Dunn's Goal

Old Gregg

Any chance for goal of the year?

There were Buddy's two efforts against Essendon, and Milne's freakish toepoke against Port...those are the standouts off the top of my head.

Pretty awesome being in the MCC sitting right behind it, absolute euphoria, and the Norf supporters were stunned :lol:

There were Buddy's two efforts against Essendon, and Milne's freakish toepoke against Port...those are the standouts off the top of my head.

Pretty awesome being in the MCC sitting right behind it, absolute euphoria, and the Norf supporters were stunned :lol:

Riolis last week was awesome to

You must have been sitting near me!! what a classic goal, got to be a contender at least.

I am glad for Lynden, he was good tonight. B)

Yeah i agree it has to be a contender but i still think Buddy takes the cake. They were awe inspiring and at such a crucial time of the game. They were also a great display of pace, skill and confidence whereas Rioli and Dunn were displays of luck.

Yeah i agree it has to be a contender but i still think Buddy takes the cake. They were awe inspiring and at such a crucial time of the game. They were also a great display of pace, skill and confidence whereas Rioli and Dunn were displays of luck.

Sums it up perfectly. Davey's goal against the lions that was similar a couple of years ago hardly got a mention for GOTY. From memory it got goal of the week but didn't cone close to taking the overall award...

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

May I ask, what is with Dunne's mo, is it moVember already???????

It is his secret weapon. With it he is a gun but without it he is just another player.

That. Was. A. Ripper. Dunny goal of the year.

And imagine if he kicked the goal straight after when he was pulled down by that dog Firrito??

Dunny our instigator. Love him and expecting a ripper 2011 from the man they call "The Chin".

That. Was. A. Ripper. Dunny goal of the year.

And imagine if he kicked the goal straight after when he was pulled down by that dog Firrito??

Dunny our instigator. Love him and expecting a ripper 2011 from the man they call "The Chin".

Yep me too. Can't wait.

Wish he kicked the goal to put Firrito back in his box.

Edited by BattlerBailey

Cannot understate the improvement in Dunny's game this year! I never thought he was in our best 22 but his efforts this year have proved me wrong! Great goal Dunny! Hope it wins you the cookies, but more importantly, it's indicative of the improvement shown this year! 2011 and beyond!

Check out 0:07... he's the guy completely flat out on his chest just outside the square. 7 seconds later he's going up for a mark 40 out.

Quite right shows good speed - quite a character as well by all accounts - different which you gotta like.

I would just like to put a bit in here....I happened to be out exercising on Friday morning and went past AAMI park, the forwards were coming out to have a bit of a kick..so I stopped to watch..and they played around with a soccer ball...so perhaps Dunn's soccer goal was not such a freak, similar to LJ's side foot for a goal a couple of weeks ago.......there were rugby posts up at one end and the session finished with who could hit the crossbar with a footy......also if Brad Miller is looking for a left field move, he was excellent with the soccer ball, juggling, kicking etc.

Edited by satyricon

Just a question.....why is Franklins a better goal than Dunns. I don't buy the argument that it's better because it was more skillful. A freakish goal with some luck is still a great goal. Franklins' goal was all class, no doubting that. But a goal like Dunn's is so out of the norm. That's what makes it special.

It'll be interesting to see who gets it but it'd be a nice feather in the cap to see Jurrah take Mark of the Year and Dunn for Goal of the Year.

Edited by pm24

Just a question.....why is Franklins a better goal than Dunns. I don't buy the argument that it's better because it was more skillful. A freakish goal with some luck is still a great goal. Franklins' goal was all class, no doubting that. But a goal like Dunn's is so out of the norm. That's what makes it special.

Franklin's goal required him to run 40-50 metres, in the fourth quarter, then thread through a goal from the boundary on the run, all while being chased, and with the season in the balance.

Dunn threw his boot at the ball and luck went his way.

It's a bloody simple argument.

Franklin's goal required him to run 40-50 metres, in the fourth quarter, then thread through a goal from the boundary on the run, all while being chased, and with the season in the balance.

Dunn threw his boot at the ball and luck went his way.

It's a bloody simple argument.

I can see your reasoning, but goals from the boundary have started to appear with alarming regularity in the last few weeks, we even had a couple at the weekend, the goal of the year should be given to something freakish, but saying that I think Franklin will get it

I can see your reasoning, but goals from the boundary have started to appear with alarming regularity in the last few weeks, we even had a couple at the weekend, the goal of the year should be given to something freakish, but saying that I think Franklin will get it

there are goals kicked from the boundary like what Milne does most games, like the guy from Port last week against us, etc etc, but the goal Franklin kicked from the boundary was different to them. It was one of the greatest goals I have ever seen. Dunn's was up there, LJ's soccer goal is up there too, but Buddy's goal deserves to be goal of the year, with his other goal that night a distant 2nd, then daylight between it and the rest (Dunn, LJ, Rioli, and I'd even throw Bate/Petterd team goal in there for equal third).

Goal of the Year is given to just that, the goal of the year. Some years it will be a freakish one, some years it will be quality like nothing seen before. The year that the Wiz won it - his wasn't freakish, it was class, same when Woewodin won it

It was a thrilling goal for sure, but it was complete arse. If it won GOTY I think other more genuinely skillful goals would be robbed.

Not too sure about that?! He was aiming at goal and that was his intention, so is that luck, arse or skill?!