Jump to content

Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

    Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

    We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

    However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

    The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

    Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

    We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

    WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

    Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.


NFL


Dappa Dan

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

What’s with all the niners tips?!?!?!!

The might Rams let only 12 yards for the whole entire second half and 9 of them were on the last play when most thought a knee was more likely.

🤣

Not sure where the -7.5 points is coming from. Our corners look pretty suspect so Stafford could have some fortune if he airs it out. 

Kendrick looked damn good against Metcalf. Can we have him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, layzie said:

Not sure where the -7.5 points is coming from. Our corners look pretty suspect so Stafford could have some fortune if he airs it out. 

Kendrick looked damn good against Metcalf. Can we have him?

He did, keeping Metcalf quiet was huge, and our oline was solid, but how solid it will be against your D is another story. 
 

I saw one of your lineman gave up 10 pressures last game. I wonder where AD will line up…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

He did, keeping Metcalf quiet was huge, and our oline was solid, but how solid it will be against your D is another story. 
 

I saw one of your lineman gave up 10 pressures last game. I wonder where AD will line up…

Colt Mckivitz? I'm already not a fan. I was not a Mcglinchy fan but at least he could somewhat run-block. The right side of the line is not strong. Spencer Burford at RG is a worry too, 3 penalties and 4 pressures last week. They better do something this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, layzie said:

Colt Mckivitz? I'm already not a fan. I was not a Mcglinchy fan but at least he could somewhat run-block. The right side of the line is not strong. Spencer Burford at RG is a worry too, 3 penalties and 4 pressures last week. They better do something this week.

Can’t remember the guys name, but I’d start AD opposite side of the line to him and let the blitzes come through that guy. That way the blitz gets through easier as the double or triple team always goes to where AD is. 
But tbh unless we can contain McCaffrey it’s going to be a waltz in the park for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 9/15/2023 at 1:45 PM, layzie said:

Colt Mckivitz? I'm already not a fan. I was not a Mcglinchy fan but at least he could somewhat run-block. The right side of the line is not strong. Spencer Burford at RG is a worry too, 3 penalties and 4 pressures last week. They better do something this week.

Reckon we've under invested in our O-line for a while now. No point signing more & more pass rushers when you keep losing QB's to injury. We need a couple of units in there who can keep the bloody gate shut !

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Thought of you when I saw this Clint 🤣

https://x.com/AmurakaHidden/status/1701758420024516957?s=20

Dunno why it's not embedding

Yeah I saw that the other day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rams lose but played much better than I expected. Two picks in the second half pretty much was the game. 
Paku Nacua set two NFL records today, Most receptions by a player in his first two games and most catches by a rookie in a single game.

targeted 20 times by Stafford for

15 Rec for 147 yds oh and 4yds rushing.

Man this kid is good!!! 
25 rec and 266 yds in first two games is insane.

 

Not bad for a 5th rounder playing as WR1

Edited by Gorgoroth
  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 & 9 might win the NFC North!

In other news the Eagles, Bills, Chiefs, Ravens, 49ers, Falcons, Cowboys & Dolphins could all create separation soon enough ... maybe even the Bucs, Ravens & Browns as well

Jags & Lions, Rams will be thereabouts and should bounce back

And there's a few that could battle long seasons! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Rams lose but played much better than I expected. Two picks in the second half pretty much was the game. 
Paku Nacua set two NFL records today, Most receptions by a player in his first two games and most catches by a rookie in a single game.

targeted 20 times by Stafford for

15 Rec for 147 yds oh and 4yds rushing.

Man this kid is good!!! 
25 rec and 266 yds in first two games is insane.

 

Not bad for a 5th rounder playing as WR1

He had a ripping game today.  One you get Kupp back that's a good one-two receiver punch.  Thought Stafford made some good passes to him and Atwell too. 

 

Purdy missed a few targets today so we left points out there too,  and Aiyuk missed a lot of snaps with his shoulder issue. Still undefeated in regular season since McCaffrey has started.

And another great 'home' crowd for us in LA today. Bring on the Giants!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DemonDave said:

He had a ripping game today.  One you get Kupp back that's a good one-two receiver punch.  Thought Stafford made some good passes to him and Atwell too. 

 

Purdy missed a few targets today so we left points out there too,  and Aiyuk missed a lot of snaps with his shoulder issue. Still undefeated in regular season since McCaffrey has started.

And another great 'home' crowd for us in LA today. Bring on the Giants!

 

I’ll hope to watch highlights tonight. Seen a few, but to be with you guys all game and beat Seattle is more than I was expecting even with Kupp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Rams lose but played much better than I expected. Two picks in the second half pretty much was the game. 
Paku Nacua set two NFL records today, Most receptions by a player in his first two games and most catches by a rookie in a single game.

targeted 20 times by Stafford for

15 Rec for 147 yds oh and 4yds rushing.

Man this kid is good!!! 
25 rec and 266 yds in first two games is insane.

