Addam Maric

dee-luded

How about Maric to Richmond for their 2nd Round pick, then forwarded on to North for Hale to come to Melbourne. Means we don't give up any of our picks, we have a loss on Maric (picked him at 21 or something, Tiges 2nd round pick is late 20's), Richmond could do with a small crumbing forward as I think Maric is better than their current options. Roos get a 2nd round pick for Hale.

If anything, I would delist Spencer and rookie Johnson. I have seen nothing in Spencer that makes me think he will make it as an AFL footballer. I'm serious, I have no praise or hope for him whatsoever.

I don't see Richmond giving us a second round pick for Maric. They aren't Carlton.

I would really prefer to hang onto the lad for another season or two just to see if he can get himself playing the way we hoped he would. I'm said before that I don't think he'll make it as an AFL player, but here and there he's shown glimpses of brilliance. If ha can manage to show more than the odd flash he'll be well worth the spot in our side.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see Richmond giving us a second round pick for Maric. They aren't Carlton.

I would really prefer to hang onto the lad for another season or two just to see if he can get himself playing the way we hoped he would. I'm said before that I don't think he'll make it as an AFL player, but here and there he's shown glimpses of brilliance. If ha can manage to show more than the odd flash he'll be well worth the spot in our side.

I agree I don't think he'll make it, and given his only real position is small forward I'd rather trade for a draft pick or possibly another young player with more upside (read versatility). We're getting to the stage where we can't have players hanging around too long waiting to see if they'll turn the corner.

To set the record straight - I'm just that...

Although, if you're kicking a goal for the dees to put us up in a close one...

You do become rather attractive...

And Maric has ingredients but if you don't get in there into the kitchen and make something with it - who's gives a sh!t?

There's no nourishment, as Danny Frawley would say.

That's right, I quoted Danny Frawley, it's that time of year.

Did no one see Survivor last night?

The redneck knew he was getting voted out, so just before the vote he took one last swipe at a guy he didn't like by saying "wait, I gotta get this outta the way first - dude, are you gay?"

Trainwreck tv. It was gold.

No?

It's no fun when pop culture references fall like a lead balloon.

The redneck knew he was getting voted out, so just before the vote he took one last swipe at a guy he didn't like by saying "wait, I gotta get this outta the way first - dude, are you gay?"

No?

Ah, glad you explained that, I didn't think you would be homophobic after your anti racial discrimination comments.

Very obtuse though, didn't think anyone watched survivor these days, let alone the dialogue. Come to think of it, watching survivor may be worse than being homophobic :wacko:

Guest hangon007

Maric for Tambling

Get CC on the telephone today ... I can only imagine the "colourful" language you will get in return. Expected the F word to be used on more than 1 occasion. Are you trying to insight a riot at Tigerland? (hehehe - But I like it)

Edited by hangon007

Ah, glad you explained that, I didn't think you would be homophobic after your anti racial discrimination comments.

Very obtuse though, didn't think anyone watched survivor these days, let alone the dialogue. Come to think of it, watching survivor may be worse than being homophobic :wacko:

Depends what you watch it for. If you watch it for the bitching and the hot mactors, then you're an idiot, but if you watch it to see the strategy behind the game, then there's something to the show.

Depends what you watch it for. If you watch it for the bitching and the hot mactors, then you're an idiot, but if you watch it to see the strategy behind the game, then there's something to the show.

This is something that always fascinated me, but I'd have to watch it religously for that. Too much effort for a trashy tv show.

I only was flicking channels and decided to stay for the end.

I was surprised the next day by the number of people commenting on what the redneck said & thought it a shot since posters often mention Lost, Flash Forward and other pop culture tv shows that I generally don't watch.

Missed the mark.

How about putting some games into the kid, Is that too much to ask ? Why are people so keen to trade for other clubs sh!t players?

I play footy with three blokes that played with him for years at Greenvale and have told me on numerous occasions this kid is an absolute freak. LETS GIVE THE KID A GO !! For more that 2 games at a time.

Didn't see survivor the other night? No?

Don't blame you, I only stumbled across it briefly before I went to bed, but it seemed like a lot of people did.

No?

I did. Survivor is my favourite show.

That guy, Shannon, what a tool. Straight up said he didn't want another woman to win because, well, that would mean another woman would win, and that men had to win everything in life. Then tried to call out the guy that might look gay, but isn't, thereby making an ass of himself in front of the rest of his tribe. On Day 6. What a show.

So your comment wasn't lost on me.

I play footy with three blokes that played with him for years at Greenvale and have told me on numerous occasions this kid is an absolute freak. LETS GIVE THE KID A GO !! For more that 2 games at a time.

+1.

We all witnessed how he played vs Sydney... :)

+1.

We all witnessed how he played vs Sydney... :)

Did quite well against Sydney and was very stiff to be dropped IMO. I wish he hadn't missed that easy shot on goal, Confidence would've lifted a notch.

I'm booking him in for a BREAK OUT YEAR !!!!

Did quite well against Sydney and was very stiff to be dropped IMO. I wish he hadn't missed that easy shot on goal, Confidence would've lifted a notch.

I'm booking him in for a BREAK OUT YEAR !!!!

Bookmark this thread so you don't lose it when you need to refer back to it for gloating purposes! :P

Maric has all the ilk to become our S. Milne if he is given a decent chance! Aussie seems to be our once-in-form Leon Davis (forward tackling pressure and spark at times).

Spots are hard to come by now, though. A good problem to have albeit.

Can't blame Addam for requesting a trade to be given more deserving opportunities elsewhere.

Bookmark this thread so you don't lose it when you need to refer back to it for gloating purposes! :P

Maric has all the ilk to become our S. Milne if he is given a decent chance! Aussie seems to be our once-in-form Leon Davis (forward tackling pressure and spark at times).

Can't blame Addam for requesting a trade to be given more deserving opportunities elsewhere.

Well said, Couldn't agree more.

That's a fair comment . Have been a Maric fan from early on and probably as frustrated as he is lol with his progress or lack of. He might benefit from the same efforts given by the club to other on-the-cusp developing players. He needs the chance tosettle into a forward arc role . Aussie is a live wire but hot and cold . Maric has some ver special qualities but little has bubbled to the surface to date ( at afl level)

I'd love to see him blosom and flourish as a Dee but he might want that opportu ity elsewhere if he feels stifled at Melb

My mates that know Addam talk about him being the best kick they've played with and how freakish he is and I think he showed a lot against Sydney but if he wants a trade, there's probably no point keeping him. Brisbane are in desperate need of a Maric-type player and I think he would get a spot in their 22 if he should be traded there.

What would people say to a Maric for Cornelius trade?

My mates that know Addam talk about him being the best kick they've played with and how freakish he is and I think he showed a lot against Sydney but if he wants a trade, there's probably no point keeping him. Brisbane are in desperate need of a Maric-type player and I think he would get a spot in their 22 if he should be traded there.

All this talk about Maric being a star kick is well and good, but all those reports come from his days as a junior player. 3 years ago. He has not shown any signs of being a player of elite disposal in his AFL games. Might be sad for those who expected more, but that's what has eventuated with Addam in his three years on our list.

Can't see Brisbane letting Cornelius go. Brown and Fev are coming to the end, both their bodies are beginning to collapse. They'll need someone to step up and fill that void soon.

I don't think Brissy would go for it.

From a Melbourne perspective, I would fall over myself running to get to that one.

From a Brisbane perspective, what sweetener are you adding?

Or, alternately, what Steamin' Demon said.