'Scully talks'

Samsara

Scully's re-signing is the club's most important issue. Without him we're in strife.

Whilst id rather he stay as Im sure he's to turn into a prodigious talent I am past worryin gwhether he stays or goes. To me hes saying a lthe wrong things if he were truly and categorically wishing to remain a Dee. ..He goes ...so be it.. sh!t happens.. Hes not the length and breadth of this team.. There are others with much talent.

The MOST important signing for season 2012-onwards.. a Coach who can get the most out of al the players week in and week out. Thats more value than any one player.

It intrigues me and alarms me that Stynes even has to put it to him in any fashion.

Im over it ..dont care really whether he stays or goes in a way.. Our destiny and fortune as a club is more than just him. Hes entitled to whatever he can get. Thats life.

Part of the problem about this club and many of its followers is the constant search for a singular player who''ll be that magic bullet...that catalyst for that seemingly illusionary success.

One player does not a team make.

He can stay ...he can go...im really a bit over it already

Edited by belzebub59

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst id rather he stay as Im sure he's to turn into a prodigious talent I am past worryin gwhether he stays or goes. To me hes saying a lthe wrong things if he were truly and categorically wishing to remain a Dee. ..He goes ...so be it.. sh!t happens.. Hes not the length and breadth of this team.. There are others with much talent.

The MOST important signing for season 2012-onwards.. a Coach who can get the most out of al the players week in and week out. Thats more value than any one player.

It intrigues me and alarms me that Stynes even has to put it to him in any fashion.

Im over it ..dont care really whether he stays or goes in a way.. Our destiny and fortune as a club is more than just him. Hes entitled to whatever he can get. Thats life.

Part of the problem about this club and many of its followers is the constant search for a singular player who''ll be that magic bullet...that catalyst for that seemingly illusionary success.

One player does not a team make.

He can stay ...he can go...im really a bit over it already

We need to sign Scully for next year...it shows that the club has a backbone.

We need to sign Scully for next year...it shows that the club has a backbone.

how exact,y does it do that??

Acting out a desperation for just one player to me delivers the exact opposite. If we really have something... it will happenwith or without him... And thats teh stance we need to project. Not fawning over one kid.

Edited by belzebub59

Acting out a desperation for just one player to me delivers the exact opposite. If we really have something... it will happenwith or without him... And thats teh stance we need to project. Not fawning over one kid.

I think we sound desperate too.

I dont know it just doesn't give me a good vibe for some reason

This is just what this already clinically depressed board needs, another Tom Scully conspiracy thread.

were not discussing any conspiracy...the OP refers to Jimma asking the question.. and suggesting wed prefer an honest answer. Like it or not Scully is adding fuel to his own pyre simply by playing this dance-of-the-long-winded-guessing-game !

Amazing that so many other players from other clubs seem happy enough . willing and able to clarify things as to allegencies etc...Yet Master Tom cant....

give me a break

No conspiracy here Jaded....just Ablett-like bullsh!t !!

were not discussing any conspiracy...the OP refers to Jimma asking the question.. and suggesting wed prefer an honest answer. Like it or not Scully is adding fuel to his own pyre simply by playing this dance-of-the-long-winded-guessing-game !

Amazing that so many other players from other clubs seem happy enough . willing and able to clarify things as to allegencies etc...Yet Master Tom cant....

give me a break

No conspiracy here Jaded....just Ablett-like bullsh!t !!

Fine, he's going, maybe he's already signed. What's the point of going on and on about it?

If he wants to leave, good luck to him and I hope he enjoys a long unsuccessful career in that hell hole with a coach straight out of the looney bin. Money won't buy him success.

Can we just move on until we have confirmation?

Who said anything about Fawning?? Toughen up BB. The Kid can play. We need him.

Who said anything about Fawning?? Toughen up BB. The Kid can play. We need him.

toughen up...lol... Were all carrying on like hes the make or break of our future..

Reality check ...he hasnt really done that much to date...its all about "potential"

We are fawning over him ....look at the carry on to date.. are you blind you this perhaps ?

We toughen up..by saying..sign or go..

simple really

No player is that important.. its a team sport..we need a team..not one or two potential good'ens !!

just my view :)

toughen up...lol... Were all carrying on like hes the make or break of our future..

Reality check ...he hasnt really done that much to date...its all about "potential"

We are fawning over him ....look at the carry on to date.. are you blind you this perhaps ?

simple really

No player is that important.. its a team sport..we need a team..not one or two potential good'ens !!

I am not blind too anything BB, Scully is a gun midfielder ...and i am not fawning

Watch his Quarter against the dogs again 2010 He is a gun that we need to sign.

If he doesn't we will suffer...Simple Really.

Guest 36DD

simple really

Careful mate, I advocated this approach earlier this year and boy was I shouted down. Come round 20 I reckon we seek a definitive answer from him, then plan for the future with or without him.

