Ins and Outs Vs Crows

DemonOX

OUT: Morton, Dunn

IN: MacDonald, Bate

Bate straight swap for Dunn; self explanatory.

MacDonald in for Morton, allowing Grimes to move to a midfield role to give us a better chance of clearances and harder tackling around the middle.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OUT: Morton, Dunn

IN: MacDonald, Bate

Bate straight swap for Dunn; self explanatory.

MacDonald in for Morton, allowing Grimes to move to a midfield role to give us a better chance of clearances and harder tackling around the middle.

Makes the most sense out of all other suggestions in this thread.

Sadly they won't drop Davey or Green, although both are horrid this season.

I'd make Davey a sub though, and swap him with Bennell.

Bate will surely get a game given his 6 goal effort, although it wasn't such a dominant performance.

I worry about J.Mac, he is prone to too many brain fades, but I want Grimes in the middle so it makes sense to have him play the sweeper role. Unless of course we want to try Petterd down back again. Afterall that is where he started his career.

Edited by Jaded

IN: Petterd, Maric, Bate, Jetta

OUT: Morton, Wonaeamirri, Bennell, Dunn

Also consider Warnock for Rivers

I thought I read during the pre-season that Warnock was doing some work with the forwards? Could we try something different and give him a crack up there?

If not him, I'd like to see some innovation and maybe looking at someone like Garland to give us a new option in attack.

OUT: Frawley, Sylvia, Rivers, Green, Dunn.

IN: Petterd, Maric, Macdonald, Warnock, Jetta.

Ah Sylvia? He was one of our bests! He may not have had a great game but seriously get a grip. How you miss Bennell and Wona out there. There are horrible at the moment. Bennell never has had an impact and reminds me of Isaac Weetra! Sooner he is gone the better, never seen a softer afl player in my time.

Petterd has been poor across in Casey, how does he warrant a selection, MacDonald, he was full of errors yesterday and is a poor kick. Bate kicked 6 easy goals against a side that has lost 4 in a row and no AFL club attached..

Big Jake Spencer deserves a call up, his 2nd 3rd attempts at the ball is what is required by the senior side.. something that seems to be lacking.

What a ill informed comment on Watts, he was one of the best Thursday..

good thing you are not a selector.

In what i saw of the casey game Howe & Nicholson are promising rookies. And Newton is garbage.

I never said Drop Watts and yes he was one of our better players on the weekend but sd did not have a good player on Thursday night... In general 90% of his games he has been playing like he was at school...

Ricky Pettard is in our best 22 - Thats simple and MacDonald offers some run out of our defence...

Jake Spencer tries hard but at this stage is miles off from AFL level.. Cant have Spencer and Martin the same team...

I'd suggest no change.

Bailey puts it onto the playing group (from Thursday's fiasco) to redeem themselves. Bailey should also let them know that if players, that underperformed against WC, are again crap Vs Adelaide that they will be dropped for a month (at least) and having to sweat blood to get back in the side.

Agree. Give them another chance. Bailey having faith in a few underperforming guys might give them a bit of motivation to put in for him.

Mass changes however if we turn in another shocker against the Crows.

Ah Sylvia? He was one of our bests! He may not have had a great game but seriously get a grip. How you miss Bennell and Wona out there. There are horrible at the moment. Bennell never has had an impact and reminds me of Isaac Weetra! Sooner he is gone the better, never seen a softer afl player in my time.

Not sure is as soft as you say but he avoids any close heavy work like the plague.

Outside receiver on his good days.

Adelaide wil have him shaking already.

Out at Casey for mine.

I agree on Wona he has had plenty of chances and produced 3-4 good games the rest are odd quarters here and there.

The sad thing is that we played what I believe was our best available 22 against West Coast. You guys can all drop Bennell, Wona and Gysberts if you want but it's not exactly striking at the heart of the issue is it? This is just stuffing around with 0.1%ers - the real problems with this side can't be addressed by shuffling around the 18th-21st players. The real "problem players" were our senior ones - Green, Moloney, Davey and Sylvia specifically, and since there's no chance they'll be dropped then I'd forget about trying to solve our problems with team selection.

