Caroline Wilson writes on alleged "tension" at the MFC

M_9

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty much how i smelt the air yesterday....it's put up time. The time where the soft underbelly must leave us forever.

The Current FD have 18 games to pull it together....

... and it could come sooner, because if we don't improve over our performances so far this year, we may well lose the next 3 games and the pressure will really be on, and our draw gets a lot harder after that. I think we need to show improvement in performance over the next few weeks, or questions will really start to be asked about whether we're getting the best out of our list.

Edited by Akum

Of our coaching list, excluding Viney, Connolly, Harrington (more off-field, not match day coaches) i'd say a complete review is needed in terms of our coaching department. We have no gameplan. Todd Viney readily admitted that in an interview not that long ago. How can we not have a gameplan, no matter how inexperienced or developed a team is? That is simply inexcusable, no wonder the player's don't have a clue of how to play to Bailey's gameplan - he hasn't got one. Should he and half the coaching staff be moved on at year's end (cough Mahoney, Royal cough) i wouldn't be losing any sleep, put it that way.

This ain't a gentleman's club. If you're not good enough, then move on, we're in the business of winning premierships, not friendships.

I'm starting to agree with your comments re the inhouse stories, getting out through Caro both times. I don't think Caro is "After us",,, but someone is loading up the ammunition to her to fire out into the free world. Like propaganda confetti.

Question is, where is Caro getting this inside info from, and from Who, what is this persons agenda,,, and Why???

Who does she know from Melbourne?

put the crack pipe down and step away from the keyboard....

but seriously, very creative use of the style buttons :)

Yep sack him, 3 games in, 2.5 wins so far, let's just get rid of him already.

Christ.

*4 games in.

Bailey should be concerned...............rebuild or not, a win / loss record of 16 and 51 is pathetic........even Knights who went down a similar youth policy (though not quite to the same extent) was 25-39 with the Bombers, and he was booted.

Knights inherited a better list in terms of mature players.

It's a hunch of mine, albeit based on more facts than my hunch about Tapscott. :lol:

Haha, respect for acknowledging that.

Considering what has taken place the last few years with the state of the list, I think using the 16 and 51 argument is weak. Bailey inherited the list. It's like "here DB, here's a piece of A4 paper with 35 holes in it, now fix it, and here is your Junction office and resources (handing him a shoebox)."

I think you can virtually wipe the first two years as far as results go, the list was a shambles and we played accordingly. Start with 2010. Therefore more likely 10-2-14 is a closer reflection on his performance IMO.

I agree with your last sentence.

That's true, and I'm not advocating he gets the bullet on the numbers alone, just making the point that other clubs have seen fit terminate coaches with superior records to Bailey.

A near full strength list, the right facilities, a hand picked coaching staff, a young team on the up......Bails is in trouble unless we improve!

Bailey's gone, let's face it that's what it says and the MFC have been caught out by Caro, who is in fact often on the money with these types of articles. Stynes and Schwab know how good are talent is and that other clubs would be salivating at it. They have got the best possible people to fill the board, the best training facilities they can muster, the best list they can draft. The one thing we don't have in place yet is the best..... I'll let you fill in the blanks.

Remember it will all fall over if we 1. Don't retain the talent we have and 2. Don't fully develop the players we have and 3. Don't come up with the next Premiership game plan.

There's been alot of talk about just beating your opponent to win matches but the last 4 Premiers have all used a well drilled game plan to win the silverware. We kept Daniher too long, let's never make that mistake again.

Go for it.

It seems to be missed, the detail in the article that "club insiders 'insist' that Connolly's role has largely been centered on exterior issues such as fan engagement and the club's relationship with Casey".

As the article points out previous to this, "Football boss Chris Connolly and his role has been the subject of much speculation, with suggestions that the relationship between Connolly and Bailey was not ideal".

This 'suggestion' has floated around for a while and I'm not sure what purpose a football boss is serving if he is administering such duties as outlined.

There is clearly much work to be done by the current coaching group. The article on St.Kilda in the same paper sat well next to this one today and MFC would do well to learn from those mistakes.

Edited by Red Sox

Will no one speak in Bailey's defence

probably appropriate on the eve of Good Friday that no one has a good word to say about him

( notwithsanding his demeanour, his teaching ethic, his character etc)

I like Bails, i want him to succeed, but he must step up this year. As Jimma said at the AGM last, "We must all still improve"

Honestly?

I think he was bought in primarily as a development coach more than a game-strategy coach. Now we're at the point where game strategy is needed, it's either shape up or ship out.

That is exactly why i would like Bails to still be around if a change is made...He still has a lot to offer this club, i know it is not the norm..But i think Bails has been brilliant in standing up in front of this club over the last 3 years.

That is exactly why i would like Bails to still be around if a change is made...He still has a lot to offer this club, i know it is not the norm..But i think Bails has been brilliant in standing up in front of this club over the last 3 years.

It's a fair point, but we can't afford to persist if he doesn't shape up.

The reality is, the club expectation for this season seems to be a minimum of 10th and/or ten wins. Next season, finals. If he falls behind this he will go as the expectation is to be a regular finals side by 2014 and starting to challenge for a flag.

Edited by Striker475

It's a fair point, but we can't afford to persist if he doesn't shape up.

The reality is, the club expectation for this season seems to be a minimum of 10th and/or ten wins. Next season, finals. If he falls behind this he will go as the expectation is to be a regular finals side by 2014 and starting to challenge for a flag.

Absolutely..i was meaning more that if the coach is replaced i would like to see Dean kept on as an assistant (if he wants it) he is an astute man i have no doubt.

Any one else notice Caro's article for tommorrow's Age titled "The troubles at Demonland" Sounds like we're going to get another richmond person Schwab bashing.

I am under the impression that the Melbourne Football Club have already spoken to Mick Malthouse's Management. Dean Bailey is under the pump big time, I will not be surprized if Bailey is the next Matt Knights.

Guest 36DD

C'mon we are getting all hot and bothered due to an article written by Caro.

Second installment is due in The Age tomorrow. Caro lost what little credibility she had following he insipid back-pedalling on Football Confidential last week. Precious Eddie obviously was offended re: the Troy Taylor-Liam Jurrah comment and Caro retracted, gutless effort.

Edited by 36DD

I've been wondering lately, with the amount of other coaches about, how important is a coach? I'd love to see it from behind the scenes. I look at Essendon's set up and see great footy brains that are probably running the team together (along with the other coaches).

Would it be that bad if the club was to get, say, a Mick Malthouse and keep Bails as either a development coach, or as main coach and create a position for MM?

(I'm not necessarily advocating this position, just hypothesizing)

Whether I rate this persons ability to judge coaches is another thing but that is from the horses mouth.

Was it from a horse's mouth?