LUKE TAPSCOTT

Sideshow Bob

How dare you say that about The Veronica's !

They haven't even made the selection table and already you've slagged them......

Look, I haven't seen them play, I just have a feeling they're not very good.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tatts numbers:Try 7 12 13 23 30 36

I'm not trolling just expressing anopinion people don't want to hear.

I'll be honest I don't even know why I think it, it's just a hunch and my hunch's are usually, in fact always correct.

Most people around here would know me as a fairly reasonable poster who sees the bright side of Demon life, on this I've taken the other road. We'll see how it comes out.

The match commitee can easily be wrong. Weetra, Miller, Newton, to name a few.

And yes Viney is a little suss on his left and I haven't even seen him!

I don't think people "don't want to hear" it I think they just disagree with it. if you had some facts or information that you could put forward your view may have a bit more credibility but you've got nothing other than your hunch, which appears to be always right, according to you.

I can't understand why you continue on with it you've made your point (?) so why not leave it at that and wait to see if you are right or wrong.

I don't think people "don't want to hear" it I think they just disagree with it. if you had some facts or information that you could put forward your view may have a bit more credibility but you've got nothing other than your hunch, which appears to be always right, according to you.

I can't understand why you continue on with it you've made your point (?) so why not leave it at that and wait to see if you are right or wrong.

I'm having an unreasonable day and thus I decided to spread it around

I'm having an unreasonable day and thus I decided to spread it around

Sorry to hear that but it can only get better weekend ahead and all.

I have a hunch too, mine is that Luke Tapscott will be a 150 game plus player for Melbourne and will be the first enforcer we have had for many years, I saw him play in the practice match at Visy and he doesn't take a backward step. Let's see who has the luckiest hunch, I bet you hope it's me.

Luke Tapscott will be an absolute Gun for the MFC....There you go i have said it!!!! B)

good call was draft as a forward done every thing right in the back line as well as being our best long kick.

ABSOLUTE GUN in the making spoke to him at family day and is a really nice guy too :lol:

ABSOLUTE GUN in the making spoke to him at family day and is a really nice guy too :lol:

Well that seals it I'm over hunch's anyway. I'm on the Tapscott bandwagon too, and he's a nice guy!

I don't know whether Tapscott will be a star... however I do know one thing.

Tapscott has had a VERY injury interrupted pre-season. He didn't play NAB cup and only played 1.5 vfl games. He didn't play any games last year due to injury so has no exposed form... and yet... he has been rushed in to the team and picked for round 1, the first opportunity the club has had to put him in the seniors. He has been picked ahead of regulars like Bate and has leapfrogged Strauss, Blease and Gysberts.

It is plainly obvious that the match committee rate him very highly, to chuck him in the seniors at the first real opportunity, despite a very limited preparation.

This reminds me of exactly how the match committee treated Garland in his 2nd season. I remember he'd just come off an 8-week injury leading up to round 1 and had only played one (pretty crappy) game in his first season... and yet the match committee played him, and kept playing him every opportunity they got.

Why? Because the match committee, which deals with the players day in day out, can see when a player has something special and is going to be a really good afl player. The coach clearly rate young Tapscott!

Really good call i reckon. Bailey has mentioned him a few times this pre season, with particular reference to how he might be used tacticaly and as part of the teams response to the much discussed forward press (basically kicking over the bloody thing). I have no doubt from his comments the club see him as an important player "going forward" and at the moment, with us lacking some older players his physical strength/presence is no doubt been a factor in his call up.

For me i'm just keen to see new players and after all this year isn't the main game, 2 -3 years is and as Bailey has been at pains to say players need 50 - 60 games of AFL to really start to impose themselves. Tappy is starting the journey on Sunday and all power to him. I've got him in my starting sc line up so let's hope he starts with a bang.

If he's listed in the 18, does that mean he can't be one of the subs?

If not, I reckon that could be a clue as to why he's been included. Underdone, probably would tire in 120 minutes. Maybe this way they can ramp him up to match fitness?

If he's listed in the 18, does that mean he can't be one of the subs?

If not, I reckon that could be a clue as to why he's been included. Underdone, probably would tire in 120 minutes. Maybe this way they can ramp him up to match fitness?

The sub must be one of the four listed on the I/C and must be named no later than 90 minutes prior to match time. Tapscott won't be the sub

Barring early injuries, there's nothing to stop him being subbed off, though ...

... will be interesting to see how Bailey uses it, when injury doesn't force his hand.

Well I'm pretty pumped to watch tappy play. Don't think he will dominate but will be wrapt if he shows enough to get another game next week. The last month has been pretty negative from an MFC point, injuries, scully saga, falling out with Casey. Hope to see a few there tomorrow!!

The sub must be one of the four listed on the I/C and must be named no later than 90 minutes prior to match time. Tapscott won't be the sub

You're incorect. *

Kane Lucas was listed in the 18 and started as the sub.

* EDIT: I believe that you're right in that the sub must come from the I/C bench. Where the confusion lies is that the I/C bench isn't listed until 90 minutes before the match. Kane Lucas was listed in the starting 18 in the paper, but he was part of the bench in the final side and ultimately the sub.

While Tapscott is listed in the 18 in the newspaper it doesn'tmean that he'll be in the 18 90 minutes before the match, hence he could be the sub.

Edited by Hannabal

The club is obviously excited, they've sent me 3 texts to let me know Tappy's going to debut

Yeah, I got two.

I see there are some redundancies in the database down at AAMI Park...

Edited by rpfc

Was really pleased when Tapscott was drafted

Its been a long road but this kid now has the chance to show what he can do on the big stage

I anticipate something special with this kid this year

Good Luck to him

My hunch is opposite to the one Roost It has.

Strong body, good hands, hard with a thumping accurate kick.....all sounds good to me.

Watched those videos - and liked what I saw. He looked like a footballer - yes the soccer goal was fortunate but good footballers put themselves in that position and exceute. He keeps his feet in the contest - that ball at about 4:30 in the 2nd video is a good example. He showed good closing speed in a few tackling situations. Looks like he's got a couple of weapons and no major weaknesses. Looked reasonably clean, hard to see enough examples - if he has got a bit of acceleration - as seemed possible in those tackles - he could be a bit Byron ...

Edited by old55