• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jack Watts

Roost It

After the last 2 weeks surely the kid deserves his own thread.

Loved his snap from the pocket, pity he missed but it showed class and confidence.

Jacky's going to be a football star!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the last 2 weeks surely the kid deserves his own thread.

Loved his snap from the pocket, pity he missed but it showed class and confidence.

Jacky's going to be a football star!!

I have not been a fan however over the last two weeks I have started to get some confidence.

I am begining to think he might turn into a good player.

Not sure I will go with "Star" just yet.

I will acknowledge a definite improvement over the last two weeks.

Edited by old dee

He's definitely improving, not sure about talking him up for that snap though.. it was a greedy effort as he had men on everywhere

having said that we were up by 75 or something, so I guss he was entitled, he gave a little grin after it

He's definitely improving, not sure about talking him up for that snap though.. it was a greedy effort as he had men on everywhere

having said that we were up by 75 or something, so I guss he was entitled, he gave a little grin after it

Loved it. To be the best you need to have great confidence in your abilities. That kick showed it and I hope the coach gave him a nod of approval.

One of the areas I think has improved, confidence.

"Go for it more often Jack"

Geez the kid really can't do anything right can he? If he'd landed that attempt would you still be calling him selfish? I doubt it.

I am all for "doing the team thing" but you have to have the confidence to back you own abilities.

He has been criticised (shocking I know) here on plenty of occasions for not having that and now that he has a dip he is criticised for that.

He's really never going to win.

Yeah, drop him. When will the kid play 4 Qtrs of footy?

Just puts his hand up then vanishes.

Sarcasm yes ;) ?!!!

Loved it, I spent last year yelling 'just take the shot ffs!'

He needs to back himself, and did, shame it missed. He did burn teammates, but he'll get the balance right.

Best 2 weeks he's strung together, maybe the silly sub was a good move?

He's getting into pack marking situations regularly, last year didn't look anywhere near it, I'm happy with the progress.

Loved it, I spent last year yelling 'just take the shot ffs!'

He needs to back himself, and did, shame it missed. He did burn teammates, but he'll get the balance right.

Best 2 weeks he's strung together, maybe the silly sub was a good move?

He's getting into pack marking situations regularly, last year didn't look anywhere near it, I'm happy with the progress.

Xxxxxactly! He'll go for it, then when he goes too far, he'll then learn to reign it in.

He's frustrating.

He looked like taking the game apart at the start of the second quarter. 3 good marks including a contested mark in the goal square, and a great lead to a terrific pass from Maric. He was giving Rutten the runaround and operating at 90% disposal efficiency which is just phenomenal. Even the little touches, the tackles, the knock-ons - all good.

And then he stops. Hardly touches the ball in the second half!!! Perhaps it's only a fatigue thing and he'll get better as he gets fitter.

At least his contributions occurred when the game was in the balance.

He's frustrating.

He looked like taking the game apart at the start of the second quarter. 3 good marks including a contested mark in the goal square, and a great lead to a terrific pass from Maric. He was giving Rutten the runaround and operating at 90% disposal efficiency which is just phenomenal. Even the little touches, the tackles, the knock-ons - all good.

And then he stops. Hardly touches the ball in the second half!!! Perhaps it's only a fatigue thing and he'll get better as he gets fitter.

Same could be said for Brad Green. Real footballers play well when the game is in the balance. Quarter 3 and 4 were junk time and I don't care about any of those moments.

Jack was fantastic and Brad finally lifted for our great club.

[censored]. should have picked nik nat

Despite all the media crap i think i would put them on equal footing from what we have seen so far. Natanui hasnt done much since he started, does some great athletic stuff but his footy smarts are terrible IMO. You should be saying 'should ave taken Hurley'.

Guest Artie Bucco

Geez the kid really can't do anything right can he? If he'd landed that attempt would you still be calling him selfish? I doubt it.

I am all for "doing the team thing" but you have to have the confidence to back you own abilities.

He has been criticised (shocking I know) here on plenty of occasions for not having that and now that he has a dip he is criticised for that.

He's really never going to win.

I guarantee you, he would have been accused of overusing the footy, trying to be too cute, instead of taking a clear shot and "kicking the sort of goal he needs to if he's going to be a star."

Actually, that's probably the next stage of criticism, once the mongoloids concede he isn't a complete bust.

Despite all the media crap i think i would put them on equal footing from what we have seen so far. Natanui hasnt done much since he started, does some great athletic stuff but his footy smarts are terrible IMO. You should be saying 'should ave taken Hurley'.

i was being sarcastic............

lolz

He's frustrating.

Two things.

Firstly he played a lot deeper in the second half, and we know historically that that doesn't always suit him.

Secondly he runs around so much in his role that he is bound to get tired. He is fit, but he doesn't have the tank to run around for 4 quarters yet.

There is no doubt that he has answered a lot of the question marks that were hovering above his head over the past few weeks. The questions some had about hardness, contested marking and running to the right positions seem to have all been answered. Not emphatically, but it's a start.

Watts played on a very very good player yesterday who I'm guessing has at least 10kg on him, and was excellent. But it's the cleanliness below his knees, his pace off the mark and his disposal (both in terms of skills and decision making), that makes him so special. All the other 'typical KPF' stuff will come slowly.

He's frustrating.

He's still a boy. His hunger will grow with him. And as you say, when he starts to increase fitness and capacity, the hard work will get a little easier. And more enjoyable.

Watts has given the ball off about 20 times in his short career so far when he should have had a ping. I loved it that he had the confidence to have a crack. I WANT our key forward to be hungry for a goal. He is really starting to lead aggressively and players are starting to look out for him. He is not far away from a little haul me thinks.

Edited by big_red_fire_engine

Watts has given the ball off about 20 times in his short career so far when he should have had a ping. I loved it that he had the confidence to have a crack. I WANT our key forward to be hungry for a goal. He is really starting to lead aggressively and players are starting to look out for him. He is not far away from a little haul me thinks.

It might be a big call, but I think Watts will be the best player from the draft in 2-3 years time.

At the moment, Hill and Hurley are streaks ahead of him, but watch out for a fully developed 100kg, 2.7sec over 20m, Jack Watts

It might be a big call, but I think Watts will be the best player from the draft in 2-3 years time.

At the moment, Hill and Hurley are streaks ahead of him, but watch out for a fully developed 100kg, 2.7sec over 20m, Jack Watts

He showed a lot in that first half yesterday didn't he...If you watch the replay there are a couple of close ups of him and you can see that he is becoming far more comfortable out there.

In the 2nd half he had adelaide's best defender on him, but he still competed and got some good tap ons, he will get better by the weeks.