• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - JACK VINEY

einstein251

My Brother sat next to Garry Lyon 10 years ago at a dinner. He'd managed property for Lyon so knew him quite well. He asked whether any of his 3 boys could be potential F/S's. He said no, but keep your eye on young Jack Viney, he's an absolute gun. Viney was 8 at the time. It's fair to say that my Brother and I have been tracking him for a long time, right through 4 B&F's in a row at Ashburton Junior Football Club, when he played with and was better than Toby Greene. He's always been better than Toby Greene.

Viney is the best inside mid in the draft and the hardest junior midfielder most observers have ever seen. We're lucky he'll be at Melbourne next year. And it will be the beginning of a new era at the club.

I like Toby Greene as a player. Tough, uncompromising, great attitude. Hard at it. GWS should seriously look at swapping his contract with that of Scully's.

How come it's your brother always asking the tough questions?

• Like 2

Guest Rassilon

I'll be a member of the club that Jack Viney is playing at next year, there's only 2 possible outcomes:

1. We take JV at 3 because GWS or GC forced us to

2. We take JV in the 2nd round because we've done a deal with GWS and/or GC

Exactly what is happening. We have offered GC a deal and they are not happy. hehehehe we might have them on the ropes & they are throwing their final punch. Leak to Emma and negotiate via the media - old habits die-hard.

Edited by Rassilon

yep..hence my comment a bit further up...made no sense . if worth 2 then surely 3 !!

Id like to sell bridges to some folks here :)

Is the harbour one up for sale??????

Exactly what is happening. We have offered GC a deal and they are not happy. hehehehe we might have them on the ropes & they are throwing their final punch. Leak to Emma and negotiate via the media - old habits die-hard.

Yes but I'm not so sure we've got GC on the ropes - maybe we have offered them 13 for Caddy and they're trying get us to up the ante. You can't blame them - that's what this whole thing is about - GWS and GC squeezing some incentive out of MFC not to bid. That way all 3 clubs win. The simplest deal with GC would be an overs-trade for Caddy. The all-round lose will be if a deal can't be struck and we're forced to take him at 3 - that'll be a negotiate failure by someone - and not necessarily us.

• Like 3

Guest KingDingAling

If Gold Coast nominate him at 2 he wont be coming to Melbourne, I can't see Melbourne giving up pick 3 for him

No chance we'll use pick 3, Vineys a good little player, but not a top 5 pick.

Pretty sure we've stuffed up enough picks to not get this one right.

Vineys around where Kennedys at, probably 8-9.

If GC want Viney at 2, by all means, take him.

Caddy is no where near worth pick 4. I'd take hogan at 4 and viney where ever we have to. Caddy at 13 I don't mind

My gut feel is this, We are into Caddy and we have pick 3 in the pre-season draft, GC know this and are positioning for pick 13, the MFC know this and don't want to offer pick 13, so the games start. It is all a bit of positioning, I would be happy to throw GWS and GS pick 4 and 13 to get Pick 3, Hogan, Caddy and Viney.

• Like 2

Here is what I don't understand. Why doesn't he pull a Nik Nat?

Come out publicly saying that he has lived around the country but that he want's to stay in Melbourne as he feels it's his home and he'll play his best here. The kid is going to play AFL and get drafted by someone so it's not like he's doing a disservice to his chances on draft day.

That way GCS and GWS know that he'll ask to be traded home after 2 years if they chance their hand. It's not draft tampering by us as there is plenty of precedents of this by other players and I think it set's him up well as a future player for the club that he is 97% likely to play for anyway. He starts the relationship on the right foot.

i really like this.

We go at this the same way the Eagles pushed the 'party boy' motif with Darling pre-draft.

Suns aren't going to risk a #2 pick on someone who will leave in 2 years

You don't know that, and again, .................................

Correct rp. I don't 'know' that, and I shouldn't have been so definite in my statement. However, I think (hope?) I have a reasonable appreciation of the way our club is thinking, based on a recent conversation with somebody who I would expect to be fairly close to the action.

Caddy is no where near worth pick 4. I'd take hogan at 4 and viney where ever we have to. Caddy at 13 I don't mind

Trying to guess who is and isn't worth pick 4 is a mug's game.

Remember who went at pick 4 in the 2007 draft? (Hint: his name sounds like Male Corton.) Everyone was happy at the time. As it turned out, pick 504 would have been too high.

• Like 2

I can't believe how many are missing the main point here.

The issue is not "if he is worth pick 3, I'm happy to take him with pick 3".

Worth is irrelevant.

The issue is "we have an OPPORTUNITY to maximise our drafting position by trying to ensure that we can take him in the second round."

