This could be the nail in Bailey's coffin

fired up

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melbourne, more than any of the traditional sides, is prone to lose these sorts of games.

Yes we are, we do have a soft underbelly-Way before Bailey arrived.

This club has got to retain it's players and entice others to want to come here.

If we in the next 2 games solidly i will be very happy.

According to Cam Schwab on whiteboard wednesday MFC are due to be contenders in 2013, how about a new coach in 2012 that has premiership experience (Malthouse), that way in the years of MFCbeing "contenders" they has an experienced coach behind them, to coach them through when it all goes wrong in the third quarter...

Does it escape you that Malthouse is a premiership coach at Collingwood because he was given 10 years to build and mould a list..?

For those that are interested, Malthouse was talking on SEN today before the match and spoke of recruitment.

He said, especially with the early picks, you recruit players based on character and leadership, then cultivate and nurture talent in those players.

We haven't given Bailey time to do this, and he has not long had the resources (albeit still not the resources of a Collingwood, with control over their own VFL team, amongst other things).

According to Cam Schwab on whiteboard wednesday MFC are due to be contenders in 2013, how about a new coach in 2012 that has premiership experience (Malthouse), that way in the years of MFCbeing "contenders" they has an experienced coach behind them, to coach them through when it all goes wrong in the third quarter...

How about we stick with Bailey?

At least give him a chance...

Does it escape you that Malthouse is a premiership coach at Collingwood because he was given 10 years to build and mould a list..?

He also took the pies to the GF in 2002 & 2003, and the pies have played finals under him 6of his 10 seasons. Also had fantastic years with the Eagles. I personally do not see DB doing this with the current side. Thats my opinion, Im 100% confident the MFC know what they are doing. (that last bit was not sarcasm)

You are aware that each time he even challenged for a flag, he was afforded the time to either build a side, or prepare a partially built side when not building from scratch?

He has been afforded time to instill a culture in his club.

Bailey is part of the way to doing that.

dropping petterd this week astounds me

Another insightful post ...

Meanwhile, this from KC's report on Casey:

" Ricky Petterd - It was a pretty flaky performance in which he went from producing the spectacular to periods when he seemed to disappear from sight. Won't get a promotion on that effort."

We didn't smash them at all. We were not more dominant in this game at any point than what the Lions were in the first quarter. That wasn't a poor effort. It was a dumb, urgency-lacking quarter. Really frustrating to watch. Like seeing your teenage son get expelled from high school. I wanted to give them all a slap across the head for that quarter.

He lives to fight another fortnight now. Keep the sword of Damocles poised over his head. Competitiveness for us means for us to remain in the hunt for a finals spot at every round of the season. If we drop out of the running early then drop the sword. Only a top eight finish will keep his job next season.

He lives to fight another fortnight now. Keep the sword of Damocles poised over his head. Competitiveness for us means for us to remain in the hunt for a finals spot at every round of the season. If we drop out of the running early then drop the sword. Only a top eight finish will keep his job next season.

So you have set it up so you can keep bagging him all year unless he proves himself to you? Obviously winning today would have upset your plans to rev everyone on here up all week about DB needing to have nails put into his coffin...

I'll let the guys at Bunnings know you won't be down for those nails for the coffin yet but you need them to put some steel on hold for a sword apparently?

With friends like you supporting the club who needs enemies....

So you have set it up so you can keep bagging him all year unless he proves himself to you? Obviously winning today would have upset your plans to rev everyone on here up all week about DB needing to have nails put into his coffin...

I'll let the guys at Bunnings know you won't be down for those nails for the coffin yet but you need them to put some steel on hold for a sword apparently?

With friends like you supporting the club who needs enemies....

Yawn!

Yawn!

Why are you a Melbourne supporter?

This club clearly gives you nothing but pain and you clearly hate everything we do, so stop wasting your time and move on.

God I HATE people who just complain about everything all the damn time... and WE WON! Absolute joke :rolleyes:

You are aware that each time he even challenged for a flag, he was afforded the time to either build a side, or prepare a partially built side when not building from scratch?

He has been afforded time to instill a culture in his club.

Bailey is part of the way to doing that.

I do not understand a game plan that constantly has 18 MFC players in one half of the ground!

Would someone explain to me how you score when everyone is in the defensive end of the ground.

Time and Time we got the ball to the half forward line and there was no one to recieve the ball.

On five occasions I say players hold onto the ball and lose it or kick to vacant space

Because there was no one in the last 50 -60 meters of the ground.

And do not tell me I do not understand the modern Game.

IMO our game plan stinks and DB is the chief of that.

We were not more dominant in this game at any point than what the Lions were in the first quarter. That wasn't a poor effort. It was a dumb, urgency-lacking quarter. Really frustrating to watch. Like seeing your teenage son get expelled from high school. I wanted to give them all a slap across the head for that quarter.

Actually we were more dominant. We gave them gave them a 5 goal start and then beat them by 2 goals in low scoring, scratchy standard game.

What did your son get expelled for??

Oh well we can put down the torch and take off the batman mask for another week... :rolleyes:

If anything the first 3 rounds at this stage show is that we are a 3rd quartile side this year for the reasons given ad nauseam on this site.

The first coach in the league as we now know it that keeps one player in the forward 50 or the goal square for the entire game, every one else will follow. Jurrah, or Aussie, or JB in a one on one we would win it 8 to 9 times out of 10. :blink:

Bailey was pretty animated after the game. I think the word came from the top to start showing something. The club has moved to a new level and deadpanning to the press about development and so forth won't cut it. It worked for him. I rate the guy. He's intelligent and super competitive. He can also string a sentence together, unlike Malthouse.

Bailey was pretty animated after the game. I think the word came from the top to start showing something. The club has moved to a new level and deadpanning to the press about development and so forth won't cut it. It worked for him. I rate the guy. He's intelligent and super competitive. He can also string a sentence together, unlike Malthouse.

Silly comment.

One of the reasons I hate Malthouse the most, is that he is so intelligent, articulate and seems such an awesome guy, but he's with bloody Collingwood.

I'd prefer he was an unlikeable, uneducated dribbling thug, but he's not.

I also seriously doubt that "word from the top" has come down for Bailey to be more animated.

Silly comment.

One of the reasons I hate Malthouse the most, is that he is so intelligent, articulate and seems such an awesome guy, but he's with bloody Collingwood.

I'd prefer he was an unlikeable, uneducated dribbling thug, but he's not.

I also seriously doubt that "word from the top" has come down for Bailey to be more animated.

You seriously think Malthouse is articulate? I find him a spluttering fool. I don't doubt he's a good coach, the record speaks for itself, but that doesn't make him bright. As to Bailey, did you see him interviewed?

Mick Malthouse is one of the sharpest coaches around....ad he is not bright??? :o

As for Bailey, he was clearly critical on the replay I saw in the last quarter. Jones dropped mark (where Nailey and Jones were clearly animated in discussion. There were a few other efforts which were 2nd rate from players who should be delivering more.

I am sure Jimmy and the Board read D'land and have determined the critical ingredient "Tell coach to get animated." Shrewd move.