 

Not bad for a 5th rounder playing as WR1

Thought the Rams played really well Gorg. Nacua was everywhere and making our suspect corners look just that, especially Charvarius Ward who gave up at least 3 of those big catches. Just goes to show that there are gem WRs deep in the draft. Going to be interesting seeing him and Kupp work together when he's back. 

The game came down to turnovers really, Niners 0 Rams 2, that was the difference. I was impressed with Purdy's ability to manage the game and make the short to medium throws when they needed to be made, it was a tidy game from him, didn't throw a TD but didn't give the ball away. In the long run though we need our QB able to throw a deep ball occasionally. Wins a win. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, layzie said:

Thought the Rams played really well Gorg. Nacua was everywhere and making our suspect corners look just that, especially Charvarius Ward who gave up at least 3 of those big catches. Just goes to show that there are gem WRs deep in the draft. Going to be interesting seeing him and Kupp work together when he's back. 

The game came down to turnovers really, Niners 0 Rams 2, that was the difference. I was impressed with Purdy's ability to manage the game and make the short to medium throws when they needed to be made, it was a tidy game from him, didn't throw a TD but didn't give the ball away. In the long run though we need our QB able to throw a deep ball occasionally. Wins a win. 

Yeah turn overs were a big difference. I’ve been impressed with our oline which was a big worry across all pre season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@layzie @Gorgoroth @JV7 @DeeSpencer @Go the Biff @titan_uranus @BDA @Dr. Gonzo @Clintosaurus @DemonDave @Dee Zephyr @Dappa Dan

Only one winner in the comp so DeeSpencer picks up a bonus point as well - well played!

We play for 2 points this week so good luck

Leaderboard Tipping Comp

2 - DemonDave,  Go the Biff,  Dr. Gonzo,  layzie,  Clintosaurus,  DeeSpencer

0 - Everyone else 🤔

 

image.png.f8bef40de2a14004717dd878cd5a6c5d.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    PREGAME: Opening Round vs Sydney

    The Demons head up to Sydney to open the 2024 AFL Season against the Swans at the SCG. Who will debut for the Dees? Will Clarry be recalled to the team?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 159

    PODCAST: Practice Match vs Carlton

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Thursday, 29th February @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Practice Match victory over the Blues at Ikon Park. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 66

    POSTGAME: Practice Match vs Carlton

    The Demons had total control of the practice match against the Blues taking out the honours and running out victors by 38 points at Ikon Park.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 270

    GAMEDAY: Practice Match vs Carlton

    It's Game Day and the Demons are headed for a date with the Blues at Ikon Park for their final practice match before the ball is kicked in anger to open the season in just over a week's time. Date: Wednesday 28th February 2024 Location: Ikon Park Gates Open: 5:30pm Match commences: 6:40pm Watch: Foxtel & Kayo VFL practice match: Please note, the VFL practice match (10:30am) is no longer open to public. Entry: Your entry gate will be detailed on your ticket (4, 5 or 6)

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 308

    TRAINING: Tuesday 27th February 2024

    I headed down to Gosch’s Paddock this morning for the Captain’s Run in the lead up to tomorrow night’s practice match against the Blues.  The squad that took the field was indicative of the lineup for that match at Ikon Park.  Likely Selections based on the groupings of players at the Captain's Run today at Gosch's Paddock. Main Group: Gawn, Viney, May, JVR, Lever, Petracca, McVee, Windsor, Billings, Langdon, Bowey, Schache, Rivers, ANB, Fritsch, Sparrow, Chandler, Kozzy,

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports 4

    SCRUTINY & RESILIENCE by Whispering Jack

    If the week when preseason training melds into scratch matches with other clubs, is the first marker for the beginning of a new season, then this has certainly been a torrid opener for the Melbourne Football Club in its campaign to remain a leading AFL premiership contender in 2024. The Demons were already under enormous scrutiny from the media and football’s fan base (including their own) after consecutive straight-sets finals exits, with Clayton Oliver’s well documented woes, the Joel Smi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 27

    Angus Brayshaw Forced into Retirement

    After 167 games including the drought breaking Premiership Angus Brayshaw has made the heart breaking decision to medically retire from football as a result of a series of serious head knocks over his nearly decade of footy. We wish Gus all the best and he'll always be a hero at Demonland. 😢

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 414

    PODCAST: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 20th February @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Scratch Match loss to the Tigers and hopefully provide me with some free MFCSS therapy. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 43

    PREGAME: Practice Match vs Carlton

    The Dees will play their final practice match before the start of the 2024 seasons against the Blues at Ikon Park. What are you wanting to see in this final hit out before the season proper? Will Clarry & Salo return to the side? 2024 AAMI Community Series | Carlton v Melbourne Date: Wednesday 28 February Time: 6:40pm (AEDT) Location: IKON Park | Wurundjeri

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 183
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...