Petition To Tom Scully

Guest hangon007

Guest hangon007

Dont know if this is a good or a bad idea (hope members take it in good faith). However, mod's feel free to remove if its not appropriate.

AIM - To get as many posters to sign and say a few words direct to Tom, in the off chance he may read.

Dear Tom

Sorry I'm no wordsmith, I can only speak from the heart. However, I've barracked for the Demons for nearly 30+ years now.

I've never seen a premiership and in you I feel we have the basis with Jack Grimes, Jack Trengrove, Jack Watts, Liam Jurrah, James Frawley plus many more to achieve our ultimate goal.

As my heart has beat red & blue all my football life, I hope from the bottom of my heart yours can too.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know if this is a good or a bad idea (hope members take it in good faith). However, mod's feel free to remove if its not appropriate.

AIM - To get as many posters to sign and say a few words direct to Tom, in the off chance he may read.

Dear Tom

Sorry I'm no wordsmith, I can only speak from the heart. However, I've barracked for the Demons for nearly 30+ years now.

I've never seen a premiership and in you I feel we have the basis with Jack Grimes, Jack Trengrove, Jack Watts, Liam Jurrah, James Frawley plus many more to achieve our ultimate goal.

As my heart has beat red & blue all my football life, I hope from the bottom of my heart yours can too.

Ughhh.... hangon007, you're like that needy guy at a party who won't leave the hot girl alone. Don't beg, have some damn dignity man!

I don't like this idea.

Very strong ditto! Tom has said through his manager that he won't be talking contracts until the end of the season. We should respect that, and let him concentrate on playing his best football for the Melbourne Football Club until the season is over.

The paranoia about Tom's future is ridiculous. We should have faith that our Club knows exactly what it is doing, and will put a very reasonable and responsible offer on the table when the time comes to talk contracts with Tom and every other player on our list.

Forget it, the boy's gone.

Learn to live with it in advance is my advice...

You have inside info Chopper or is it just a gut feeling?

I doubt any of us know for sure so unless you've seen a copy of the contract, or discussed it with his management or officials at the GWS.......

Guest hangon007

Nice sentiments but a petition's unnecessary in the circumstances IMO. The club is showing the way by developing the right environment for the future. We can help by becoming members and supporting the team on gamedays.

No problems feel free to remove it if you want.

Dear Tom

I think your sentiment is nice, but maybe we should let the boy enjoy his footy with us, & hopefully he'll fall in love with the DEES.

If we pressure him too much, he may hate it here & we may push him away.

The best thing to do, IMO, is let him enjoy his footy & his Mates within the club. Then, @ the end of it, his teammates will talk to him, & the club, & we can offer the best deal we can muster. After that it's just up to him.

Edited by dee-luded

Dear Tom

I would add... don't hold us out for the year like Ablett... Stay or go now !!! My heart is red and blue, I would hope Scully yours is too

Don't worry he doesn't read demonland although he knows about it...

He couldn't believe the training report (size and depth) completed in November and was wondering who the person was that completed them as they didn't notice a regular at training.

He'll stay at MFC unless the offer is too good to refuse not just a little better.

He won't re-sign to the end of season, this means nothing and has been the plan since April/May last year.

I would add... don't hold us out for the year like Ablett... Stay or go now !!! My heart is red and blue, I would hope Scully yours is too

Oh, my, god!!! Are you serious?? This isn't how contract negotiations work.. Scully not signing now isn't a sign of disloyalty!!

Talk about MFCSS to the extreme.

I for one am so thankful none of the players read this forum! I find quotes such as these insulting to the character.

FWIW it is well documented that Scully is the ultimate professional when it comes to his footy- the guy lives, eats and breaths footy. He dreams footy- he probably sleeps with his footy. Scully's main drive- his goal is the ultimate success in his chosen field; a premiership. Money is a by-product of his driving force in life. Money is the after dinner mint.

Forget it, the boy's gone.

Learn to live with it in advance is my advice...

Yeah, we're Melbourne supporters and we shouldn't get used to having nice things because we're Melbourne supporters...

I'm learning that living with this kind of attitude is corrosive.

He'll stay because we are the MFC and he is a good kid and wants to win things.

This story is testing out the Syndrome...

Oh, and the petition isn't necessary but send letters if you need to. Just don't be aggressive.

He couldn't believe the training report (size and depth) completed in November and was wondering who the person was that completed them as they didn't notice a regular at training.

There are a lot of people who couldn't believe how dedicated Tom is to his football so why the surprise at people like us who are dedicated and passionate about our footy club?

Bear in mind, in James Hird's autobiography, he says Paul Salmon explained to him why he made the final decision to leave Essendon for Hawthorn.

There were a multitude of reasons that made him consider it, but fans began to believe that he'd go before a decision had been made.

Salmon played poorly in a final for Essendon (when he was injured and shouldn't have been playing) but was booed by their supporters.

That is what convinced him to leave, and it turned out to be his last game as a bomber (until he went back years later, for a final season).

Tread carefully when trying to be so cutthroat about loyalty.

Nice sentiments but a petition's unnecessary in the circumstances IMO. The club is showing the way by developing the right environment for the future. We can help by becoming members and supporting the team on gamedays.

So true and one hope's Scully's heart does beat true for the Red & the Blue- GO DEES.

Problem is the media will not let this issue ride out till the end of the season.

They are dogs with a bone and will not let up until a contract is signed .

If his manager was truly intent on letting his charge concentrate on just playing football , he'd be signed sooner rather than later.

The longer it draws out the worse for us IMO , and the dogs in the media will love it .

I don't honestly believe that a fan forum will have any bearing on whether he stays or goes. I wish it could, but he will make his decision based on other factors. Realistically, if he's after quick cash he'll go to GWS, because there is no way we can match what they will offer. If he want's long term success, a better lifestyle and a healthy club culture he will stay. It all boils down to what he values.