Jack Watts

Steamin Demon

I've been told due to sub par form during the pre season Jack Watts is probably going to be left out of the side for the season opener. I for one don't mind this, With his first real pre season under his belt I did expect a little more from him during the NAB cup/challenge. Competition in our forward line is going to be pretty fierce this year I think.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told due to sub par form during the pre season Jack Watts is probably going to be left out of the side for the season opener. I for one don't mind this, With his first real pre season under his belt I did expect a little more from him during the NAB cup/challenge. Competition in our forward line is going to be pretty fierce this year I think.

told by who ?

Are you really serious man?

You can add another 30 players to the list who deserve to miss out as well due to their poor practice matches.

I seriously doubt they have already chosen their round 1 side already, considering it's two and a half weeks away.

No way and when you deeply think about it- his form overall has been poor.

Forward line of :

Green Dunn Bate

Davey Jurrah Petterd

maybe their thinking.

As stated, if he does get dropped- gee that would make headlines.

He may well have been told that if his form doesn't improve he'll start at Casey but I'd be shocked if that was already locked 3 weeks from game day. What if he kicks 6 on the weekend?

Forward line of :

Green Dunn Bate

Davey Jurrah Petterd

maybe their thinking.

Ugh. Really?? Is this honestly what you think?

And I'm not sure it's possible to be dropped for the first round.

Left out of the side maybe.

In any case, I doubt there'd be any headlines...

Ugh. Really?? Is this honestly what you think?

And I'm not sure it's possible to be dropped for the first round.

Left out of the side maybe.

In any case, I doubt there'd be any headlines...

A number one draft pick unable to find his way into a mid-tier side in his third season ...

A definite headline grabber if it happens.

I seriously doubt they have already chosen their round 1 side already, considering it's two and a half weeks away.

Couldn't agree more and besides I thought he showed a bit against the Crows and Power, and the other two games .... well there were quiet a few blokes lacking good form.

I really find it amusing how quick people are to get on and off this kid, he started to show some really good signs in the later part of last year, super clean hand, etc. It'll only get better with games I'd be guessing.

I am not doubting the original post in saying he may be left out as his form has been poor/average but I agree with another poster if he dominates against the hawks and trains well why would he be left out of the season opener? The footy department will certainly be looking at what sort of side they will have for round one but surely have not selected there 22, 2 weeks out??

I am not doubting the original post in saying he may be left out as his form has been poor/average but I agree with another poster if he dominates against the hawks and trains well why would he be left out of the season opener? The footy department will certainly be looking at what sort of side they will have for round one but surely have not selected there 22, 2 weeks out??

I wouldn't be surprised if they were fairly close to knowing who will be running out against Sydney.

It would take a performance 'out of the box' to sway thinking at this late stage. That, and what side/structure the Swans look set to go with.

Where has this idea that Watts has been poor precipitated from..?

in adelaide he was good enough,

didnt really get much of a sniff in both the essendon and the brisbane match.

none the less, if bate gets a gig ahead of him in the forward line then that is a joke... bate is a good casey player, but if he plays many matches this season id be thinking we would have an injury or two.

Forward line of :

Green Dunn Bate

Davey Jurrah Petterd

maybe their thinking.

I have to admit I was disappointed against Essendon when he didn't snag 5 or 6 goals from our 35 inside 50s and tear the game apart.

It doesn't matter how hard you try, sometimes you just can't get enough sarcasm across in a post eh?

I have to admit I was disappointed against Essendon when he didn't snag 5 or 6 goals from our 35 inside 50s and tear the game apart.

It doesn't matter how hard you try, sometimes you just can't get enough sarcasm across in a post eh?

No I think you nailed the sarcasm well enough. And made a very good point.

He kicked a couple of goals last weekend in a losing side and kicked a couple in the 1st week plus one against Essendon when we were woeful. He has silky skills and can set up goals with his vision and precision. If that is an average output for a developing 19y.o., I'm not too unhappy with that in our round 1 side. We are still a developing team. We need to develop with Watts up forward learning the trade with his team mates.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Sounds fair. Make him earn it. Make all of 'em earn it. No fear or favour.

Sounds fair. Make him earn it. Make all of 'em earn it. No fear or favour.

Tonight on sports radio it was suggested by Gerard Healy and Wussell that Jack would be better served to play at CHB. Wussell then went on about that it has been ten years since a first draft pick hadnt won a rising star nomination and would Healy now have taken him a no.1 given what all the other picks have done ie Hurley, Ziebel etc. Healey said no (Cant remember who he said he would have taken) Please someone tell me what is it with Melbourne and Drainpipes.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Tonight on sports radio it was suggested by Gerard Healy and Wussell that Jack would be better served to play at CHB.

Both of those twerps love putting the boot into us so I don't care what they have to say. He'll come good sooner or later but I don't think he should ever get games just because he went #1. It will give him a born to rule mentality and that will do more harm than good.

Tonight on sports radio it was suggested by Gerard Healy and Wussell that Jack would be better served to play at CHB. Wussell then went on about that it has been ten years since a first draft pick hadnt won a rising star nomination and would Healy now have taken him a no.1 given what all the other picks have done ie Hurley, Ziebel etc. Healey said no (Cant remember who he said he would have taken) Please someone tell me what is it with Melbourne and Drainpipes.

Watts will come good. It has been stressed time and time again that he will take time to develop, and Schwab still says he's about 2-4 years away from being able to consistently dominate games (can't remember when he said this, think it might have been on twitter). Regardless, I think he will be a star of the competition, and he just needs to continue to get games so he can continue his upward trajectory.

I'm sick of reading people bagging Watts when the coaching staff continue to say he isn't close to his best.

He's only 19 years old, fcs.