Scully out

The Chazz

Pray tell who we could have got instead. RC has cost us next to nothing, is a chance to play eventually and in the meantime is a valuable resource when it comes to passing on tips and tricks to up and comers like Gawn, Fitzpatrick etc... he is a premiership ruckman and he has been involved in clinics training kids. Not a waste of time at all if you bother to look at the bigger picture.

Should have kept Johnson.. Didn't mind that bloke. Least his fit

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange I reckon you are right. The thing that bothers me is it was reported 3 weeks go he had knee soreness so why was this not picked up 3 weeks ago and rested then?

might as well get used to him not playing for us, it's going to happen in the near future premanently !! :mad:

I repeat, PJ has barely been sighted on the track at Hawthron this pre-season, didn't play any of the trial matches and is coming off very limited preparation due to ongoing foot issues. So no, atm he's not fit.

It's a nil-all draw at this stage.

Aww damn! So close to me saying that we had come through the pre-season relatively well, at least in terms of no long term injuries then this happens! Jordie out for 6! Bugger! Scully is also a worry as the mid-field is not yet a strength.... we'd want all our guns on the park if we could have em... oh well... another year where we start the season proper with too many key players out... Frawley, Scully, Mckensie, Morton... Damn!

Just a reminder that this time last year we were looking at Jurrah, Sylvia and Morton on relatively long term injuries.

In 2 weeks time only Scully and McKenzie will be missing from our best lineup (pending no further injuries!), and in reality, both of them can be replaced in the short term. All this does is delay their development by a few weeks. Hardly a big deal.

As others have said,this gives guys like Tapscott, Gysberts and Jetta a chance that they may have otherwise missed out on.

I know Scully and McKenzie can play, so it's as good a time as any to see what the above 3 can do.

Don't know if anyone watched Cam Schwab's broadcast on Ustream today, but it doesn't sound all that serious. Said that if he was a senior player with a more mature body, they might have played him through it (or words to that effect).

Player management as much as anything by the sounds of it, not wanting a small problem to turn into a more serious and long-term one.

Yeah, I watched it. Got to say that is a great initiative by Cam Schwab. Answered a heap of questions.

Dodgy a few weeks ago, gets played and is now out for 4 weeks. Might not be serious but not sure it was managed well enough but who am I to judge.

HT already let the cat out of the bag with reference to GWS and he may be correct there.

So Scully only has 18 games left in red and blue at best?

No he has about 15 years and 18 games left...

And don't put words in HT's mouth.

might as well get used to him not playing for us, it's going to happen in the near future premanently !! :mad:

May aswell just change your name to True Pessimist, stop thinking the worst, support the kid like any other, with missed games via injury this year I hardly think it's a certain thing he is going!

Edited by Deemort

What's with all the wrist-slashing? We all know he's going to be a champion, but he isn't yet - and this is a seriously small setback in his development. This doesn't make James McDonald look any handier to me. This is an opportunity for a Gysberts or Tapscott to step up. I for one was wondering how to squeeze games in to these guys - here's chance #1.

This is a minor disappointment at worst, and even then it's one that has silver lining.

How are your rose coloured glasses today Nasher?

Gysberts has played two games and is obviously still has injury issues and Tapscott no games and a handful of average performances for Casey!

Truely do not expect much from either of them this side of June.

In the mean time we are without three of our best middle field players from last year.

My glasses are are bit more clear!

No he has about 15 years and 18 games left...

And don't put words in HT's mouth.

If you think this is a 4 match injury you are kidding.

4 games is the club spin. even with 4 matches rest then he has to get fit as he will not be able to run in this "rest period"

Start thinking June at the earliest before we see him in the seniors.

Pray tell who we could have got instead. RC has cost us next to nothing, is a chance to play eventually and in the meantime is a valuable resource when it comes to passing on tips and tricks to up and comers like Gawn, Fitzpatrick etc... he is a premiership ruckman and he has been involved in clinics training kids. Not a waste of time at all if you bother to look at the bigger picture.

Exactly.

PJ cant ruck, cant mark but has very good rover skills...We dont need that.