So for me it's Dunn out, Petterd in. Exactly the same as I said last week. The reason I elect to persevere with the names mentioned previously but give Dunn the chop is because the others deserve some benefit of the doubt due to their level of development. I've given up on Dunn as being any part of our present or our future so I'd be getting him out of the side ASAP.

As well as giving us nothing on the field I think Dunn's arrogance towards the opposition on occasion has been sickening. Needs to be reminded just what it takes to be an AFL "star". The club needs to make a stand and drop Bennell, Dunn and Morton at a minimum. Soft, soft, soft.

Am I the only one that wants Grimes and Tapscott expelled from our backline ASAP? Both are great natural talents but due to out pathetic game plan they are forced to go against their instincts. Bringing Macdonald and Warnock in will free those Grimes and Tapscott up to join our midfield rotations. Macdonald and Warnock will bring some hardness to our defence. Adelaide have a great marking forward line, so I have no problem staking our defence with talls.

I was hoping that Petterd would do enough at Casey to earn a recall but Bate now gets his spot.

In: Bate, Macdonald, Maric, Warnock

Out: Bennell, Dunn, Morton, Wonaeamirri

B: Macdonald, Warnock, Rivers

HB: Bartram, Frawley, Garland

C: Gysberts, Moloney, Trengove

HF: Davey, Bate, Green

F: Jurrah, Watts, Maric

Foll: Jamar, Jones, Sylvia

Int: Bail, Grimes, Martin, Tapscott (sub)

I never said Drop Watts and yes he was one of our better players on the weekend but sd did not have a good player on Thursday night... In general 90% of his games he has been playing like he was at school...

Ricky Pettard is in our best 22 - Thats simple and MacDonald offers some run out of our defence...

Jake Spencer tries hard but at this stage is miles off from AFL level.. Cant have Spencer and Martin the same team...

I never mentioned anything about dropping Watts from you end, read carefully. your comment re him playing 90% of his games like a school boy is a comment made by someone who only has opinions of him from what they read. You watch him and only him for a game and you will see that he is a smart player and he is often ignored when in space or a good position. He is treated very unfair. Jack Watts in Collingwoods forward line would be kicking 50 goals this season.

On form Ricky Petterd is not in the best 22, MacDonald is a player full of errors, BUT I agree with Warnock coming back in, he has played quite well for Casey.

Jake Spencer, how about driving to Casey ad watching him play. This kid is not the same Jake Spencer from 2010. Jamar, Spencer & Martin in the same side.. I do not see the issue. Jamar for obvious reasons, Martin can play anywhere, such an agile tall. Spencer, he has become very agressive, throws himself into the ball for 2nd, 3rd efforts. How many Demons have done that this season? Not many.

PS, its Petterd not Pettard, if you rate him highly give him the respect in learning his name.

I'd suggest no change.

Bailey puts it onto the playing group (from Thursday's fiasco) to redeem themselves. Bailey should also let them know that if players, that underperformed against WC, are again crap Vs Adelaide that they will be dropped for a month (at least) and having to sweat blood to get back in the side.

Bailey, Bailey!

It's not Bailey thats failing. It's the selecting to small and inexperienced sides against the bigger more powerfull sides. Horses for courses!

We need a minimum of 2 more and Prob' 3 more big bodies for the stronger more powerfull teams.

Going with the same side is just trying to stir the supporters up for a linching! But they'ld be linching the wrong man. Selectors people! Match committee!

I hope the coach can get his way with the teams HE Wants.

I never mentioned anything about dropping Watts from you end, read carefully. your comment re him playing 90% of his games like a school boy is a comment made by someone who only has opinions of him from what they read. You watch him and only him for a game and you will see that he is a smart player and he is often ignored when in space or a good position. He is treated very unfair. Jack Watts in Collingwoods forward line would be kicking 50 goals this season.

On form Ricky Petterd is not in the best 22, MacDonald is a player full of errors, BUT I agree with Warnock coming back in, he has played quite well for Casey.