Collective bargaining negotiations could go on for weeks or months after the season depending on if the AFL or AFLPA play hard ball. Does Scully really want to wait until he and his management have seen what is available in the salary cap?

Yes, this season has had its terribly disappointing moments but...

The ease with which Melbourne fans become pathetic, hand-wringers continues to astonish me.

We are not a big club, not at the moment. But you don't become a big club with the defeatist, pathetic attitude some on here show at the first sign of some gloom.

Success isn't linear and we coming from a ways back.

We will get to the summit. We might get there later rather than sooner, with different faces in different places, but we will get there.

I just hope that summit isn't another 47 years away. Go dees!

If i was Scully I'd leave. At the moment we are playing like GWS with half the payroll

Simple comment. He only has to look at GC, If he like money that bad GO FFS!! Over this [censored]!. The dees have far more pressing issues atm than Tom Scully.

here we go

It is zero-sum game in which we lose and GWS directly gains if we have that ultimatum in place.

There is no advantage.

He will stay or go (with enough time for us to prepare for his departure), and can only be pushed further away with an ultimatum in place.

It will never cross the minds of those at the club.

Since when is giving ultimatums to 19 year olds showing 'toughness'?

Hes not your average 19yo though is he ?

Hes a very disciplined very much in control of his life type of young man. He's no kid. He left that behind years ago !!

He's playing ball..make no mistake about this.. and he's winning .

I still think Roos has the idea.. either youre with us..or go.. Its simple.

We'd love you to stay.. You'll enjoy the ride and expereince much success. But if thats not your bag.. ..then pack yours.

He might actually want to be associated with a club with backbone...as opposed to one with none !!

Think about that !!

Grovelling is never a good look :rolleyes:

could well be the case, you couldn't really blame him could you

No...you couldnt , not for a moment..

Hes a dedicated footballer.. with talent. He applies himself to a regimine manyy others would choke at.. Hes somewhat military in his apporach. Why on earth would he want to hang around a team who's too insipid to call a spade a spade.. Who talk all thetalk...and never walk the walk .

He didnt pick us...we picked him. He's very self determining and this is lost on many.

Melbourne need to grow some... and he might just respect that in a club.. Other than the likes of Stynes what exactly is he too look up to at the moment ??

Some just dont want to face it..

you know... ..cant handle the truth !!

Melbourne need to grow some... and he might just respect that in a club.. Other than the likes of Stynes what exactly is he too look up to at the moment ??

It is contradictory to criticize the club and yet not make the same criticisms of the man who sets the agenda. Seems to happen alot on here.

Personally, I don't have a problem with where our club is at. We're not playing quite as well as we'd like but at seasons end, I believe our record will show that we've improved for the 4th consecutive season. Can't ask much more than that.

Edited by WAClark

It is contradictory to criticize the club and yet not make the same criticisms of the man who sets the agenda. Seems to happen alot on here.

Personally, I don't have a problem with where our club is at. We're not playing quite as well as we'd like but at seasons end, I believe our record will show that we've improved for the 4th consecutive season. Can't ask much more than that.

youre happy ?? good for you

Im not

Grovelling is never a good look :rolleyes:

Who's grovelling?

I just don't want to give an ultimatum to a talented 19 year old.

He will stay.

And he will stay, not because we confronted him and gave him the 'ol

, but because we are the best place for him to have success with his talented friends and peers in the city where his family lives.

. We're not playing quite as well as we'd like but at seasons end, I believe our record will show that we've improved for the 4th consecutive season. Can't ask much more than that.

Well I look forward to the imminent miracle and celebrating our improvement from 2010 at end of season

Here's food for thought. The footy gods have a way of making wheels turn in mysterious ways.

Scully had a knee injury in his final junior year and couldn't start training when he first came to the Dees. What if this latest knee injury is the next in a permanent line of knee problems. If we can't stop him from going to GWS, we will get a major bonus pick in the first round of the draft. I could see a strong argument for a first pick to replace him. We might end up with a gun player and he could end up at GWS and be a crock. Who knows. But like others I'm getting a bit over this topic. Good luck to anyone who wants to play with them after watching GC this year, who are going to be much better set up with better established players and juniors.

Here's food for thought. The footy gods have a way of making wheels turn in mysterious ways.

Scully had a knee injury in his final junior year and couldn't start training when he first came to the Dees. What if this latest knee injury is the next in a permanent line of knee problems. If we can't stop him from going to GWS, we will get a major bonus pick in the first round of the draft. I could see a strong argument for a first pick to replace him. We might end up with a gun player and he could end up at GWS and be a crock. Who knows. But like others I'm getting a bit over this topic. Good luck to anyone who wants to play with them after watching GC this year, who are going to be much better set up with better established players and juniors.

thats not the silliest scenario roaming these threads.