Campbell is a rookie. PJ was on the main list and his spot as Nasher said was taken by another player.

If you think this is a 4 match injury you are kidding.

4 games is the club spin. even with 4 matches rest then he has to get fit as he will not be able to run in this "rest period"

Start thinking June at the earliest before we see him in the seniors.

In other words you dont have any actual information to support your chest beating on this.

Exactly.

PJ cant ruck, cant mark but has very good rover skills...We dont need that.

Campbell is a rookie. PJ was on the main list and his spot as Nasher said was taken by another player.

In other words you dont have any actual information to support your chest beating on this.

How often is the Club position the truth, Mckenzie started out as 2 weeks now it is 6 weeks and mounting.

In my view he has OP with a different name, Moloney lost a year with it and it will not surprise me if the same happens to Mckenzie.

Both his and Scullys injuries stop them from doing much in the way of aerobic training, so whenever they resume it will be some time before they are fit enough to resume playing at senior level.

I just know from previous experience the club gives us all the positive spin when the truth is very often something different.

Remember there are memberships to be sold!

Gysberts has played two games and is obviously still has injury issues and Tapscott no games and a handful of average performances for Casey!

Truely do not expect much from either of them this side of June.In the mean time we are without three of our best middle field players from last year.

My glasses are are bit more clear!

Not expect much from either Tapscott or Gysberts this side of June ? Really ? We'll see about that won't we ??!!

For a start Tapscott has been named for Round 1.

Nasher's silver lining comment should ring true with you. Without Scully & McKenzie it allows others knocking on the door or those who are considered the future to commence their footy careers and gain development at AFL level. ie. Introduced earlier.

Remember there are memberships to be sold!

Oh yes, and they are selling like hot cakes. Even after the loss to the Hawks in Tassie in a praccy match...

Not expect much from either Tapscott or Gysberts this side of June ? Really ? We'll see about that won't we ??!!

For a start Tapscott has been named for Round 1.

Nasher's silver lining comment should ring true with you. Without Scully & McKenzie it allows others knocking on the door or those who are considered the future to commence their footy careers and gain development at AFL level. ie. Introduced earlier.

Oh yes, and they are selling like hot cakes. Even after the loss to the Hawks in Tassie in a praccy match...

Thanks for your wisdom HT!

over 4000 members from last year have not signed up yet Why is that do you think?

I hope Tapscott turns it on because we sure as hell need him to have a big first game.

In my view he has OP with a different name, Moloney lost a year with it and it will not surprise me if the same happens to Mckenzie.

Both his and Scullys injuries stop them from doing much in the way of aerobic training, so whenever they resume it will be some time before they are fit enough to resume playing at senior level.

I just know from previous experience the club gives us all the positive spin when the truth is very often something different.

There's always a fine line between getting a player fit enough to withstand the demands of modern AFL football, building strength, increasing aerobic capacity and managing training rates and injuries. And sometimes stuff just happens.

The club has experienced coaches, medicos, trainers, physiotherapists, physiologists and nutritionists. However, I guess all their professionalism just pales into insignificance compared to your propensity for suspicion and pessimism.

At least we haven't heard that it's Bohdan's fault. Yet.

over 4000 members from last year have not signed up yet Why is that do you think?

I hope Tapscott turns it on because we sure as hell need him to have a big first game.

old dee, every single year, year after year there is a churn rate where a few thousand by the end of March haven't renewed their memberships for one reason/circumstance or another. Just as is there are new members on board every year. We hear about this from at least half the competition, year after year.

Edited by High Tower
spelling

OD, there are always thousands of members from one year to the next that don't sign up. If it is 4k then that is pretty low.

As for the rest of what you have said...

Pure Syndrome.

One point - Nasher wasn't saying those boys will come in and be the difference between winning and losing. Only that they need development and we need to give them games.

Do you think they are all injured? You seem to be able to work things out without any facts. ;)

Pringles email might give you some better perspective.

Since when were facts necessary to work out what goes on at a football club,

The amounts of facts that they supply is usually what they want us to believe.

I will stick with my predications, time will tell which of us is correct.

I might add I will be very happy to be proved wrong