Jake Spencer, how about driving to Casey ad watching him play. This kid is not the same Jake Spencer from 2010. Jamar, Spencer & Martin in the same side.. I do not see the issue. Jamar for obvious reasons, Martin can play anywhere, such an agile tall. Spencer, he has become very agressive, throws himself into the ball for 2nd, 3rd efforts. How many Demons have done that this season? Not many.

PS, its Petterd not Pettard, if you rate him highly give him the respect in learning his name.

Al Nicholson could kick 50 goals in Collingwoods team... If he's being ignored then perhaps the other player shave no faith in him....

He may be the smartest player in our team but 90% of people cant be wrong. I am the first to defend playing him as he will benefit from playing but to ignore this being the primary reason he is in the side is being ignorant..

As for PettErd i'm sorry for miss typing his name. to be honest responding to someone like yourself that attacks other posters (other paid up members cheering for the same outcome as yourself) doesn't justify me to waste a spell check on you.

Edited by Nicho

Al Nicholson could kick 50 goals in Collingwoods team... If he's being ignored then perhaps the other player shave no faith in him....

He may be the smartest player in our team but 90% of people cant be wrong. I am the first to defend playing him as he will benefit from playing but to ignore this being the primary reason he is in the side is being ignorant..

As for PettErd i'm sorry for miss typing his name. to be honest responding to someone like yourself that attacks other posters (other paid up members cheering for the same outcome as yourself) doesn't justify me to waste a spell check on you.

Just give up, carefully read your argument regarding Watts. You nullify your argument at every turn.

So responding to your post is attacking you, if thats the way you see it, I apologise it was not intended to hurt your feelings. I am just conveying my view across, but I would assume you do not take kindly to criticism?

I hope you were not referring to me not being a paid up member? My membership is now entering into adulthood, it is of legal age now. I converted my wife into a Demon and she is also a fully paid up member, My son was a member of this club at 3 days old...

PS - Just to let you know Petterd would not be in your spellcheck.

Just give up, carefully read your argument regarding Watts. You nullify your argument at every turn.

So responding to your post is attacking you, if thats the way you see it, I apologise it was not intended to hurt your feelings. I am just conveying my view across, but I would assume you do not take kindly to criticism?

I hope you were not referring to me not being a paid up member? My membership is now entering into adulthood, it is of legal age now. I converted my wife into a Demon and she is also a fully paid up member, My son was a member of this club at 3 days old...

PS - Just to let you know Petterd would not be in your spellcheck.

Once again you are wrong.. I Wasn't suggesting you are not a member just that we are all dreaming of Demon success so you can drop that thought....

As i can only imagine you would be sitting at home giggling at yourself at your misguided arguments it makes me sad to realise i support this same club as you.. You remind me as someone that should be supporting Collingwood.

Can someone please tell me what Stef Martin brings to the field?

Poor awareness, shocking skills and no good when the ball hits the ground.

I might be too critical, but I'm sick of the club keeping these 'projects' on the list.

Agree...

tries hard but hard to see him being in a p-side

Collingwood have one in Leigh Brown but todays last quarter put him streets ahead of Martin.

Quality stuff from the two above.

OK - Dunn out for Bate. Dunn is not working hard enough. We are getting little offensively & if he is there as a defensive forward, why isn't he racking up tackles ? Squib - out.

Bate in, not because of the 6 goals but because he worked hard up & down the ground for Casey. Actually presented as though he wanted the ball kicked to him which none of our lot are doing. OK, they were playing against witches hats but he put in the effort.

Warnock in. I'm no fan but the Crows have a number of talls in McKernan, Walker & Tippet. Grimes at around 6 ft will be found out again as he was against the Eagles talls.

I'd like to see Frawley move up the ground & take Grimes running back role. Grimes to move into the midfield to help with clearances. To accommodate that we turf out a mid. Bennell or Morton - don't care which one

If Tapscott gets a week, Joel MacDonald comes in. He is a bit of a butcher but he puts in & has a strongish body.

