NFL

Dappa Dan

4 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

I’m still crying over Kupps hammy that he keeps hurting.

Rams are not going to be any good this year. 

Def in tipping comp tho!

Packers will be lucky to win 7 games as well.  Transition year but we'll need to change the overall offensive structure with Rodgers gone

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Macca said:

Packers will be lucky to win 7 games as well.  Transition year but we'll need to change the overall offensive structure with Rodgers gone

From what limit footage I saw Love looked decent. Poor kid is following Rodgers and Farve. So unless he is as good as them he might cop it a bit. Lot to carry there.

• Like 1

Also while we’re lamenting a little here I’m jumping in.

Once upon a time there were two fine gentlemen named Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch. The former was widely know as a play calling mastermind who called walk on water with his playbook however there was one problem, in 5 seasons he hadn’t quite found the ‘right’ quarterback to run his offense. So in the 2021 draft these two decided to give away first round picks in 3 drafts to gain the 3rd overall pick in that draft and take North Dakota State wildcard Trey Lance.

The upside was enormous and possibilities endless, what an arm and legs that move! What follows? His development season is wasted because Jimmy is winning, that’s ok! He’s hardly played in college the last years because of Covid anyway so it’s not like he needed reps! How about next season that will be his chance! 

He starts 2 games in 2022 with the brilliant play caller choosing to have him run between the tackles, better be careful Kyle he could get hur….. Oops, broken foot. Ah well, sh** happens. Kyle is usually so great at keeping his QBs healthy, I mean his dad taught him well! It’s not your fault Kyle you are still the man and we’ll just pretend the next 2 QB injuries that you had a hand in after that didn’t happen either, hush hush.

Training camp 2023, the young man Trey will finally get his chance right at least split some reps with Purdy in camp yeah? Ergh ahh. Well about that, we just signed Sam Darnold and the thing is, even though he’s no good we sort of like him better and will give him more reps. Oh I nearly forgot, we also just signed Brandon Allen to compete for the backup spot, in fact this whole training camp we’re just going to give everyone a chance to be starting QB and not tell anyone who it will actually be. That sounds like a good idea that is proven to win things in this league.

We get to the end of training camp. Trey walks into John Lynch’s office where he and Kyle have been chatting before practice.

Lynch: “Hi Trey you’re here early? What can we do for you?”

Lance: “Coach, Mr Lynch, I’ve been doing a bit of thinking. Well actually no I haven’t had to think about this that much, I want a trade. You’ve no doubt heard that Dallas are interested in me and I’d like this to happen today please.”

Shanahan: “Trey, Trey, Trey my good man. Dallas have got Dak, and Cooper Rush who has proven to be a more than competent backup. Why would you want to go there and sit behind those two?”

Lance: “Anything is better than this cruddy mess. This training camp, every training camp, my whole time here. Cya guys, all the best.”

Trey is traded for a future 4th sealing the deal on the biggest bust in Niners history. Purdy starts under centre despite rehabbing his elbow most of the summer and not being able to work on throwing mechanics a lot.

Rant is over, bring on the season lads! 😊

• Like 1

We're getting the gang back together again! Good luck you blokes

9 starters so far in the tipping comp (factoring in Gorg & myself) 12 once GtB, DZ & DS put their tips in

And a reminder that newcomers are most welcome.  3 picks, 3 road winners, that's all there is to it

2 points up for grabs in week 1

And an interesting start to the season with the Jared Goff led Lions with an upset win at KC.  +6.5 point outsiders too.  A big win

With Green Bay coming back to the field post Rodgers, the NFC North is up for grabs (as are most of the other divisions)

Speaking of Rodgers, the whole J.E.T.S season will be a must watch

MNF kicks off with the Bills at the Jets ... should be a cracker of a game

The two 7mate games are Cinci @ Browns followed by Miami @ Chargers

SNF - Dallas @ Giants (another classic match-up)

So here's a refresher on all the teams that we support

@Gorgoroth  Rams

@BDA Cowboys

@Dee Zephyr  Bears

@Go the Biff  49ers

@JV7  Atlanta

@Dappa Dan  Eagles

@DeeSpencer  Bears

@DemonDave  49ers

@Clintosaurus  Jags

@Dr. Gonzo  J.E.T.S

@titan_uranus  49ers

@layzie  49ers

@Macca  Packers

@cowboy_from_hell  Vikings

We could do with some more AFC supported teams and I'm working on a couple of Demon mates who follow the Bills & Pats respectively

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Macca said:

@Gorgoroth  Rams

@BDA Cowboys

@Dee Zephyr  Bears

@Go the Biff  49ers

@JV7  Atlanta

@Dappa Dan  Eagles

@DeeSpencer  Bears

@DemonDave  49ers

@Clintosaurus  Jags

@Dr. Gonzo  J.E.T.S

@titan_uranus  49ers

@layzie  49ers

@Macca  Packers

We could do with some more AFC supported teams and I'm working on a couple of Demon mates who follow the Bills & Pats respectively

Might be helpful to have a pie chart. I'll do one later.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, layzie said:

Might be helpful to have a pie chart. I'll do one later.

I'll have an egg & bacon variety

Just watched the Lions/KC highlights ... the Chiefs dropped any number of catches and Goff played very well

Still, a very good win to the Lions especially at KC

Big day tomorrow and it all starts at 3.00am for your blokes

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Macca said:

@Gorgoroth  Rams

@BDA Cowboys

@Dee Zephyr  Bears

@Go the Biff  49ers

@JV7  Atlanta

@Dappa Dan  Eagles

@DeeSpencer  Bears

@DemonDave  49ers

@Clintosaurus  Jags

@Dr. Gonzo  J.E.T.S

@titan_uranus  49ers

@layzie  49ers

@Macca  Packers

Could do with a lot less niners fans too! 😂

• Haha 3