"SKULL"

old55

Maybe a crackpot idea - I've had a few ...

In the tradition of the Val Perovic "WOOF", the Adem Yze "OOOOZE" and the Alan Toovey "TOOOOOV" we could start the Tom Scully "SKULL" every time he kicks the ball to show the football world he's ours.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the tradition of the Val Perovic "WOOF", the Adem Yze "OOOOZE" and the Alan Toovey "TOOOOOV" we could start the Tom Scully "SKULL" every time he kicks the ball to show the football world he's ours.

I prefer we yell out "SIGN!"

Who are you and what have you done with old55?

Has WJ highjacked your computer?

Great idea, and every time we yell " skull," we take a big sip of our beer and by half way through the first quarter,we are all [censored] and don't know what is going on.

Not too bad of an idea. Hope you don't mind me stealing the suggestion and running with it.

Not sure Skull will work like the others when the ball is kicked. Instead, I reckon each time Skully grabs the ball and set off running we should all be yelling out "Skull, Skull , Skull" in the great Aussie way, one Skull for each step maybe.

Not only would it have the effect you're looking for, will probably lead to all Collingw&%$ and Tigers supporters being passed out by quarter time.

• 3 months later...

I'm putting it back out there - we need to show him he's wanted when he runs onto the ground this week.

Good idea. Collective support is good encouragement and lends support for a positive environment. Fair to say from an external perspective it has been anything but...

I think we need to show him support. If every Melbourne supporter on Friday is worth their weight in gold and wants to keep their best players they'll support him.

Back in the 90's, there was a particular game where signs were given out to the crowd with 2 very strong words - "NO MERGER".

Maybe the Club should arrange for something similar, but usine the words "PLEASE STAY SCULLY" or "DON'T GO TOM". The other side can be a simple Blue with a Red V.

Is it going to far? Maybe. Does it have a sniff of desperation? Yes. But I strongly believe we are desperate to keep this kid, and while I don't think we should offer massive dollars to him, if he is made to feel part of the Demon Family, he'll find it hard to go anywhere.

Maybe it's an idea that we should look at in Round 23 game against the Suns (our last home game for the year). I just hope he will be playing in that match becuase I'll be there!

Guest fitness

SKULL SKULL SKULL

If this occurs on Queen's Birthday there will be lots of drunk Collingwood supporters around...

When I saw the title, I seriously thought this was going to be a thread about Jones.

The laws of probability dictated who it would be about.

Won't make a lick of difference. He is wanted at the MFC, no question. He would be embraced by this club for the rest of his life as a player, leader, captain and ex-player. His talent is such that he could be at the core of a premiership drought breaking side and that could place him in our next team of the century.

I don't know that shouting "BROOOOOCE" had much influence on that blokes decision making. Of course we didn't shout it often in the last few years so maybe he knew the love had died?

The laws of probability dictated who it would be about.

No doubt, but I tend to have improbable thoughts. I think it was an association between Chunk's head and a combination of the Skull from the old Marvel comics (possibly Capt America?) and the wrestler Skull Murphy. If I had time, I think I might worry about myself.

Great idea, and every time we yell " skull," we take a big sip of our beer and by half way through the first quarter,we are all [censored] and don't know what is going on.

This made my day.

Guest Artie Bucco

Back in the 90's, there was a particular game where signs were given out to the crowd with 2 very strong words - "NO MERGER".

Maybe the Club should arrange for something similar, but usine the words "PLEASE STAY SCULLY" or "DON'T GO TOM". The other side can be a simple Blue with a Red V.

Is it going to far? Maybe. Does it have a sniff of desperation? Yes. But I strongly believe we are desperate to keep this kid, and while I don't think we should offer massive dollars to him, if he is made to feel part of the Demon Family, he'll find it hard to go anywhere.

Maybe it's an idea that we should look at in Round 23 game against the Suns (our last home game for the year). I just hope he will be playing in that match becuase I'll be there!

This sign idea is cringeworthy and defeatist.

We as supporters would look pathetic and desperate, and be a mockery in the eyes of opposition supporters.

And finally, to Scully himself, I can't imagine this impacting Scully's decision, besides reinforcing the idea in his mind that this club is pathetic and desperate, and that he'd possibly have a greater chance of success elsewhere.

God, I hope nothing like this happens.

If anything, just total support of the man himself with no regard for the possibility of him ever going.

Full positive reinforcing support.

It's all about the message being sent.

We as supporters would look pathetic and desperate, and be a mockery in the eyes of opposition supporters.

And finally, to Scully himself, I can't imagine this impacting Scully's decision, besides reinforcing the idea in his mind that this club is pathetic and desperate, and that he'd possibly have a greater chance of success elsewhere.

God, I hope nothing like this happens.

If anything, just total support of the man himself with no regard for the possibility of him ever going.

Full positive reinforcing support.

It's all about the message being sent.

Wow, each to their own. I knew it was a cheesy idea but didn't think it was cringeworthy or being seen as having a defeatist attitude. Oh well, play on.

Wow, each to their own. I knew it was a cheesy idea but didn't think it was cringeworthy or being seen as having a defeatist attitude. Oh well, play on.

To take that action would be to assume that he is giving consideration to another contract, or has fielded another offer. Considering that he has stated that neither of these things have occurred I think it could be distracting and it's unnecessary.

By all means let's support the kid, but I think a strong united club with a clear sense of direction will offer a lot more incentive.

I like your other idea though Billy

It's not defeatist.

Defeatist would be holding up a sign with derogatory remarks toward Tom - thinking he has already gone.

People can make their signs, and yell out 'skull' but I just hope that there isn't the flipside of people yelling at him in the race to "sign up, you f....."

I don't know that shouting "BROOOOOCE" had much influence on that blokes decision making. Of course we didn't shout it often in the last few years so maybe he knew the love had died?

Perhaps people felt compelled to "zip it" whenever he had the ball, because the "BROOOOCE" may have contributed him to handpass hospital style...

tongue in cheek of course