In : shepherds, blocks, gut-running, head over the ball, holding your position

Out : midfield cheating, refusing to present, one way running, slipped tackles, hailing cabs

I want to beat the Crows. But more than that, I want to see this group prepared to do the 1%ers that good teams take as non negotiable

Davey as sub. He is turning into Kane Cornes, running round blokes who actually get the ball, looking for cheap kicks. Needs a kick in the arse.

Edited by Go the Biff

On form Ricky Petterd is not in the best 22

Thank god someone said it!

Quite how a player doing nothing better than "OK" at Casey is being touted at the second messiah is a bit beyond me. Even his own tweet after the Casey game said he was flat.

Seems to me people are clutching at straws, looking for simple solutions. We didn't get walked on last week because Petterd wasn't in the team.

The problem with "Fan Selections" this week, is that most of the team was subpar, so hard to pick out just one or two names from that train wreck. Not to mention, we need to weigh up who could actually come in and actually bring something that we're not getting at the moment. I don't see anyone running round at Casey who's better than Davey and/or Green.

Bate, maybe Newton have surely earned a call-up. But not sure that Jetta for Bennel or Wonna is doing much more than rotating the deck chairs. I would have thought that Warnock or Joel Mac, both older and more experienced, might have a strong(er) case.

Interesting to see how the selectors/FD react though. Do they slash and burn, or do they up the ante by making minimal changes and demanding that everyone steps up to the plate?

Quality stuff from the two above.

OK - Dunn out for Bate. Dunn is not working hard enough. We are getting little offensively & if he is there as a defensive forward, why isn't he racking up tackles ? Squib - out.

Bate in, not because of the 6 goals but because he worked hard up & down the ground for Casey. Actually presented as though he wanted the ball kicked to him which none of our lot are doing. OK, they were playing against witches hats but he put in the effort.

Warnock in. I'm no fan but the Crows have a number of talls in McKernan, Walker & Tippet. Grimes at around 6 ft will be found out again as he was against the Eagles talls.

I'd like to see Frawley move up the ground & take Grimes running back role. Grimes to move into the midfield to help with clearances. To accommodate that we turf out a mid. Bennell or Morton - don't care which one

If Tapscott gets a week, Joel MacDonald comes in. He is a bit of a butcher but he puts in & has a strongish body.

In : shepherds, blocks, gut-running, head over the ball, holding your position

Out : midfield cheating, refusing to present, one way running, slipped tackles, hailing cabs

I want to beat the Crows. But more than that, I want to see this group prepared to do the 1%ers that good teams take as non negotiable

Davey as sub. He is turning into Kane Cornes, running round blokes who actually get the ball, looking for cheap kicks. Needs a kick in the arse.

HaHaHa, great post.

I agree with you. But I would drop the senior players. They are the ones showing NO leadership. Let them play at Casey and let the kids loose. Can't do any worse that the shiiiite I watched on Thursday. Sylvia, Davey, Green and Moloney. Our midfield stinks. Has for 3 years. We have the best tap ruckman in the comp and we are still pathetic at clearances.

No wonder the AFL doesn't give us more premium time slots. We don't deserve them.

many believe (outside Melbourne) that he has 9 brownlow votes in 4 games....not what i call lacking or shiite, but hey

Also sylvia ranks eqaul third before the weekend with percentage of score involvements per club, equal with Ablett....

dont just look at the westcoast game

Green and Davey need to lift big time

many believe (outside Melbourne) that he has 9 brownlow votes in 4 games....not what i call lacking or shiite, but hey

Also sylvia ranks eqaul third before the weekend with percentage of score involvements per club, equal with Ablett....

dont just look at the westcoast game

Green and Davey need to lift big time

Agreed...

Green and Davey are the 2 players that need ti improve the most.. Would probably be on the most $$$ and delivering the least.. Davey needs to add more strings if tagged he is disgraceful and conceded free thru frustration.. and Green had just been putrid all year.

I have deleted a number of very inappropriate posts from this thread.

Tensions may be high, but posters are nonetheless required to abide by the COC or your stay at 'Land will be shortened.

Thank you.