Cameron Bruce

WonnaJurah

I personally feel that Bruce's disposal and lack of aggression/hardness at the ball leaves him very much on the edge of our team. For us to give him a two year deal would just limit the development of another young player.

I thought that at the end of the year Bruce did play quite well so i am happy for us to give him a one year deal and then re-assess at the end of the year

With the change in interchange rules, Bruce could turn out to be a useful sub player in his twilight years. Can play almost any position forward, back, middle...

Just a thought.

I think that this would be a good way to use Bruce if he doesn't lose anything (well in my opinion he probably needs to improve)

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally feel that Bruce's disposal and lack of aggression/hardness at the ball leaves him very much on the edge of our team. For us to give him a two year deal would just limit the development of another young player.

I thought that at the end of the year Bruce did play quite well so i am happy for us to give him a one year deal and then re-assess at the end of the year

I think that this would be a good way to use Bruce if he doesn't lose anything (well in my opinion he probably needs to improve)

Bruce along with all of the 10+ seasons players that have already left the club in recent years have the legacy of playing in under achieving and steadily declining teams. I agree he still has the goods for another year and Brad Green for a few more yet. To fully affect the culture change the emergence of new blood must not be stifled or inhibited. As the famous Chinese proverb goes. "If the old wont go away then the new won't come".

Edited by america de cali

It's expected that Bruce will sign as early as tomorrow, according to the Hun:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/is-mitch-hahn-on-ice-at-western-bulldogs/story-e6frf9jf-1225943938597

If the doggies ditch Mitch Hahn, could he be our replacement for Hale?

Not much chop in the ruck though...

Brucey... finally just friggin' sign! The Dees need Cam now that McDonald has gone. I wonder if any club has ever got rid of their captain AND vice-captain at the end of any given year???

As for Mitch 'Premium' Hahn... no way. No.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
I wonder if any club has ever got rid of their captain AND vice-captain at the end of any given year???

Fitzroy?

I'm not trying to be disrespectful by asking this, I'm looking for a serious considered answer:

Do we lose much if Bruces does go into the PSD?

I'm not sure that we do.

I have to agree .

Whether there is argy bargy going on or not between the club and Bruce, if he is good enough to play two years then he can do so on 2 * 1 year contracts.

I like Bruce but this isnt a charity

I'm not trying to be disrespectful by asking this, I'm looking for a serious considered answer:

Do we lose much if Bruces does go into the PSD?

I'm not sure that we do.

This one could go either way. If we let him go he could put in a really good season at the right team but for mine, he isnt worth 2 years at the money he's asking. His skill set is great and his ability to win the ball is terrific but he lacks pure leg speed in a game that is getting quicker every year.

I wouldn't be happy to let him go but two years should never have been on the table, ever.

What I'm learning more and more each day is that this club is now being run by people not only have a clear vision but the belief and cohunas to see it through , that means sticking to your guns. . Cam, you've had a bloody good run son ; you're lolly bag's been pretty full over the journey . You're either with us or agin us . Sign for a year or quite frankly bugger off. Noharm in you asking the question but it's been answered. Time to do something !

What I'm learning more and more each day is that this club is now being run by people not only have a clear vision but the belief and cohunas to see it through , that means sticking to your guns. . Cam, you've had a bloody good run son ; you're lolly bag's been pretty full over the journey . You're either with us or agin us . Sign for a year or quite frankly bugger off. Noharm in you asking the question but it's been answered. Time to do something !

Well Belzebub59 I hope you would use language which is a little more concilatory than that!

Because if you said that to me you would be wondering how to extract a football from your lower regions.

Thank god the Football department is doing the negotations.

Edited by old dee

I like the passion, the execution is a little off..

Well Belzebub59 I hope you would use language which is a little more concilatory than that!

Because if you said that to me you would be wondering how to extract a football from your sphincter.

Hahaha. Edited for accuracy.

Because if you said that to me you would be wondering how to extract a football from your lower regions.

Hes quite happy to bugger us around years back... Id be happy to set him straight.

Hes a big boy....am sure he wouldnt cry !! ffs

you might though by sounds of it... grown some.

Think again.. you made it personal

He is listed as a MFC player- that what counts.My understanding he agreed with terms last week.

Edited by jayceebee31

Bailey (& the FD) standing his ground and making it known.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/cameron-bruce-close-to-new-demon-deal/story-e6frf9jf-1225947181195

tick tock Brucey.

Good, to be successful we must be tough, but fair-which is what this deal is.

"But if he wants to remain at Melbourne, he will have no choice but to accept a one-year extension."

Very happy with that last line. Nothing against Cam but we're not a retirement home, if you're over 30 you get a 1 year deal, no exceptions.