Even if JV was far and away the best player in the draft, as a club we would still need to be doing absolutely everything in our power to ensure that we could take him in the second round.

It's not about worth, it's about capitalising on an opportunity.

Given our recent track record with making the most of our opportunities, I'm not all that confident. But we can only hope.

I know what Carlton would be doing.

• Like 5

Trying to guess who is and isn't worth pick 4 is a mug's game.

Remember who went at pick 4 in the 2007 draft? (Hint: his name sounds like Male Corton.) Everyone was happy at the time. As it turned out, pick 504 would have been too high.

Just to change subject, I reckon and I have nothing to back this up, that Cale Morton next year might just show us all the reasons why he was rated so highly. Add Viney to Jones, Sylvia, Grimes, Trengove, it will leave Morton to play that outside midfielder that he is and there was a few games mid year that I thought Cale Morton is running and working harder than all our midfielders apart from Jones, his spread was the best on the ground for a few games. Even his nightmare game against Collingwood, he was still getting the footy and working hard just butchered the ball all day.

• Like 2

Im coming around to the idea there are but two essential types here.

Those to whom the earth is flat and is so because all the air has been let out by nasty people with harmful intents. They feel hard done by. If they were to look outside ( but rarely do because the darkness comforts them ) theyd proably think the sky is falling too.

Then theres the rest of us. We simply understand What is...IS

It would seem many here also lament that we might not will 10 million, we might only win 7, and that would be devastating. :mellow: Not only that but they think theyll be losing 3 million. Lifes terrible. :o

• Like 1

Given our recent track record with making the most of our opportunities, I'm not all that confident. But we can only hope.

We did alright with the Scully compo and the Mitch Clark deal. I'm not as pessimistic. It depends on how bloody minded GWS and GC are.

• Like 4

Just to change subject, I reckon and I have nothing to back this up, that Cale Morton next year might just show us all the reasons why he was rated so highly. Add Viney to Jones, Sylvia, Grimes, Trengove, it will leave Morton to play that outside midfielder that he is and there was a few games mid year that I thought Cale Morton is running and working harder than all our midfielders apart from Jones, his spread was the best on the ground for a few games. Even his nightmare game against Collingwood, he was still getting the footy and working hard just butchered the ball all day.

Lol, yeah now that we may have a good midfield and Morton doesn't have to have any balls or strength it's his time to shine!!

Jokes... He won't play a game for MFC next year.

Yes but I'm not so sure we've got GC on the ropes - maybe we have offered them 13 for Caddy and they're trying get us to up the ante. You can't blame them - that's what this whole thing is about - GWS and GC squeezing some incentive out of MFC not to bid. That way all 3 clubs win. The simplest deal with GC would be an overs-trade for Caddy. The all-round lose will be if a deal can't be struck and we're forced to take him at 3 - that'll be a negotiate failure by someone - and not necessarily us.

Yeah, I read it the same way. They want us to spend pick 3 or 4 on Caddy..

If they want to play that game offer Caddy a Rediculous amount $$$$ in his first Yr of a 3 yr contract, via the pre season Draft. Tell him to walk.

Then we'll take Viney if we must @ 3,,,,, or we take either (Jack Martin + Grundy) or (Hogan + Toumpas, or best Mid avail') & chase JV til he's back home.

It's time to stop all this feeling like the Hunted, running from everyone, & Start Hunting them.

I tell ya what.

It would be awesome to have 3.4. 13 and then Viney.

Seriously good crop of kids coming in.

But I can live with Viney, 4, 13 and 21 (is it?)

I could also live with Viney, 4, Caddy, 21

• Like 3

I tell ya what.

It would be awesome to have 3.4. 13 and then Viney.

Seriously good crop of kids coming in.

But I can live with Viney, 4, 13 and 21 (is it?)

I could also live with Viney, 4, Caddy, 21

Nothing wrong with much of that. How could there be LOL :)

I like Toby Greene as a player. Tough, uncompromising, great attitude. Hard at it. GWS should seriously look at swapping his contract with that of Scully's.

How come it's your brother always asking the tough questions?

Then you'll love Viney.

Firstly, it wasn't a tough question and secondly I wasn't there.

What other tough questions has he asked ?

I'll be a member of the club that Jack Viney is playing at next year, there's only 2 possible outcomes:

1. We take JV at 3 because GWS or GC forced us to

2. We take JV in the 2nd round because we've done a deal with GWS and/or GC

Or we take JV in the 2nd round because GWS and GC don't rate him as a top 8 - 10 pick and don't want to risk missing out on their first preference?