it and more. I can't wait until I start watching this hard nut in and under beast.

Welcome CC...is that David or Donald? ;)

8 > 20 + Martin and it's not even going to be 20 by the time FA is done.

8 > 20 + Martin and it's not even going to be 20 by the time FA is done.

Adelaide are said to be keen on Giles which means they are looking for that type of player hence the Martin.

In this draft pick 20 can replace Tippet, I really think that it would be a good 3 way.

The issue is that the F/S bidding process is the first thing completed before any trades (No sh!t Sherlock!).

That means for us to get any special deals going with GC/GWS prior to this to ensure they don't bid on JV, it has to be happening as we speak. Could you imagine Schwab going to the GWS CEO, who was put in to that job by Vlad to make sure it runs well, asking for a special deal? I wouldn't trust that bloke, would imagine he would run straight to Vlad crying "draft tampering". Same goes for the Gold Coast. If we got caught out, we would lose pick 4 (our compo pick), and most likely be stripped of our mid 1st round pick. Is it worth it?

On the other hand, if GC/GWS come to us asking for a special deal, absolutely will we listen to them (as we have our hidden voice recorder in the top drawer of the $80,000 desk. Take tha tto Vlad crying "draft tampering".

Special deals can GAGF. If they bid, we talke Viney at 3, simple. We're getting a jet, plus we've still got 4. That way we don't have to be bent over by GWS/GC. I still think we win in that situation. Of course we would prefer him at pick 22, articles like that one on the AFL website only help our cause.

Both Compo picks for Pick 2 and Caddy sounds fair to me.

Then trade pick 2 and Martin for both MD picks (Martin to replace Giles)

GC gets pick #4 and #13

GWS gets Stef Martin and Grundy

MFC gets Jack Martin, Hogan, Caddy, Toumpas and Viney

Am I dreaming to much?

Guest Rassilon

Adelaide are said to be keen on Giles which means they are looking for that type of player hence the Martin.

In this draft pick 20 can replace Tippet, I really think that it would be a good 3 way.

Giles manager is keen on securing him a good deal - GWS gave him a crack at AFL. Think this will be sorted out. Unless one of them has a brain fade - The rest is small talk.

The issue is that the F/S bidding process is the first thing completed before any trades (No sh!t Sherlock!).

That means for us to get any special deals going with GC/GWS prior to this to ensure they don't bid on JV, it has to be happening as we speak. Could you imagine Schwab going to the GWS CEO, who was put in to that job by Vlad to make sure it runs well, asking for a special deal? I wouldn't trust that bloke, would imagine he would run straight to Vlad crying "draft tampering". Same goes for the Gold Coast. If we got caught out, we would lose pick 4 (our compo pick), and most likely be stripped of our mid 1st round pick. Is it worth it?

On the other hand, if GC/GWS come to us asking for a special deal, absolutely will we listen to them (as we have our hidden voice recorder in the top drawer of the $80,000 desk. Take tha tto Vlad crying "draft tampering".

Special deals can GAGF. If they bid, we talke Viney at 3, simple. We're getting a jet, plus we've still got 4. That way we don't have to be bent over by GWS/GC. I still think we win in that situation. Of course we would prefer him at pick 22, articles like that one on the AFL website only help our cause.

If you're happy to jump in to bed with the enemy, then that's fine. What do they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer? I need to avoid these cliches like the plague...

If our recruitment guys rate Viney in the top half dozen in the draft, then we take him at 3 (assuming we are "forced" to). No secret deals. Taking the F/S factor out of it, where would the Club, and every other club for that matter, rate Viney? This is my point - we have had ample opportunity to ensure the greater football community don't rate him too highly, but at this stage, we've appeared happy to let him go through the process of letting everyone see what he's like. I have to admit, I couldn't understand why McLardy was giving Wojo a packet of pilchards wrapped up in a brown paper bag a couple of months ago, if it wasn't pilchards it was definitely something that smelt a bit fishy...!!!

I want our club to be hated. I want us to rort systems for the benefit of us. I want us to do it on our own - not through secret deals with other clubs who are after the same thing as us - a premiership. If we can't put enough doubt in the GC and GWS minds to ensure we get Viney with our 2nd round pick, I'll be very disappointed. I won't give up on the Club, but this is a perfect opportunity to have our cake and eat it too (sorry B59!). We want a premiership, we do whatever it takes to get one, but that DOES NOT involve working in partnership with 2 new teams who have been given the world.

With apologies to SMcFL...

"Billy would do anything for a flag..."

meatloaf_web.jpg

"But I won't do deals!"

In summary it seems we ought to do anything , but not do ANYTHING .

ahh ..clear as mud now

thanks all !!

How is Martin half the player Tippet is? Tippet is a great forward and Martin struggles. Martin might, might be a slightly better ruck but Tippet could kick 40 goals a year easily.

And pick 20 replacing Tippets worth with who?

How is Martin half the player Tippet is? Tippet is a great forward and Martin struggles. Martin might, might be a slightly better ruck but Tippet could kick 40 goals a year easily.

And pick 20 replacing Tippets worth with who?

Kristian Jaksch could develop into a player of Tippets calibre