Gameday - Melbourne v St Kilda

titan_uranus

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear some people just say things to conform. Newton has done more than Jurrah, Davey, Macdonald etc.

Certainly had 3 times the output of Kosi..

At least he actually chases.. more than Davey can say.

I swear some people just say things to conform. Newton has done more than Jurrah, Davey, Macdonald etc.

Two poor first half efforts from Newton were taken straight up the other end for goals; the second one he missed from 10m. Kosi hasn't cost them a goal yet.

Though I agree what you say about effort compared to the others, though I thought MacDonald's been OK.

Edited by Akum

You are a dreamer mate. What a loser he is. He is totally useless. So is Davey. Don't try and hang your hat on the fact he is better than Davey today. My gran would better than Davey today. IN fact this year.

Two poor first half efforts from Newton were taken straight up the other end for goals; the second one he missed from 10m. Kosi hasn't cost them a goal yet.

Though I agree what you say about effort compared to the others, though I thought MacDonald's been OK.

Hey

I just heard the AFL apologist luke Darcy ( Anndrew Demetriou look at me ) suggesting Stephan Martin is just a ruck man

Martin will benefit enormously from having the responsibiliy

in the next 5 -6 weeks he will IMO have break out game ( Kotsitiskii What a dud)

I look forward to Jamar and Martin taking teams apart later in the season

Darc ypls stop trying so hard you are an embarrassment

I agree but he also has gotten 2 HTB for, which one created a goal.. ahh well. Your points are valid, I just think we always have our whipping boys.

On a side note, with Tapscott and now Bartram out.. Strauss and Blease to come in for debut IMO

Davey's defensive effort in the first half was a shocker. Darcy nearly had a stroke and rightly so. Let's see if he pulls his finger out in the second half as Bennell got burnt for similar efforts last week. Some of Juice's efforts also badly lacking in intensity. The rest going ok. Like the look of Evans.

newtons not a whippin boy, he is just plain average and useless

he is the same as the average soft supporters who find positives in his game

Because people disagree with you they're soft?

Davey's problem is that his tank is the size of a Vespa. This makes him so easy to tag, because he's not capable of burning them off. He relies on bursts of effort, and it's just so easy to hold him off the pack all game. He doesn't have the physical attributes to beat a tag, so he's going to rely on his teammates to help him. But nobody helps him because we don't play as a team - it's all about "player development".

I am sick of this team.

I am sick of the costly mistakes due to thought process.

I am sick of the lack of running when we turn over the ball going forward.

I am sick of the senior player's not wanting to lead and play for the club.

I am sick of the mid week excuses about not playing hard enough for 4 QTR's.

I am sick of Green and Davey's performance.

I am sick of injuries to this young team.

I am sick of Bailey being so supportive and calm when we are playing [censored].

I am sick of the wasted opportunities in the FWD 50.

I am sick of this team.

We will not win a flag in the next 2 - 3 years. This game was there for the taking and no-one stood up.

Yeah but, we have injuries.

Yeah but, we have suspensions.

Yeah but, we are a young side.

Yeah but, we have a poor record at the Dome.

Yeah but, St kilda played a grand final last year.

Yeah but, I am sick of this team.

Sick and tired of being sick and tired of this club.

This is exactly how I feel could not have said it any better it's so bloody frustrating

I am sick of this team.

I am sick of the costly mistakes due to thought process.

I am sick of the lack of running when we turn over the ball going forward.

I am sick of the senior player's not wanting to lead and play for the club.

I am sick of the mid week excuses about not playing hard enough for 4 QTR's.

I am sick of Green and Davey's performance.

I am sick of injuries to this young team.

I am sick of Bailey being so supportive and calm when we are playing [censored].

I am sick of the wasted opportunities in the FWD 50.

I am sick of this team.

We will not win a flag in the next 2 - 3 years. This game was there for the taking and no-one stood up.

Yeah but, we have injuries.

Yeah but, we have suspensions.

Yeah but, we are a young side.

Yeah but, we have a poor record at the Dome.

Yeah but, St kilda played a grand final last year.

Yeah but, I am sick of this team.

good post, what's the solution?

Im sick of all of the excuses, have been following the Dees since 1955. Sick of the club hanging onto players who dont have any heart. Bailey needs to go. Living in QLD is so frustrating, dont get to see many games but when we do get to see them they dont show any heart.

Edited by Mark_Tuckwell

I thought our intensity today was good.

I thought I run and spread was good (at times)

I thought we were strong around the packs with special mention to Sylvia and Gysberts and Jetta.

Good leadership shown by Green, Sylvia, Rivers and Jones

Our delivery into the forward line is either too easy to read and therefore cut off, or misses the target by enough to make it difficult to score. It rebouncs too easily.

At significant moments St. Kilda's class showed out.

At other significant moments, our young kids showed how young they are.

Davey should be embarrassed with his effort.

Newton (not our worst player) showed moments of being scared, not committing, and lacking any sign of being able to play at AFL standard.

Considering our injury list and even though I hate losing, I wasn't as appalled today as I have been during other games.

Im sick of all of the excuses, have been following the Dees since 1955. Sick of the club hanging onto players who dont have any heart. Bailey needs to go. Living in QLD is so frustrating, dont get to see many games but when we do get to see them they dont show any heart.

I don't think they lack heart. They just look like they don't know what to do. They battle so hard to get to a critical point in the game - this week, they level the scores halfway through the third quarter after being behind all day - and then ... what the hell do we do now? Their "player development" coaching doesn't equip them for what needs to come next.

Edited by Akum

I don't think they lack heart. They just look like they don't know what to do. They battle so hard to get to a critical point in the game - this week, they level the scores halfway through the third quarter after being behind all day - and then ... what the hell do we do now? Their "player development" coaching doesn't equip them for what needs to come next.

We just have to support our young players. The Leaders will come.

Losing Tappscott was a huge moment..He is a big boy.

Stick Fat Peeps.

You think they don't know what to do?? Let me get this straight, you think, Aaron Davey doesn't know what to do?? Cause that's what Mark_Tuckwell was talking about, older players not having any heart. Aaron Davey is a leader of this club, and up until this year, rightly so. If he doesn't know what to do, then he really does need to be sacked. Not only should he know what to do, but he should run around bloody well telling everyone else too. What are our kids meant to learn from leaders who WALK around quiet as mice, with terrible body language and struck mute. They only see bad examples and inevitably, those bad examples are what shape them as players. We are doomed if these senior players can't work it out.